IRC log of dxwg on 2020-01-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:46:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dxwg
20:46:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to
20:46:26 [PWinstanley]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:46:39 [PWinstanley]
chair: PWinstanley
20:47:07 [PWinstanley]
20:47:14 [PWinstanley]
meeting: DXWG Plenary
20:47:33 [PWinstanley]
regrets+ Makx, Alejandra
20:47:49 [PWinstanley]
rrsagent, create minutes v2
20:47:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PWinstanley
20:47:57 [PWinstanley]
21:00:47 [roba]
roba has joined #dxwg
21:02:37 [riccardoAlbertoni]
riccardoAlbertoni has joined #dxwg
21:02:54 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:03:14 [roba]
21:03:40 [Ana]
Ana has joined #DXWG
21:04:29 [Ana]
Present+ Ana
21:05:36 [plh]
plh has joined #dxwg
21:05:40 [plh]
21:05:52 [roba]
scribenick: roba
21:07:29 [PWinstanley]
topic: admin
21:07:39 [PWinstanley]
21:07:52 [roba]
Proposed: accept minutes of last meeting'
21:07:58 [PWinstanley]
21:07:58 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:08:11 [roba]
21:08:14 [Ana]
21:08:15 [Ana]
21:08:34 [roba]
resolved: accept minutes of last meeting
21:08:47 [roba]
topic: DCAT 3 items
21:08:49 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:08:58 [PWinstanley]
ack riccardoAlbertoni
21:09:11 [PWinstanley]
topic: DCAT2 publication
21:09:38 [roba]
riccardoAlbertoni: two reminders for @plh re content negotiation
21:09:42 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:10:55 [roba]
plh: issues assigned to myself to solve - can fix later if need be
21:11:44 [roba]
riccardoAlbertoni: #1182 is due for closing
21:13:14 [roba]
... discussion open about how to support (couldnt catch...) DCAT is ready
21:13:41 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego has joined #dxwg
21:14:20 [AndreaPerego]
21:14:31 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:14:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
21:15:33 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:15:36 [roba]
...discussion about handling errata documents
21:16:14 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:16:55 [roba]
plh: should i change status and publish as is ?
21:17:31 [roba]
riccardoAlbertoni: yes - but open issues like we dont know where the RDF turtle will be
21:18:03 [roba]
plh: suggest move not to status of document
21:18:13 [roba]
21:18:24 [roba]
... did you run pubrules?
21:18:28 [AndreaPerego]
q+ to ask about issue posted in
21:18:42 [PWinstanley]
ack AndreaPerego
21:18:42 [Zakim]
AndreaPerego, you wanted to ask about issue posted in
21:19:01 [roba]
riccardoAlbertoni: discussion was to leave as note, but open to suggestions... have not run pubrules
21:19:13 [roba]
plh: will run rules by end of week
21:20:04 [roba]
AndreaPerego: new version of DCterms has been published: yet to review - should we put in some caveat?
21:20:52 [roba]
PWinstanley: why not push to v3? - DCterms previous version still valid
21:21:24 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1 to put it in version 3
21:21:32 [roba]
...otherwise need to do everything in 2 days, including pub rules
21:21:46 [roba]
... safe enough in your opinion?
21:21:54 [alejandra]
alejandra has joined #dxwg
21:22:35 [alejandra]
21:22:41 [roba]
AndreaPerego: option is to modify references to point to previous version - we are using references to the current version
21:23:33 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:23:42 [roba]
...I can do a PR to replace link - we can decide it to merge it
21:24:10 [roba]
ACTION: AndreaPerego to draft a PR with links to specific version of DC terms
21:24:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-389 - Draft a pr with links to specific version of dc terms [on Andrea Perego - due 2020-02-04].
21:24:14 [AndreaPerego]
21:24:18 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:24:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
21:24:41 [roba]
roba: will there be an issue with the TTL files?
