IRC log of i18n on 2021-02-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:56:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/02/04-i18n-irc
14:56:08 [addison]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:56:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:56:14 [addison]
agendabot, find agenda
14:56:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:56:14 [trackbot]
Date: 04 February 2021
14:56:14 [agendabot]
addison, sorry, I don't know which mailing list is associated with this channel. Try "agendabot, help this is".
14:56:24 [addison]
agendabot, this is i18n
14:56:24 [agendabot]
addison, OK, using https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n/
14:56:37 [agendabot]
addison, if you say "agendabot, this is xyz", I will remember the mailing list "xyz" (or "public-xyz", "www-xyz", "member-xyz", "w3c-xyz" or "team-xyz" or "w3t-xyz", whichever I can find and read) and use it to search for agendas. You can also give the URL: "agendabot this is
14:56:37 [agendabot]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xyz/". Multiple lists is also possible. Just separate the names or URLs with commas or with the word "and".
14:56:50 [addison]
agendabot, this is member-i18n
14:56:50 [agendabot]
addison, I could not find (or not read) the archive for member-i18n.
14:57:10 [addison]
agendabot, this is member-i18n-core
14:57:10 [agendabot]
addison, OK, using https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/
14:57:16 [addison]
agendabot, find agenda
14:57:16 [agendabot]
addison, OK. This may take a minute...
14:57:16 [agendabot]
agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Feb/0000.html
14:57:16 [agendabot]
clear agenda
14:57:16 [agendabot]
agenda+ Agenda Review
14:57:16 [agendabot]
agenda+ Action Items
14:57:19 [agendabot]
agenda+ Info Share
14:57:21 [agendabot]
agenda+ RADAR Review
14:57:23 [agendabot]
agenda+ Charmod, String-Meta, and other doc work
14:57:24 [addison]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:57:26 [agendabot]
agenda+ AOB?
14:57:30 [addison]
scribenick: addison
14:57:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/02/04-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:59:57 [addison]
present+ Addison, Felix, Richard
15:00:07 [addison]
present+ Atsushi
15:03:23 [addison]
regrets+ Fuqiao
15:03:52 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:04:31 [addison]
agenda?
15:04:41 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:04:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:05:01 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:05:01 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- Action Items -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:05:09 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:05:11 [JcK]
present+ JcK
15:05:38 [addison]
action-989?
15:05:38 [trackbot]
action-989 -- Addison Phillips to Check tus and if necessary ping unicode folks about d145 normalization case fold ordering questions -- due 2021-01-21 -- OPEN
15:05:38 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/989
15:07:00 [addison]
action-991?
15:07:00 [trackbot]
action-991 -- Addison Phillips to Ping payment-request chairs to ask if it would be appropriate to do a fresh review based on our look into closing 251 and long time since last full review -- due 2021-02-04 -- OPEN
15:07:00 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/991
15:07:14 [addison]
close action-991
15:07:14 [trackbot]
Closed action-991.
15:07:39 [addison]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Feb/0002.html
15:08:28 [addison]
action-992?
15:08:28 [trackbot]
action-992 -- Atsushi Shimono to Close 8 items from email, adding comments from email to our issue and adding comment in matching issue in target wg's github iff needed -- due 2021-02-04 -- OPEN
15:08:28 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/992
15:08:34 [addison]
close action-992
15:08:34 [trackbot]
Closed action-992.
15:08:42 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:08:42 [Zakim]
agendum 3 -- Info Share -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:08:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/02/04-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:09:22 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/Internationalization_Initiative_Progress_report_Jan_2021
15:09:29 [addison]
richard: did a report on i18n language enablement initiative
15:09:33 [addison]
... here's a link
15:09:44 [addison]
... to a bunch of apple folks who are mostly the funders at the moment
15:09:54 [Bert]
present+
15:09:58 [addison]
richard: we had someone from monotype join the group
15:12:53 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:12:53 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- RADAR Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:12:54 [r12a]
ACTION: r12a to check out access to progress report
15:12:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-993 - Check out access to progress report [on Richard Ishida - due 2021-02-11].
15:13:00 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1
15:14:32 [addison]
action: richard: update automated welcome e-mail template
15:14:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-994 - Update automated welcome e-mail template [on Richard Ishida - due 2021-02-11].
15:15:13 [addison]
agenda?
15:16:33 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/blog/International/2021/02/04/6-gap-analysis-first-public-working-drafts-published/
15:16:45 [addison]
richard: just published 6 gap analysis documents
15:16:48 [addison]
... about an hour ago
15:16:56 [addison]
... as FPWD
15:17:25 [addison]
richard: some improvements in these, trying to spread to other docs
15:17:33 [addison]
... if create a new issue
15:17:45 [addison]
... the text users were previously left to own devices
15:17:54 [addison]
... now you get a template with sub-heads
15:18:04 [addison]
... specs, tests/results, browser bugs, priority
15:18:22 [addison]
... and some placeholder text in those so people will know sort of what to write
15:18:28 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/TR/latn-fr-gap/#vertical_text
15:18:32 [addison]
... so french document...
15:18:38 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/TR/latn-fr-gap/#quotations
15:20:02 [addison]
addison: underscore markdown...
15:21:51 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/Internationalization_Initiative_Progress_report_Jan_2021
15:27:18 [addison]
richard: fuqiao has been very helpful in raising bugs against the browsers
15:27:36 [addison]
action-993?
15:27:36 [trackbot]
action-993 -- Richard Ishida to Check out access to progress report -- due 2021-02-11 -- OPEN
15:27:36 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/993
15:27:39 [addison]
close action-993
15:27:39 [trackbot]
Closed action-993.
15:29:06 [addison]
agenda?
15:29:14 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:29:14 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- AOB? -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:33:34 [stpeter]
stpeter has joined #i18n
15:38:04 [r12a]
https://github.com/WICG/open-ui/issues/258
15:44:35 [r12a]
"Arabic script has its own number separators, which are used in Arabic language text when the non-European digits are used. They are ٫ [U+066B ARABIC DECIMAL SEPARATOR] and ٬ [U+066C ARABIC THOUSANDS SEPARATOR]."
15:45:08 [r12a]
https://r12a.github.io/scripts/arabic/#numbers
15:47:11 [r12a]
Specifying changes to parameters for fallback fonts https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/126
15:51:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/02/04-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:51:14 [addison]
zakim, who is here?
15:51:14 [Zakim]
Present: Addison, Felix, Richard, Atsushi, JcK, Bert
15:51:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see stpeter, JcK, RRSAgent, Zakim, addison, fsasaki, r12a, atsushi, astearns, hadleybeeman, bigbluehat, hsivonen, agendabot, Bert, florian, cwilso, sangwhan, cbiesinger,
15:51:16 [Zakim]
... koji, Mek, trackbot
15:51:23 [addison]
zakim, bye
15:51:23 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Addison, Felix, Richard, Atsushi, JcK, Bert
15:51:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:29:40 [stpeter]
stpeter has joined #i18n