IRC log of dxwgdcat on 2021-01-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:46:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dxwgdcat
20:46:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-irc
20:46:34 [riccardoAlbertoni]
present+
20:46:45 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:46:52 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
20:46:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html riccardoAlbertoni
20:47:13 [riccardoAlbertoni]
zakim, start meeting
20:47:13 [Zakim]
RRSAgent, make logs Public
20:47:14 [Zakim]
please title this meeting ("meeting: ..."), riccardoAlbertoni
20:47:40 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
20:47:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html riccardoAlbertoni
20:48:20 [riccardoAlbertoni]
meeting: DXWG DCAT subgroup teleconference
20:48:33 [riccardoAlbertoni]
trackbot, start meeting
20:48:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:48:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Dataset Exchange Working Group Teleconference
20:48:39 [trackbot]
Date: 20 January 2021
20:49:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
20:49:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html riccardoAlbertoni
20:59:07 [PWinstanley]
PWinstanley has joined #dxwgdcat
20:59:16 [PWinstanley]
present+
21:01:58 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego has joined #dxwgdcat
21:02:27 [Makx_]
Makx_ has joined #dxwgdcat
21:02:54 [Makx_]
present+ Makx
21:07:51 [AndreaPerego]
trackbot, start meeting
21:07:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
21:07:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: Dataset Exchange Working Group Teleconference
21:07:57 [trackbot]
Date: 20 January 2021
21:08:04 [riccardoAlbertoni]
Chair: RiccardoAlbertoni
21:08:07 [riccardoAlbertoni]
present+
21:08:10 [AndreaPerego]
meeting: DXWG DCAT subgroup call
21:08:30 [AndreaPerego]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2021.01.20
21:08:33 [AndreaPerego]
present+
21:08:45 [AndreaPerego]
topic: approve last meeting minutes
21:08:46 [riccardoAlbertoni]
PROPOSED: approve last meeting minutes https://www.w3.org/2020/11/11-dxwgdcat-minutes
21:08:54 [Makx_]
0
21:09:07 [AndreaPerego]
+1
21:09:18 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, make logs world
21:09:22 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1
21:09:40 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RESOLVED: approve last meeting minutes https://www.w3.org/2020/11/11-dxwgdcat-minutes
21:09:43 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:09:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:09:57 [AndreaPerego]
topic: approving agenda
21:09:59 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2021.01.20
21:10:07 [AndreaPerego]
Fine with me
21:10:41 [AndreaPerego]
s/Fine with me/AndreaPerego: Fine with me/
21:10:43 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/projects/17
21:10:54 [AndreaPerego]
topic: open issue on gh
21:11:00 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:11:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:11:40 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Issues have been grouped for being reviewed by topic.
21:11:51 [AndreaPerego]
... We have a lot of stale issues.
21:12:37 [AndreaPerego]
... Anyway, when closing issues, especially those concerning requirements, we should make a statement there.
21:13:10 [AndreaPerego]
... Should we start with them?
21:13:22 [AndreaPerego]
[silence]
21:13:34 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/82 Reference system [RRS]
21:13:38 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Let's stat then with them.
21:13:54 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat-2/#ex-dataset-crs
21:14:19 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: For #82, the requirements should have been addressed in DCAT2 by providing an example of how to specify a CRS.
21:14:30 [riccardoAlbertoni]
PROPOSED: close https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/82
21:14:34 [Makx_]
+1
21:14:36 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1
21:14:45 [AndreaPerego]
+1
21:14:59 [PWinstanley]
+1
21:14:59 [riccardoAlbertoni]
resolved: close https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/82
21:15:17 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/70 Publication control [RPC]
21:15:21 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Let's look at #70.
21:16:07 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/#license-rights
21:16:19 [AndreaPerego]
... We do have in DCAT2 a section on licenses and rights.
21:17:25 [AndreaPerego]
... Either we keep things as they are, or we state that the same rules apply to dcat:CatalogRecord's
21:18:24 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: I don't see in that section about the type of resources a license applies to.