21:24:57 [AndreaPerego]
21:25:02 [PWinstanley]
ack AndreaPerego
21:25:15 [roba]
PWinstanley: should be handled in PR
21:26:12 [plh]
21:26:20 [PWinstanley]
ack plh
21:26:20 [roba]
AndreaPerego: probably dont have time to review, Dcterms defintions are not complex though
21:27:06 [roba]
plh: my recommendation is not to do anything - if there is an issue deal with it in V3 or in errata
21:27:09 [AndreaPerego]
21:27:30 [PWinstanley]
ack AndreaPerego
21:27:55 [roba]
AndreaPerego: happy to move to v3
21:28:44 [roba]
propose: close new action-389 and create issue for this
21:28:49 [PWinstanley]
21:28:53 [riccardoAlbertoni]
21:28:53 [roba]
21:28:54 [Ana]
21:28:54 [AndreaPerego]
21:28:58 [plh]
21:29:05 [alejandra]
21:29:13 [roba]
resolved: close new action-389 and create issue for this
21:29:33 [AndreaPerego]
close action-389
21:29:33 [trackbot]
Closed action-389.
21:29:40 [roba]
plh: what about the blog?
21:29:59 [alejandra]
regrets- alejandra
21:30:00 [roba]
PWinstanley: will have a draft put round by end of the week
21:30:07 [alejandra]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:30:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate alejandra
21:30:32 [roba]
ACTION: PWinstanley to draft blog post for DCAT2
21:30:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-390 - Draft blog post for dcat2 [on Peter Winstanley - due 2020-02-04].
21:32:11 [roba]
PWinstanley: we have a spreadsheet with contacts - need to send emails to this contact list and ask for implementations and errata
21:32:28 [roba]
...please email your contacts
21:33:05 [alejandra]
I think this is the spreadsheet:
21:33:19 [alejandra]
21:33:23 [roba]
... to do after blog.
21:33:32 [roba]
topic: Conneg
21:34:47 [PWinstanley]
roba: I talked to nick yesterday - I don't know that there's anything we are waiting for re: publication, but I am actively working on implementation and test suites
21:35:25 [annette_g]
annette_g has joined #dxwg
21:35:42 [roba]
plh: next step is to move to CR
21:35:56 [PWinstanley]
... I am preparing implementations on both QSA and also headers. There are challenges in making tests on these implementations comparible
21:36:16 [roba]
roba: prefer to get implementations deployed before moving to CR
21:36:26 [annette_g]
21:36:29 [alejandra]
created new worksheet on spreadsheet for DCAT2 REC publicity:
21:36:46 [roba]
PWinstanley: any other comments on conneg?
21:36:54 [roba]
topic: DCAT version 3
21:37:08 [roba]
PWinstanley: how are we going to work out what v3 will cover
21:37:54 [roba]
...we are probably not representative for this discussion
21:37:56 [AndreaPerego]
GH issue about DCTERMS new version just created:
21:38:01 [roba]
...should we split repo
21:38:04 [roba]
21:38:08 [PWinstanley]
ack roba
21:39:48 [PWinstanley]
roba: I would definitely like to see the repo split. It is a good opportunity to make more visible the issues relating to the work of the specific deliverable. There is also mention in v2 saying that aspects of DCAT 2 would be handled by the profile. We need to incorporate this thinking more explicitly
21:40:29 [PWinstanley]
... I would also specifically urge against creating specific aspects of DCAT that would be better handled by profiles
21:40:31 [alejandra]
21:40:35 [PWinstanley]
ack alejandra
21:41:09 [AndreaPerego]
q+ to say not so sure about splitting the report and working on profiles in DCAT 3
21:41:34 [plh]
21:41:47 [roba]
-1 to cloning issues - better to review them and make a case to reopen
21:42:22 [roba]
plh: recommend to clone repository - keep history of commits - then transfer issues to the clone
21:42:45 [roba]
...there is a concept of transferring issues
21:42:46 [PWinstanley]
21:43:10 [plh]
21:43:57 [alejandra]
21:44:13 [roba]
alejandra: also interested in profiles - we have exampes here
21:44:41 [roba]
... should we use the Priimer?
