IRC log of wot-uc on 2021-05-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:05:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-uc
12:05:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/05/25-wot-uc-irc
12:05:51 [kaz]
meeting: WoT Use Cases
12:06:10 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, David_Ezell, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima
12:07:19 [kaz]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf#Agenda_25.5.
12:08:00 [kaz]
present+ Philip_Tran
12:08:50 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot-uc
12:08:58 [kaz]
scibenick: McCool
12:08:59 [philip_tran]
philip_tran has joined #wot-uc
12:09:04 [McCool]
topic: minutes
12:09:33 [McCool]
ml: reviews May 4 minutes
12:11:22 [dezell]
q+
12:14:16 [McCool]
de: hubs in retail focus on localization and portability
12:14:33 [McCool]
mm: edgex just an example, need to look at how to capture uc and requirements
12:14:43 [McCool]
ml: anyway, any objections to the minutes?
12:14:53 [McCool]
... hearing none, published
12:15:03 [McCool]
kaz: we also need to look at May 11 minutes
12:15:16 [kaz]
i|reviews|-> https://www.w3.org/2021/05/04-wot-uc-minutes.html May-4|
12:15:16 [mlagally]
https://www.w3.org/2021/05/11-wot-uc-minutes.html
12:15:19 [McCool]
ml: review May 11 minutes
12:15:40 [McCool]
... right, that was when Soumya presented
12:15:58 [kaz]
i|May 11|-> https://www.w3.org/2021/05/11-wot-uc-minutes.html May-11|
12:16:14 [McCool]
... also the ITU-T liaison; I guess we are still waiting for their response
12:16:46 [McCool]
... and Soumya presented several use cases that touched on AR/VR and edge cases
12:18:02 [McCool]
... planned to come back with a UC contribution
12:19:07 [McCool]
mm: now I'm wondering if Soumya knows about the meeting schedule; has the wiki page been updated?
12:19:17 [McCool]
ml: let me check...
12:20:45 [McCool]
ml: any objection to publishing the minutes?
12:20:59 [McCool]
... hearing none, to be published
12:21:53 [McCool]
topic: issue review
12:23:46 [McCool]
ml: as a general comment, there are a lot of things commented out in the index.html that need to be filled in
12:23:57 [McCool]
... have created issues for many of these
12:24:41 [McCool]
... and also, added several hidden citations so references show up but document does not cite them in visible content
12:25:03 [McCool]
... also, it would be better to use re-spec references as opposed to local ones
12:25:16 [McCool]
... mizushima-san, do you think you can look into this?
12:25:33 [kaz]
q+
12:26:02 [kaz]
q- dezell
12:26:03 [McCool]
ms: I am willing to check the links, but in some cases there are no data
12:26:17 [McCool]
... for example, MMI-2.1, etc. what are these?
12:26:27 [McCool]
ml: those are a bit special
12:27:39 [McCool]
mm: btw, MMI stands for "multimodal interface" and may or may not be in respec (was a CG note, I think)
12:28:07 [McCool]
ml: some things we need local refs, but if is it an RFC, etc. there should be an official ref for that
12:28:41 [McCool]
kaz: we need to look at refs; but I did make a PR to update the publication, and some of those changes were reference fixes
12:29:14 [McCool]
... but, respec has a bug that is introducing white space and breaking some things, so...
12:29:36 [McCool]
ml: why don't you work with mizushima-san and see if you can sort out the references?
12:30:21 [McCool]
action: kaz to work with mizushima-san on specref database
12:31:40 [McCool]
topic: PRs
12:31:51 [mlagally]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/134/files
12:32:01 [McCool]
kaz: this updates various things for publication
12:32:19 [McCool]
... fairly large, but we need to merge it as a basis for discussion
12:32:26 [McCool]
ml: it's all editorial cleanup?
12:32:32 [McCool]
kaz: yes, and there is a summary
12:33:09 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/134#issue-652247919 summary of the changes
12:33:17 [McCool]
... fixing broken links, mention of "master" converted to "main", duplicate ids, etc. etc.
