Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

12 Aug 2020


nicolocarp, JF, MichaelC, becky, janina, Irfan_, NeilS, JPaton, Gottfried, Joshue108_


<becky> regrets, Matthew Atkinson

present Irfan_Ali

<scribe> scribe: Irfan_Ali

Agenda Review & Announcements

jf: moving to canada.

going away for 8 weeks.

 APA Rechartering Begins - https://www.w3.org/2018/08/apa-charter

bbecky- haven't done anything since we are busy for TPAC.

 Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning - https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020

becky: Janina and I are reaching to different groups. emersive web and silver are interested in meeting.

janina: we are doing very well so far

becky: HTML working group is not sure about meetings
... internationalization and css reached out to us for meeting.
... we will have list of groups by tomorrow and will continue work on schedule

janina: media resource group is interested as well.

Task Force Updates

becky: personalization TF did not meet this week.

janina: talking about timeline in pronunciation TF. we did talk about bridging activities for a11y API

need to figure out what do we need to do in-regards to fill the gaps

we do need a another meeting to have a browser conversation. Jamie Teh from Mozilla suggested, it is helpful to have another meeting before the conclusion.

<Zakim> interaccess, you wanted to ask about Nicolós Maps workshop presentation a la RQTF and to ask about Nicolós Maps workshop presentation a la RQTF

josh: should ve we be submitting a position statement or workshop presentation for maps.

janina: we may want to support specific attribute. we probably need to do something based upon the information on master page.

nicolo: idea is to present atleast usecases, user needs and requirements. not sure if it is good position for statement.

janina: presentation makes more sense to get other people who are custom to a11y

we can answer the questions to the people who may have any questions.

janina: I am inclined for presentation

FAST Progress Josh

josh: it is still priority for us. there has been lot of other things at the moment. hoping for sep to wrap it up.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lab

Horizontal Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

mc: there are two issues that are waiting for us to confirm so that they can be closed.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

mc: only thing is requirements for Japanse layout like all other internationalization requirements

CSS Checkin (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

amy: two things.. 1)Review CSS Transforms Module Level 2

<becky> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/6

question is, I dont see any review and comments if there is any concern.

mc: Lisa and Ian posted their comments
... don't know whether its been done or not. I'd say, we need to figure out how it should be communicated.

amy: FF is the only one browser that supports it.

mc: next step is putting it to agenda for TPAC discussion with css

<becky> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-counter-styles-3/

janina: not sure is ARIA is interested in this task

becky: worth to bring it up before css working group at TPAC

janina: issue is can we find your location without going to the document. It is level thing. Its not h1, he kind of level

jf: when you start using the identifier, how are you going to convey. I can see how t is going to have negative impact.

amy: to change the custom list style, CSS has some kind of speak-as property that will help SR to read as it needs to be read.

janina: we have enough to talk about it during TPAC.

becky: we can provdie an agenda to give headsup

amy: we will review this ticket
... https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/9

this TF was asked to review the a11y problems. dont know if CSS has made much progress on it.

janina: have no specific recollection on this.

<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2122

<becky> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-rhythm/

amy: it is worth to review

becky: no specific action from us other than bring it up to css

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

janina: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2263

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Aug/0002.html


<becky> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

becky: this was about content protection

Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly request

there are 26 open issues on this topic

have updated action items

<Gottfried> action-2239?

<trackbot> action-2239 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review media queries level 5, https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-5/ -- due 2020-03-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2239

gottfried: I think we closed it. this is preliminary working draft and have time to discuss on it.

<Gottfried> Wiki page: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_features_use_cases_for_personalization

it is also in the action items. linked both ways

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-rev

mc: there is no activity on the issues that we have filled or tracking

becky: I have no updates on community.

Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Other Business

becky: continue to track the progress for tpac.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/08/12 16:55:02 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/bekcy/becky/
Succeeded: s/bekcy/becky/
Succeeded: s/did/did not/
Present: nicolocarp JF MichaelC becky janina Irfan_ NeilS JPaton Gottfried Joshue108_
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Irfan_
Found Scribe: Irfan_Ali
Found Date: 12 Aug 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]