IRC log of webauthn on 2021-02-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:28:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webauthn
18:28:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/02/17-webauthn-irc
18:28:29 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
18:28:30 [Zakim]
Meeting: Web Authentication WG
18:28:34 [wseltzer]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webauthn/2021Feb/0097.html
19:53:16 [jfontana]
jfontana has joined #webauthn
19:56:21 [jfontana]
present+
19:57:35 [wseltzer]
present+
20:01:23 [elundberg]
elundberg has joined #webauthn
20:01:55 [selfissued]
selfissued has joined #webauthn
20:02:05 [selfissued]
present+
20:02:32 [jbarclay]
jbarclay has joined #webauthn
20:03:46 [wseltzer]
present+ agl, akshaykumar, davidturner, elundberg, jbarclay, jeffh, nadalin, matthewmiller, raerivera, sbweeden
20:03:55 [wseltzer]
present+ nsteele
20:06:26 [Matthew_Miller]
Matthew_Miller has joined #webauthn
20:06:44 [jfontana]
jeffH: two PRs left
20:07:33 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1558
20:07:36 [wseltzer]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1558/files
20:07:40 [jfontana]
tony: thoughts?
20:09:08 [jfontana]
akshay: #1558 we already do that
20:09:17 [jfontana]
jeffH: more icing on the cake is what this one does
20:09:28 [jfontana]
selfissue: time map issue. how is it donw.
20:09:38 [jfontana]
jeffH: it is chrome behavior
20:10:13 [jfontana]
agl: min and max permissable time
20:10:30 [jfontana]
elundberg: is mention in spec. 5.1.3
20:10:41 [jfontana]
selfissue: I will approved this. we should merge
20:11:28 [jfontana]
akshay: I have a question. should this be on RP side or client platform
20:11:33 [jfontana]
jeffh: i can update that
20:11:44 [jfontana]
selfissue: is that OK akshay?
20:12:10 [nsteele]
nsteele has joined #webauthn
20:12:17 [nsteele]
present+
20:12:37 [jfontana]
tony: akshay would you approve after changes?
20:12:44 [jfontana]
akshay: yes
20:12:51 [jfontana]
tony: emil any issues
20:13:02 [jfontana]
elundberg: I can look it over.
20:13:22 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1561
20:13:38 [jfontana]
jeffH: we need to clear an objection/suggestion
20:13:46 [jfontana]
...but otherwise ready to go.
20:14:35 [jfontana]
selfissue: can we get to rolf for his input
20:14:44 [jfontana]
jeffH: I will ping him
20:15:05 [jfontana]
tony: I don't think this is objectionable. I think fix is rather simple.
20:15:49 [jfontana]
agl: I think we can land this
20:16:02 [jfontana]
tony: I am good to have it merged if his only objection is the date
20:16:27 [jfontana]
JeffH: gvie him a day
20:16:51 [jfontana]
elundberg: I am reviewing now, I can finish
20:17:07 [jfontana]
tony: get these done, do the Diff and try to move to PR
20:17:30 [dwaite]
dwaite has joined #webauthn
20:17:35 [jfontana]
tony: we are not overriding his decision, it is making his requested change.
20:17:58 [jfontana]
...goal to get these closed today, merge, get Diff, finish submission.
20:18:10 [jfontana]
tony: other concerns wendy
20:18:41 [jfontana]
wendy: no. this shows we have addressed questions, review, etc. should be rountine.
20:19:03 [jfontana]
tony: anything else to talk about
20:19:44 [jfontana]
JeffH: we should punt #1555
20:20:14 [jfontana]
selfissue: I am reluctant to change instructuions as this date
20:20:58 [jfontana]
jeffH: I am saying, for L2, add short credential language
20:21:02 [jfontana]
selfissue: i agree
20:21:05 [jfontana]
agl: yes.
20:21:14 [jfontana]
jeffH: punt to L3
20:21:19 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1570
20:21:25 [jfontana]
agl: not for L2
20:21:56 [jfontana]
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1571
20:22:16 [jfontana]
tony: leave it open or close
20:22:20 [jfontana]
jeffH: close
20:22:50 [jfontana]
tony: that takes us through
20:23:14 [jfontana]
... what about #1556
20:23:29 [jfontana]
nickS: working on more insight on this. hesitant to keep this open
20:23:52 [jfontana]
jeffH: I got in touch with Rolf on #1561. he approved and merged.
20:23:59 [jfontana]
tony: so just one left.
20:24:15 [jfontana]
jeffH: i'll look at emil's suggestions after the call.
20:26:13 [wseltzer]
rrsagent, draft minutes
20:26:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/02/17-webauthn-minutes.html wseltzer
22:14:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webauthn
22:40:26 [pine127]
pine127 has joined #webauthn