IRC log of wot-td on 2021-05-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:07:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-td
14:07:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-irc
14:07:32 [kaz]
meeting: WoT-WG - TD-TF
14:08:00 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Fady_Salama, Michael_Koster
14:08:03 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot-td
14:08:35 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#May_5.2C_2021
14:08:59 [kaz]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
14:09:03 [kaz]
scribenick: mjk
14:09:44 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot-td
14:09:52 [kaz]
present+ Tomoaki_Mizushima
14:09:59 [mjk]
topic: agenda review
14:10:03 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
14:10:08 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:10:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
14:10:17 [kaz]
present+ Michael_McCool
14:10:26 [mjk]
sk: focus on review of PRs and prepare for final document review
14:10:38 [kaz]
i|focus|-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#May_5.2C_2021 Agenda for today|
14:11:17 [mjk]
mm: issue #940, question around signing
14:11:22 [Fady_]
Fady_ has joined #wot-td
14:12:17 [mjk]
topic: minutes review from last meeting
14:12:43 [kaz]
Chair: Sebastian
14:13:07 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2021/04/28-wot-td-minutes.html Apr-28
14:14:15 [mjk]
sk: walking through the PRs that we reviewed last week
14:17:34 [mjk]
sk: we decided to allow as much of JSON schema as we can, and include the missing terms
14:18:10 [mjk]
mm: there were also some arbitrary extension points that we discussed
14:18:38 [mjk]
... we should not allow extensions because it prevents good checking for typos
14:19:37 [mjk]
sk: discussion on selection where multiple forms are present
14:20:38 [mjk]
... discussion on URI variables
14:22:06 [mjk]
... PR for tmRequired and tmRef
14:22:36 [mjk]
... there will be a new namespace and prefix convention for TM
14:23:10 [mjk]
... they will be tm:required and tm:ref using the new namspace
14:27:14 [mjk]
sk: does the SDF use of required apply to anything or just interactions?
14:28:20 [mjk]
mjk: sdfRequired can point at any JSON node, including interactions and sdfChoice (enum) elements
14:28:47 [mjk]
s/point at/point to
14:29:50 [mjk]
sk: we can add a sentence to clarify the use of tm:required
14:30:03 [mjk]
topic: PR reviews
14:30:25 [mjk]
sk: #937
14:30:41 [kaz]
i/we can add/sk: minutes themselves have been approved/
14:30:53 [kaz]
i/we can add/topic: Publication/
14:31:30 [kaz]
i/we can add/sk: call for review after this TD call, and we're planning to publish the updated TD draft May 19/
14:31:37 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
14:31:41 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:31:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
14:32:46 [kaz]
i/#937/subtopic: PR 937/
14:32:51 [mjk]
sk: #943
14:33:18 [mjk]
mk: we are rebasing the PR so should close this one
14:33:37 [kaz]
i|#937|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937 PR 937 - WIP: swap securtiy and securityDefinition in context file|
14:33:37 [mjk]
s/mk/mm
14:33:54 [kaz]
i|#943|subtopic: PR 943|
14:34:12 [mjk]
mm: the new PR will be based on issue #940
14:34:22 [kaz]
i|#943|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/943 PR 943 - WIP: Add proof and proofChain sections|
14:35:00 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:35:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
14:35:20 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1085
14:35:35 [mjk]
sk: Validation section
14:36:29 [kaz]
i|Validation|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1085 PR 1085 - WIP: Add Validation Section|
14:36:34 [mjk]
mm: could merge but the tagging is not done yet
14:36:46 [mjk]
sk: agree to merge
14:37:32 [mjk]
... maybe we could think more about the naming of the categories
14:38:04 [mjk]
mm: we could change it to minimum + basic
14:38:29 [mjk]
mm: will add an editor note about the tagging and make the name change
14:38:52 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1120 - validation for icon links
14:39:46 [mjk]
cris: it validates the size metadata
14:39:57 [kaz]
i|it validates|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1120 PR 1120|
14:42:07 [mjk]
cris: adds a validation rule when sizes is present
14:44:26 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1121 - introduce profile term
14:45:10 [mjk]
sk: optional term for indicating the profile mechanism, URI pointing to a wot profile
14:45:42 [kaz]
i|optional|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1121 PR 1121|
14:46:33 [mjk]
ege: it could be an array with "and" validation of all profiles
14:47:57 [mjk]
... the definition should have a statement about how multiple profiles are applied
14:49:41 [mjk]
... a consumer may only need to support one of the offered profiles
14:50:13 [mjk]
mm: a producer may support more than one profile at the same time
14:51:18 [mjk]
... need to add this explanation to the profile specification
14:54:02 [mjk]
sk: there could be a question of which form to consume when there are multiple choices in forms
14:54:36 [mjk]
mk: the profile may inform that, do we need to provide additional guidance in the spec?
14:54:51 [mjk]
mm: probably can leave it up to the consumer
14:55:26 [victor]
victor has joined #wot-td
14:56:40 [mjk]
dape: why doesn't the shape for interaction affordances have an order number?
14:58:16 [mjk]
victor: it is intended to allow any or none (?)
14:58:32 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 937
14:59:14 [mjk]
sk: why does securityDefinitions not appear in the ontology?
