IRC log of i18n on 2021-01-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:32:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:32:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-irc
14:32:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:32:45 [addison]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:32:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:32:51 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:32:51 [trackbot]
Date: 21 January 2021
14:33:13 [addison]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Jan/0004.html
14:33:14 [agendabot]
clear agenda
14:33:14 [agendabot]
agenda+ Agenda Review
14:33:14 [agendabot]
agenda+ Action Items
14:33:14 [agendabot]
agenda+ Info Share
14:33:14 [agendabot]
agenda+ RADAR Review
14:33:16 [agendabot]
agenda+ Charmod case folding, et al
14:33:18 [agendabot]
agenda+ AOB?
14:33:35 [addison]
Regrets: Fuqiao, Felix
14:33:41 [addison]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:33:45 [addison]
scribenick: addison
14:33:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:57:06 [addison]
present+
15:00:41 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:00:58 [addison]
present+ David, Atsushi, Bert, Richard
15:02:01 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:03:26 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:03:26 [Zakim]
agendum 1 -- Agenda Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:03:28 [addison]
agenda?
15:04:21 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:04:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2 -- Action Items -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:04:32 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:05:15 [addison]
action-985?
15:05:15 [trackbot]
action-985 -- Richard Ishida to Study css 3775 for future action -- due 2020-12-17 -- OPEN
15:05:15 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/985
15:05:28 [addison]
close action-985
15:05:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-985.
15:05:37 [addison]
richard: close 3775
15:06:04 [addison]
action-986?
15:06:04 [trackbot]
action-986 -- Addison Phillips to File an issue on miniapp manifest about i18n architecture -- due 2021-01-14 -- OPEN
15:06:04 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/986
15:06:11 [addison]
close action-986
15:06:11 [trackbot]
Closed action-986.
15:07:14 [addison]
action-987?
15:07:14 [trackbot]
action-987 -- Fuqiao Xue to Ping miniapp editors to origanize call if needed -- due 2021-01-14 -- OPEN
15:07:14 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/987
15:07:19 [addison]
close action-987
15:07:19 [trackbot]
Closed action-987.
15:08:07 [addison]
action-988?
15:08:07 [trackbot]
action-988 -- Addison Phillips to Update comment on appmanifest 920 mentioning the abnf problems -- due 2021-01-14 -- OPEN
15:08:07 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/988
15:08:10 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/101
15:08:15 [addison]
close action-988
15:08:15 [trackbot]
Closed action-988.
15:08:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:09:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:09:30 [addison]
Bert: agendabot works again!
15:09:56 [addison]
richard: two pieces of info
15:10:19 [addison]
... exploring at request of ralph and others that we find a way to use w3.org urls for all docs
15:10:27 [addison]
... including those that are only in github
15:10:42 [addison]
... means creating proxies that point to "places that don't exist"
15:11:07 [addison]
... as part of the solution will do reorg, such as creating site-map page
15:11:39 [addison]
richard: had some problems publishing arabic gap analysis doc
15:11:53 [addison]
... when pubing with echidna, it builds doc and then publishes
15:12:17 [addison]
... but github content wasn't making the timeout
15:12:24 [addison]
... fixed for now
15:12:40 [addison]
... realized that a bunch of other docs need publishing as EDs
15:12:47 [addison]
... such as Adlam
15:13:00 [addison]
... some as FPWD e.g. French, Hebrew, etc.
15:13:08 [addison]
... some have got ahead of TR
15:13:23 [addison]
... telling you because propose FPWD
15:13:31 [addison]
... will send email in week
15:15:08 [r12a]
https://w3c.github.io/alreq/gap-analysis/
15:16:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:17:32 [addison]
David: webhooks from github to trigger it?
15:19:28 [addison]
agenda?
15:19:38 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:19:38 [Zakim]
agendum 4 -- RADAR Review -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:19:47 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1
15:22:12 [addison]
richard: spoke to two groups
15:22:15 [addison]
... one was EFF
15:22:39 [addison]
... small group thinking about raising issues related to the rights of rtl users
15:22:47 [addison]
... not as easy to use as ltr
15:23:07 [addison]
... they claimed unicode and css didn't support?
15:23:14 [addison]
... went to their meeting, will try to help them
15:23:23 [addison]
... perhaps quite useful
15:23:42 [addison]
... we talk to folks from middle east and they don't believe they can change the world
15:23:54 [addison]
... having soeone say "it's a right" might be helpful pressure
15:24:24 [addison]
richard: other group I met was IEEE in India
15:24:38 [addison]
... they have a group putting together a list of standards related to i18n
15:24:47 [addison]
... heavily web biased, but not just web
15:24:57 [addison]
... transactions, speech, lang tech
15:25:07 [addison]
... some is similar to gap analysis work
15:25:15 [addison]
... attended a meeting last year as well
15:25:27 [addison]
... see what comes! perhaps kick start indic again
15:27:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:28:20 [addison]
agenda?
15:28:39 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending
15:29:00 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/996
15:32:43 [addison]
Bert to update comment
15:32:44 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1006
15:41:13 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:41:28 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Aneeds-attention
15:44:39 [addison]
action: atsushi: review "needs-attention" issues marked "close?" and close as appropriate
15:44:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-990 - Review "needs-attention" issues marked "close?" and close as appropriate [on Atsushi Shimono - due 2021-01-28].
15:44:56 [addison]
agenda?
15:45:42 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:45:42 [Zakim]
agendum 6 -- AOB? -- taken up [from agendabot]
15:45:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:48:19 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been addison, David, Atsushi, Bert, Richard
15:48:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
15:48:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:56:37 [stpeter]
stpeter has joined #i18n