IRC log of wot-marketing on 2021-05-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:02:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-marketing
11:02:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/05/18-wot-marketing-irc
11:03:02 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT Marketing
11:03:08 [dape]
dape has joined #wot-marketing
11:04:35 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot-marketing
11:04:51 [Ege]
Ege has joined #wot-marketing
11:04:55 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot-marketing
11:09:09 [Ege]
(minute review is postponed)
11:09:17 [Ege]
Topic: Video subtitles
11:09:30 [Ege]
sk: french subtitles are available after Coralie's PR
11:10:25 [Ege]
mm: How many more languages are needed before release?
11:10:35 [Ege]
sk: I think we have a good number now
11:10:57 [dape]
q+
11:12:47 [Ege]
sk: maybe the maintainer of wot-py can review or do the translation to spanish
11:13:45 [Ege]
dp: the subtitles are already aavailable on youtube
11:15:29 [Ege]
mm: we should have reached a resolution before putting them on youtube
11:15:39 [Ege]
kaz: dom did it based on the resolution on the github issue no?
11:16:12 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima
11:16:19 [dape]
ack dape
11:17:05 [Ege]
mm: we should say that a release should happen when the words "released" or similar is mentioned
11:19:06 [Ege]
sk: (comments on the issue about this)
11:19:20 [Ege]
sk: (updates the first comment about what has been released)
11:20:38 [kaz]
i/(minute review/scribenick: Ege/
11:20:45 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
11:20:49 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:20:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/18-wot-marketing-minutes.html kaz
11:22:14 [Ege]
mm: this sentence about release should be in the first comment
11:23:44 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/141 Issue 141
11:24:06 [kaz]
s/Issue 141/Issue 141 - Multiple language support for the animation video/
11:24:11 [kaz]
topic: Minutes
11:26:25 [Ege]
kaz: we have 137 registrants for the workshop
11:26:48 [kaz]
i|137|-> https://www.w3.org/2021/05/11-wot-marketing-minutes.html May-11|
11:28:54 [Ege]
kaz: I proposed a recording of 5 minutes for the participants
11:29:16 [Ege]
mm: a powerpoint with audio in it is better since it needs less data and can be easily shared and put to github
11:29:54 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/speakers.html#how workshop video instruction
11:32:23 [kaz]
-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Group/group-smartcity-ws-pc/2021May/0067.html fyi, pre-recorded discussion on the workshop PC
11:35:08 [Ege]
kaz: video is desired for accesibility reasons
11:39:52 [kaz]
i/we have 137/(approved)/
11:40:03 [kaz]
i/137/topic: Smart Cities Workshop/
11:40:40 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#May_18.2C_2021
11:40:59 [Ege]
sk: the wikipedia page of td is now online
11:41:09 [Ege]
mm: what about cross linking from the wot page?
11:41:13 [kaz]
i/the wiki/topic: Wikipedia update/
11:41:41 [kaz]
i|the wiki|-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_Description Thing Description on Wikipedia|
11:42:39 [kaz]
i|cross link|-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_Things Web of Things on Wikipedia|
11:43:31 [dape]
see redirect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Redirect
11:44:53 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
11:44:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/18-wot-marketing-minutes.html kaz
11:45:10 [Ege]
sk: now we can edit this document easily
11:51:10 [kaz]
topic: Web page traffic
11:51:16 [kaz]
sk: no response yet
11:51:32 [kaz]
... Kaz, can you check with Coralie?
11:51:34 [kaz]
kaz: will do
11:51:46 [kaz]
topic: Conferences
11:52:22 [kaz]
Chair: Sebastian
11:53:13 [kaz]
subtopic: API Conference
11:54:01 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/163 Issue 163 - API Specification Conference 2021
11:54:26 [kaz]
mm: we have several resources but we have difficulty with sharing the videos
11:55:25 [kaz]
ek: regarding my own videos, I could share them on my university's site
11:55:38 [kaz]
i/no response/scribebick: kaz/
11:57:09 [kaz]
mm: we should archive our source videos
11:57:25 [Ege]
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/insert-a-video-from-youtube-or-another-site-8340ec69-4cee-4fe1-ab96-4849154bc6db#:~:text=In%20PowerPoint%2C%20click%20the%20slide,and%20resize%20as%20you%20like.
11:58:32 [kaz]
kaz: maybe we can ask Dom and Coralie about possible easier way for video uploading, etc.
11:58:34 [Ege]
mm: let's ask coralie on how to share videos
11:58:41 [Ege]
sk: (creating issue about this)
11:59:49 [kaz]
i/let's/scribenick: Ege/
12:00:33 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:00:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/18-wot-marketing-minutes.html kaz
12:01:07 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:01:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/18-wot-marketing-minutes.html kaz
12:01:49 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/178 Issue 178 - Where to place videos?
13:28:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot-marketing