IRC log of webauthn on 2021-04-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:59:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webauthn
18:59:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/04/21-webauthn-irc
18:59:45 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
18:59:47 [Zakim]
Meeting: Web Authentication WG
19:00:15 [wseltzer]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webauthn/2021Apr/0089.html
19:02:05 [jfontana]
present+
19:03:17 [wseltzer]
present+
19:03:48 [elundberg]
elundberg has joined #webauthn
19:03:52 [elundberg]
present+
19:03:52 [jfontana]
Tony: TPAC 2021 set. Virtual.
19:04:03 [jfontana]
wendy: breakout and cross group meetings.
19:04:33 [jfontana]
...oct.
19:05:32 [wseltzer]
present+ agl, akshay, nadalin, elundberg, jeffh, johnbradley, matthewmiller, sbweeden, nsteele
19:05:47 [wseltzer]
present+
19:06:06 [matthewmill]
matthewmill has joined #webauthn
19:06:43 [jfontana]
tony: wendy, are we set for first proposed working draft. we are set to go.
19:07:30 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1594
19:07:34 [jfontana]
jeffH: signed off on this
19:07:54 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1593
19:08:00 [jfontana]
tony: wendy merge
19:10:03 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1595
19:11:19 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1595
19:11:32 [nsteele]
nsteele has joined #webauthn
19:11:39 [nsteele]
present+
19:11:48 [jfontana]
jeffH: think what they want is not good for FIDO, Web Authn
19:12:03 [jfontana]
agl: what about PR extension
19:12:35 [jfontana]
jeffH: depends on all the use cases, do they snowball out of control
19:12:54 [jfontana]
aksay: there are some use cases. we want raw signature.
19:13:16 [jfontana]
...I don't have a complete use case in my mind
19:13:23 [jfontana]
jbradley: not directly related.
19:13:48 [jfontana]
mmiller: want to use a key like for a lock box.
19:13:50 [wseltzer]
q+
19:14:23 [jfontana]
jeffH: we have cred blob to link this.
19:15:50 [jfontana]
agl: cred blob in in CTAP spec
19:16:03 [wseltzer]
q-
19:16:25 [wseltzer]
wseltzer: WebAppSec is considering putting webcrypto updates into charter scope
19:19:29 [jfontana]
jbradley: prf extension or some derivation seems like thing to do
19:22:49 [jfontana]
jeffH: do we want to go in the web crypto direction?
19:24:06 [jfontana]
akshay: CTAP 2 and 2.1 will have this extension.
19:24:27 [jfontana]
...I don't see web crypto being changed
19:25:11 [jfontana]
agl: i offer to write something on this bug
19:25:28 [jfontana]
tony: thank you.
19:25:38 [mmiller_]
mmiller_ has joined #webauthn
19:25:45 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1598
19:27:47 [jfontana]
elundberg: need to consider the output value
19:28:10 [wseltzer]
present+ Yuriy, Martin, Bill
19:28:11 [jfontana]
agl: this working says you can specify using null. might be a chrome bug
19:28:55 [jfontana]
jeffH: think this is webIDL funky-ness
19:29:32 [jfontana]
elundberg: to make it null the definition should be followed by question mark
19:29:46 [jfontana]
jeffH; yes.
19:29:55 [jfontana]
agl: the wording in the spec is wrong.
19:30:07 [jfontana]
elundberg: my understanding.
19:31:22 [jfontana]
agl: next week we can decide what the change is - web authn or chrome
19:33:40 [jfontana]
agl: this comes from 1536 was issues, 1537 was PR
19:43:22 [jfontana]
elundberg: clarify it may be null in response but not in the request
19:43:28 [jfontana]
...I can summarize in an Issue
19:44:53 [jfontana]
tony: reminder two weeks until next meeting - May 5
19:46:03 [wseltzer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:46:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/04/21-webauthn-minutes.html wseltzer
21:25:58 [dlongley]
dlongley has joined #webauthn