21:19:08 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: It is implictly related to subclasses of dcat:Resource, which a dcat:CatalogRecord is not.
21:20:17 [AndreaPerego]
... It is however true that we have not specified the properties for all classes, and since we are in OWA one can use rights on any resource.
21:20:27 [AndreaPerego]
q+
21:20:39 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack AndreaPerego
21:23:06 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+q
21:23:07 [Makx_]
+1 to keep things as they are
21:24:00 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: I would keep things as they are. It was a requirement about IPR on metadata produced by private companies, and we didn't have any additional input along those lines.
21:24:19 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: So we can just repeat what we said here.
21:24:25 [AndreaPerego]
... Any objections.
21:24:35 [Makx_]
no objection
21:24:40 [PWinstanley]
none from me
21:24:57 [AndreaPerego]
s/Any objections./Any objections?/
21:25:25 [riccardoAlbertoni]
propose: Reply to the issue explaining the open word assumpion and how to address the specific requirement without changing the document
21:25:37 [Makx_]
+
21:25:38 [AndreaPerego]
+1
21:25:39 [Makx_]
+1
21:26:04 [riccardoAlbertoni]
s/propose/proposed
21:26:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1
21:26:22 [riccardoAlbertoni]
resolved: Reply to the issue explaining the open word assumpion and how to address the specific requirement without changing the document
21:26:34 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:26:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:26:40 [riccardoAlbertoni]
q?
21:26:47 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack riccardoAlbertoni
21:27:01 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Next one...
21:27:01 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1287 digest for DCAT distribution
21:27:15 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: This is quite recent.
21:27:45 [AndreaPerego]
... There is a solution in DCAT-AP using spdx:checksum.
21:28:53 [AndreaPerego]
... My question is whether SPDX is stable enough to be included into a W3C Recommendation.
21:28:58 [AndreaPerego]
... WDYT?
21:29:11 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: Not sure on how much is stable.
21:29:41 [AndreaPerego]
... One of the issues raised is that there's only one way of expressing it.
21:30:28 [AndreaPerego]
... I think we should first check whether this solution is flexible enough.
21:30:29 [AndreaPerego]
q+
21:30:45 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack AndreaPerego
21:31:08 [Makx_]
Look at https://spdx.org/rdf/terms/#d4e1968
21:33:00 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: There was an issue about the support of only one hash algorithm, but the current version of SPDX supports more.
21:35:18 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: We need anyway to add some notes of use to make it clear when and for which use cases it can be used.
21:37:04 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Maybe we can start with a PR, and then work on that. Or we go on discussing on GH.
21:37:12 [AndreaPerego]
... WDYT?
21:37:36 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: I would propose to go on working on GH.
21:37:37 [Makx_]
ok
21:37:45 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Any other comments?
21:37:56 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Next one...
21:38:14 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/87 https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/88
21:38:17 [AndreaPerego]
s/Next one/Next ones/
21:38:28 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:38:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:38:59 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: About relationships with other vocs, not sure mapping with VoID is necessary.
21:39:17 [AndreaPerego]
... But in GH people are raising some questions on this.
21:39:39 [AndreaPerego]
... Should we elaborate more on this?
21:40:40 [AndreaPerego]
... We said that DCAT, VoID, QB can be used in a complementary way, we have DataID as an example.
21:40:49 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: I would just close it.
21:40:54 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: Agreed.
21:40:59 [Makx_]
No further elaboration
21:41:28 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: My concern is that in #88 there was quite a long discussion on this.
21:41:57 [AndreaPerego]
... Some people were asking clarifications.
21:42:22 [AndreaPerego]
... After all, I agree we can close, at least the part about the mapping.
21:42:48 [AndreaPerego]
... On the other side, the comments were coming from people actually using DCAT.
21:42:54 [AndreaPerego]
q+
21:43:36 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack AndreaPerego
21:45:34 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: I don't think we have enough evidence and use cases to understand how to link DCAT with VoID and QB.
21:47:02 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: I actually don't think it is possible to standardise this link.