14:59:33 [mjk]
mm: it may be a mistake in the file
14:59:46 [mjk]
it could be incorrectly generated
15:00:49 [mjk]
s/it could/mm: it could
15:02:39 [kaz]
present+ Victor_Charpenay
15:03:24 [mjk]
victor: securityDefinitions is just a container, like definitions in JSON schemas
15:03:54 [kaz]
i|why does se|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937 PR 937 - WIP: swap securtiy and securityDefinition in context file|
15:03:59 [mjk]
... it's only a reference
15:04:06 [kaz]
s/subtopic: PR 937/subtopic: PR 937 (revisited)/
15:04:40 [mjk]
mm: there is confusion between the information model and the serialization
15:05:38 [victor]
https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#thing
15:06:57 [mjk]
mm: when converted to RDF, they are all flattened to the same RDF property
15:08:21 [mjk]
mm: for canonicalization, we need to preserve all of the nodes in the original document
15:08:49 [mjk]
... it's probaby easier to pass them through round trip rather than regenerate
15:09:22 [mjk]
victor: should the information model then be changed?
15:11:54 [mjk]
mm: there is the same issue with named dataschemas in additional responses
15:14:22 [mjk]
victor: what changes need to be made?
15:14:31 [mjk]
mm: start with the rendering
15:15:27 [mjk]
mm: we may want to change security to allow objects for names schemes
15:15:38 [mjk]
victor: it would align better with RDF
15:16:28 [mjk]
sk: this isn't critical for the specification
15:16:50 [mjk]
mm: it blocks progress due to the dataschema issue
15:18:33 [mjk]
victor: can provide a TD normalization script
15:18:46 [mjk]
mm: sounds similar to canonicalization
15:19:22 [mjk]
mm: we can discuss offline and track on the issue tracker
15:19:38 [mjk]
sk: should we involve JSON-LD people?
15:21:22 [mjk]
sk: it seems related to #1077
15:23:28 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1104 - Data schema issues
15:24:04 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1104 PR 1104 - Address multiple DataSchema issues
15:24:06 [mjk]
sk: adds a new term "default"
15:24:51 [mjk]
sk: adds a note on the "format" term being removed in future versions
15:26:24 [mjk]
ege: it has been replaced in JSON schema with a new vocabulary feature which we could continue to use
15:26:39 [McCool]
@dape that's what I did, not rendering. Trying "section" (that is what is done in architecture)
15:28:14 [mjk]
sk: also adds "pattern" term for constraints using regex
15:28:59 [Ege]
https://json-schema.org/understanding-json-schema/reference/regular_expressions.html
15:29:37 [mjk]
mm: use of regex should exclude script execution
15:30:57 [mjk]
mm: the JSON schema subset is reasonable
15:32:11 [mjk]
mm: maybe we could just use the regex subset definition text on the JSON schema website
15:33:30 [McCool]
mm: probably the solution is to copy that text into our spec, but we need to ask for permission to do so
15:34:43 [mjk]
sk: merge conflict...
15:36:43 [mjk]
... merged
15:37:25 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1085 - Add Validation
15:38:04 [mjk]
mm: added the editors note for no tags and changed the validation category names
15:38:30 [mjk]
sk: ready to merge?
15:39:31 [kaz]
i|added the|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1085 PR 1085|
15:39:47 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1113 tm:required and tm:ref
15:39:52 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:39:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
15:40:22 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1113 PR 1113
15:41:48 [mjk]
ege: implementation of this PR is in the script that generates the files
15:43:54 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1122 - terminology
15:44:16 [mjk]
sk: merge conflict resolved
15:46:38 [kaz]
i|merge con|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1122 PR 1122|
15:46:42 [mjk]
... merged
15:47:18 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1123 - tm namespace
15:47:41 [mjk]
sk: new tm namespace and ontology
15:48:34 [mjk]
... initially we have only three concepts but more will be added
15:49:12 [mjk]
... reviewing changes in the rendered document
15:51:34 [mjk]
sk: added a rule that extended definitions must be valid wrt the base definition
15:53:16 [mjk]
... merged
15:53:38 [mjk]
subtopic: PR 1124 - canonicalization
15:53:51 [mjk]
sk: adds some clarifications
15:53:57 [kaz]
i|new tm n|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1123 PR 1123|
15:54:05 [mjk]
mm: addressed some issues and bugs
15:54:09 [kaz]
i|adds some|-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1124 PR 1124|
15:55:00 [mjk]
sk: merge conflicts, mm will fix and merge
15:57:04 [mjk]
topic: Working draft review
15:57:24 [mjk]
sk: take the next 2 weeks to review this document for working draft publication
15:58:07 [mjk]
sk: still some remaining issues
15:58:28 [mjk]
mm: we are working on a signing section and have some proposals
15:58:46 [mjk]
PR #940
15:59:25 [mjk]
s/PR/issue
15:59:47 [mjk]
mm: will make a PR that we can comment on
15:59:58 [mjk]
sk: any other issues to look at?
16:01:24 [kaz]
s/issue #940/topic: Issue 940/
16:01:32 [kaz]
(none)
16:01:36 [kaz]
[adjourned]
16:01:40 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:01:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
17:05:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot-td