21:44:52 [annette_g]
21:44:55 [roba]
PWinstanley: we can publish Notes as well
21:44:58 [PWinstanley]
21:45:02 [plh]
21:45:15 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1 to keep the issues and maintain the precious discussions we've had..
21:45:23 [roba]
alejandra: we have some work on dataset series to revisit
21:45:38 [roba]
...create a milestone
21:45:39 [PWinstanley]
21:45:43 [PWinstanley]
ack AndreaPerego
21:45:43 [Zakim]
AndreaPerego, you wanted to say not so sure about splitting the report and working on profiles in DCAT 3
21:46:45 [alejandra]
this is the milestone we already have with priority for future work in DCAT:
21:46:55 [alejandra]
I think we should revise that selection
21:46:57 [roba]
AndreaPerego: same concerns we may lose issue - so happy to see a possible solution. Re profiles +1 to point by roba - may be domain independent. So far profiles of DCAT made by communities.
21:47:05 [annette_g]
21:47:11 [roba]
...concerned about potential for conflict.
21:47:39 [roba]
PWinstanley: isnt point to be instructional - to show how things can be addressed by a profile?
21:47:42 [plh]
"The Dataset Exchange Working Group will not create application profiles or metadata standards that only apply to very specific domains (such as particle physics, accountancy, oncology etc.)"
21:48:38 [roba]
AndreaPerego: propose to review issue - if domain-independent can go into V3 otherwise explore options
21:48:51 [roba]
21:49:33 [roba] issue is that there may be many valid ways of solving a problem, so guidance doesnt always help
21:49:39 [PWinstanley]
ack roba
21:50:36 [PWinstanley]
roba: I think that there is likely to be a middle ground between general cases and application-specific requirements (which should be managed by communities) where we can find good practice patterns
21:50:50 [AndreaPerego]
21:50:55 [PWinstanley]
ack AndreaPerego
21:51:17 [roba]
AndreaPerego: agree - important to review open issues
21:51:33 [roba]
+1 for triage of issues first :-)
21:51:54 [alejandra]
21:52:03 [roba]
PWinstanley: we have UCR document too
21:52:09 [AndreaPerego]
+1 to look at the UCR for not addressed requirements.
21:52:25 [PWinstanley]
ack alejandra
21:52:56 [roba]
alejandra: fine to look at UCR - but we have already generated issues
21:53:01 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:53:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
21:54:09 [roba]
PWinstanley: who is going to do this? joint activity or alejandra doing as part of milestone review?
21:54:12 [AndreaPerego]
s/splitting the report/splitting the repo/
21:54:46 [roba]
alejandra: can have my view then we need to discuss
21:56:35 [roba]
PWinstanley: focus of charter is expanasion of community using FAIR principles - need to get people on board ASAP
21:56:55 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
21:56:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
21:57:40 [roba]
topic: open action actions
21:57:51 [roba]
388 is closed
21:59:01 [roba]
plh: we can not go to cc0 without 6 weeks loop. we have moved to cc-by4 already
21:59:30 [roba]
...need to recharter - so part of move to evergreen process
22:00:04 [roba]
PWinstanley: can we go back to wikidata and have conversation about cc0 need?
22:00:42 [roba] we are clear we need to open discussion with wikidata?
22:01:01 [roba]
closing 385
22:01:07 [AndreaPerego]
close action-385
22:01:07 [trackbot]
Closed action-385.
22:01:09 [roba]
closed 386
22:01:15 [AndreaPerego]
close action-386
22:01:15 [trackbot]
Closed action-386.
22:01:36 [alejandra]
thanks all, and bye!
22:01:38 [riccardoAlbertoni]
thank you all, good night
22:01:49 [PWinstanley]
rrsagent, create minutes v2
22:01:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PWinstanley
22:01:51 [AndreaPerego]
22:01:52 [Ana]
thanks all, bye
22:04:53 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:04:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
22:05:44 [AndreaPerego]
regrets+ SimonCox
22:05:46 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:05:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego
22:15:50 [AndreaPerego]
regrets+ Antoine
22:15:51 [AndreaPerego]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
22:15:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate AndreaPerego