Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

11 Nov 2020


janina, paul_grenier, Joshue108, becky, Gottfried, JPaton_, amy_c, MichaelC
paul_grenier, becky


<janina> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 11 November 2020

<janina> date: 11-nov-2020

<janina> meeting: APA Teleconference

<paul_grenier> scribe: paul_grenier

Agenda Review & Announcements (including any additional TPAC feedback)

janina: review expected meeting dates for the rest of the year
... we will meet next week but the following week 2020-11-25 will be hard to get US participation. Then we begin again on 2020-12-02.
... then we will skip the 23rd and 30th of Dec.
... any followup or discussion from TPAC?

 APA Rechartering and patent policy - https://www.w3.org/wiki/Process2020#Integration_with_Patent_Policy

janina: we have an edited draft of a charter that scopes our work in more general terms, we need review, we're looking to recharter soon because all groups need to make a decision about moving to the new patent disclosure policy
... you may want to review the policy link (above) for any changes and raise any objections before we recharter
... rechartering before the next year means we won't need to recharter again to accept the new patent policy

MichaelC: rechartering will cause everyone to be removed from the group and readded.

<janina> My headset has stopped connecting to my Mac. I've tried twice. Please continue--I have to get my cell

we're paused :)

Becky: the takeaway is that we will all need to accept the new patent policy to remain in the group

Task Force Updates

becky: personalization is making updates and closing issues making progress toward CR

<becky> scribe: becky

pronunciation is struggling to make quorum, hopefully deciding at next meeting to more forward to CR with attribute model using data-; having trouble getting industry participication

<paul_grenier> josh: I missed last week and we canceled today, so no updates.

 ARIA 1.2 A11y review request - https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Nov/0005.html

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: aria 1.2 is approaching CR and needs horizontal review

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: APA is the horizontal review group, so this is an official review request.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: APA can either agree to the review (90 days) or not.

<paul_grenier> becky: we can check with janina, but without objections we don't need to review.

<paul_grenier> janina: that's ok, no need to review.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22%22

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there is one new charter for a web and network interest group

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/web-networks-charter/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there's a liaison statement to APA. I'm inclined to sign off.

<paul_grenier> janina: confirmed.

<paul_grenier> becky: confirmed.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there was one new one

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/htr/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: it's a note without review related to payments and describes how things relate

<paul_grenier> janina: I want to take a look at this

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review How EMVCo, FIDO, and W3C Technologies Relate https://www.w3.org/TR/htr/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2266 - Review how emvco, fido, and w3c technologies relate https://www.w3.org/tr/htr/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2020-11-18].

<paul_grenier> josh: i'm interested as well and will work with janina

<MichaelC> action-2266: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/How_EMVCo,_FIDO,_and_W3C_Technologies_Relate

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2266 Review how emvco, fido, and w3c technologies relate https://www.w3.org/tr/htr/.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: CSS box-sizing

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: issues include content stretching or clipping

<paul_grenier> amy: i reviewed boxmodel v3 but I haven't reviewed this

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: we should escalate the review priority

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-sizing-4/

<MichaelC> https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-api/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: review request from June was not followed up

<paul_grenier> josh: I'll talk to nicolo and have a look

<paul_grenier> josh: he's our maps expert in RQTF

<Joshue108> /me Nicolò Carpignoli

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: language tags and locales, janina is a reviewer

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/wake-lock/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: we declined to review in 2016, we have another request to review, do we want to respond again with no comment?

<paul_grenier> janina: does anyone have an opinion?

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/PFE-evaluation/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: note without a prior draft, I don't think it has any accessibility impacts

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/baggage/

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: first public working draft (Oct)

<paul_grenier> janina: I don't see an issue with accessibility

<paul_grenier> becky: more of a security/privacy issue than accessibility

CSS Checkin (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

<paul_grenier> amy: I have a list

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/14

<paul_grenier> amy: this one says see personalization and coga docs and it leads to apa meeting minutes but it's not clear of the issue

<paul_grenier> Gottfried: the wiki I set up with media queries 5 address this

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/15

<paul_grenier> amy: this was a review of the CSS logical properties level 1. I had reviewed it and found no issues but it wasn't closed.

<paul_grenier> janina: I think we can go ahead and close it.

<paul_grenier> amy: my next question: shutting down the CSS accessibility task force and CSS WG puts out their own requests for review, do I just make a comment on their ticket?

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there should be something in our dashboard but I'm not seeing anything there.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: when they close the issue it will appear in the dashboard.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: I suggest, if it's an issue, put a comment in it. If it's an email, reply on list.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: horizontal review procedures are being worked on. Right now we have a tracker using labels. Specific issues come to our attention that way. There's a review request process in the works so we'll have to determine if that fits all of our needs when that comes.

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: you can review the dashboard but we don't have a great way for you track your todos. You can use the a11y-tracker label. Or subscribe yourself to the issue.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

Horizontal Review Issues Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there are 6 issues from webxr

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: we should go through them.

<paul_grenier> becky: it did go through the accessibility checklist

<paul_grenier> josh: I'll look through these and bring them to RQTF

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5594

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: there's an issue in mediaqueries

<paul_grenier> MichaelC: do we want to track this?

<paul_grenier> janina: we'll keep tracking

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review How EMVCo, FIDO, and W3C Technologies Relate https://www.w3.org/TR/htr/

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/11/11 17:55:32 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina paul_grenier Joshue108 becky Gottfried JPaton_ amy_c MichaelC
Regrets: Matthew
Found Scribe: paul_grenier
Inferring ScribeNick: paul_grenier
Found Scribe: becky
Inferring ScribeNick: becky
Scribes: paul_grenier, becky
ScribeNicks: paul_grenier, becky
Found Date: 11 Nov 2020
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]