12:34:09 [McCool]
ml: other PRs
12:34:17 [McCool]
... cultural spaces
12:34:32 [mlagally]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/131
12:36:02 [McCool]
... is intro contributions, as an HTML file
12:36:24 [McCool]
kaz: unfortunately he modified the template directly, so we need to fix the PR
12:37:09 [McCool]
mm: and we can ignore the markup and formatting for now, will fix when we roll up into index.html
12:38:31 [McCool]
... I think the environmental control requirements are new here
12:38:46 [McCool]
... it's true that art museums etc. have special requirements
12:39:20 [McCool]
ml: knowledge representation of locations...
12:39:29 [McCool]
mm: so, geolocation?
12:39:40 [McCool]
ml: related to energy consumption as well
12:39:45 [McCool]
... also person tracking
12:44:39 [McCool]
ml: so let's add some comments
12:45:03 [McCool]
mm: needs citation for definition of "trustworthy" and "trust degree" since actually uses a numerical value
12:45:20 [McCool]
ml: (add comments)
12:45:27 [McCool]
mm: a discussion of accessibility
12:46:37 [McCool]
... would also be useful, not sure if is already in there
12:46:55 [McCool]
mm: regarding the template issue, we can fix, but will require some cutting and pasting
12:48:46 [McCool]
ml: also some discussion of welcome messages, environmental and lighting controls, etc.
12:49:29 [McCool]
mm: interesting discussion here, because you might not want heating/humidity to vary too much, but temporarily brightening lighting might be ok
12:49:41 [McCool]
ml: perhaps they missed location?
12:50:48 [McCool]
mm: person might be given a guide that has a tracker
12:51:06 [McCool]
... also, some museums have "linear" exhibits, some are branching
12:52:02 [McCool]
... for location, need something more specialized to indoor
12:54:12 [McCool]
mm: does he mean some visitors have more rights than others, e.g. rights to take photographs?
12:55:26 [McCool]
mm: would imagine tracking artifacts is something you'd want to do in a museum
12:55:58 [dezell]
q+ before the end of the meeting would like to talk about Conexxus User stories
12:56:00 [McCool]
... and correlate that with visitors, environmental controls, etc.
12:57:50 [McCool]
ml: so summary, we accept it, once they mix the name conflict, we can revisit in next call
12:57:59 [McCool]
topic: Connexxus User Stories
12:58:26 [McCool]
de: IoT group in connexxus had made progress on user stories
12:58:33 [McCool]
... outdoor and indoor
12:58:50 [McCool]
... are 11 in the outdoor, about 15 for indoor
12:59:01 [McCool]
... wondering if we can make use of some of these here
12:59:08 [McCool]
... have identified stakeholders
12:59:32 [McCool]
... end users, why do they care (what do they want to know...)
12:59:44 [McCool]
... relates to security and discovery
13:00:22 [McCool]
mm: sounds like it has a lot of useful material
13:00:31 [McCool]
ml: is there a presentation or summary?
13:00:37 [McCool]
de: is a word document
13:00:57 [McCool]
... one thing they are trying to reason about is abstracting these into a set of thing descriptions
13:01:17 [McCool]
... is it possible to abstract three of these as TDs?
13:02:11 [McCool]
ml: no use case meeting next week... in two weeks
13:02:56 [McCool]
mm: can we get access to the document?
13:03:11 [McCool]
ml: more productive to have a presentation...
13:03:19 [McCool]
... we can aim for four weeks out
13:03:28 [McCool]
de: can't make the next meeting
13:04:00 [McCool]
mm: could we switch around parts of architecture and use case calls?
13:04:40 [McCool]
de: that might work, I will talk to jack d about it
13:05:08 [McCool]
ml: any other business?
13:05:32 [McCool]
... no, let's adjourn; thanks, all. Note: no UC or Arch call next week.
13:52:29 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:52:34 [kaz]
rrsagnt, draft minutes
13:52:46 [kaz]
d/rrsagnt, draft minutes//
13:52:53 [kaz]
s|d/rrsagnt, draft minutes//|
13:53:10 [kaz]
s/rrsagnt, draft minutes//
13:53:15 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:53:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/25-wot-uc-minutes.html kaz
15:04:58 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot-uc