21:48:06 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: This is also what Bert was saying. And you also may need link DCAT from VoID.
21:48:27 [AndreaPerego]
... And not having use cases, we cannot provide a safe solution.
21:48:38 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:48:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:48:47 [riccardoAlbertoni]
proposed: Closing the issues as we do not have enough use cases grouding a solution
21:49:35 [riccardoAlbertoni]
roposed: Closing the issues as we do not have enough use cases for grouding a solution
21:50:14 [PWinstanley]
+1
21:50:17 [AndreaPerego]
+1
21:50:25 [Makx_]
+1
21:50:28 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1
21:50:35 [AndreaPerego]
s/roposed: Closing the issues as we do not have enough use cases for grouding a solution//
21:50:42 [AndreaPerego]
s/grouding/grounding/
21:51:00 [Makx_]
+1
21:51:18 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:51:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:51:41 [AndreaPerego]
resolution: Closing the issues as we do not have enough use cases grounding a solution
21:51:43 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:51:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:52:08 [AndreaPerego]
s/resolution/resolved/
21:52:16 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:52:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:53:13 [AndreaPerego]
topic: outstanding actions
21:53:19 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:53:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
21:53:28 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/open
21:54:43 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: About https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/417 , do you have anything, PWinstanley?
21:55:35 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: I suggest we keep it, and collect the presentations we made to start a draft for the primer.
21:55:52 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: Should we have then a document linking to training material?
21:56:03 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: Yes, plus some narrative.
21:56:35 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: There is also a collection of resources I created, but I don't remember where it is.
21:56:41 [riccardoAlbertoni]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/wiki/DCAT-presentations-and-external-materials
21:56:52 [AndreaPerego]
... Here ^^ !
21:57:22 [AndreaPerego]
... Anyone can add links to their presentations etc.
21:57:50 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: Let's start this in April, when we have finished with the dissemination activities.
21:58:48 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: About https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/434 , do you have anything AndreaPerego?
21:59:08 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: It's a work item for the next drafts.
21:59:30 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: This maybe relates to some feedback on versioning etc.
22:03:48 [PWinstanley]
q+
22:04:34 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack PWinstanley
22:05:19 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: The action is about 2 aspects: providing more example and provide the mappings between unqualified and qualified relationships.
22:05:43 [AndreaPerego]
... About the examples, we need to decide the use cases we would like to use as a basis for the examples.
22:06:41 [AndreaPerego]
... About the mapping, we need to present them properly, as qualified relationships may rely on community-specific vocabularies (e.g., for roles) that would not ensure interoperability across communities and domains.
22:07:12 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: Why not considering the use of RDF*, or property graphs, instead of PROV?
22:07:46 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: So, should we keep the action, or make it an issue?
22:07:47 [AndreaPerego]
q+
22:08:38 [Makx_]
+1 to consider later
22:08:52 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: I think this maps to more that one issue, so I would keep it as an action, and decide which issues we should create in future meetings.
22:08:59 [AndreaPerego]
q+
22:09:02 [riccardoAlbertoni]
ack
22:09:05 [Makx_]
nothing from me
22:10:20 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego: Maybe, it would be worth knowing how much effort each of us can put in DCAT in the next few months, and decide what we can actually do for the next drafts.
22:13:54 [AndreaPerego]
Makx_: An option is to set a date, and see what we can do.
22:14:09 [AndreaPerego]
PWinstanley: There is also the DCAT paper to be finalised and submitted.
22:17:28 [AndreaPerego]
riccardoAlbertoni: Let's meet in 2 weeks.
22:17:30 [riccardoAlbertoni]
meeting adjourned
22:17:51 [riccardoAlbertoni]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:17:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html riccardoAlbertoni
22:19:55 [AndreaPerego]
s/meeting adjourned//
22:20:01 [AndreaPerego]
[meeting adjourned]
22:20:14 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:20:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego
22:24:49 [AndreaPerego]
s/Makx_/Makx/g
22:24:50 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:24:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-dxwgdcat-minutes.html AndreaPerego