Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

04 Sep 2019


irfan_, Matthew_Atkinson, Joshue108, Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Becka11y, JF
becka11y, Irfan


<irfan_> whats wrong with calling number?

<janina> /me Irfan, new code ... /me Irfan new code, stand by ...

Agenda Review & Announcements

<Becka11y> scribe: becka11y

Janina: asked for agenda edits and news?

no news reported

Next & Future Meetings -- Looking at September

Janina: Meeting next week, Sept 11 - TPAC planning mostly
... following week is TPAC - no meeting Sept 18;
... TPAC agenda for APA is active - https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019. made a few edits during meeting
... asking for thoughts on how to articulate a meaningful agenda with AOM group

Josh: is API architecture suitable for immersive Web; semantics can be consumed by user agents but environment may change as interactions happening - thus need a bi-directionality; also broader issues around AT integration with XAR; might have embedded ATs within immersive web

<Joshue108> 1) is existing AOM and API architecture suitable for immersive Web or should it just be restricted to Web Components?

JF: may be correlation between XR and conversational interfaces; notion of user interacting with bot or agent is similar between both

<JF> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J3NFw6NPyj7QGddBtRmagrtS-x4t9BWan8PYEdSpMZM/edit

JF: note that there is a WCAG 2.2 SC on assessible authentication - might want to loop in folks from AG WG as well in any conversations. See above URL for current working document

<Joshue108> 2) Do we need bi-directionality? Semantics can be consumed by user agents but may be modified in an imersive environment and change as interactions happening. Like React is data driven, XR semantics may be interaction or results driven.

Janina: will be talking about what can be acheived in technology (re CAPTCHA) that are not entirely interactive; mostly use tokens and system vouches for user; believe it could be standardized and eventually kill off interactive CAPTCHA

<Joshue108> 3) We are currently aiming at patching XR with current and even legacy AT, so that architecture may be temporary, or move away from browser and API interactions towards AT being embedded in an immersive environment. So what does good look like for this?

JF: Just want to make sure AG Working group members and other working on WCAG 2.2 accessible authentication SC are included in any CAPTCHA discussions

<Joshue108> 4) Finally, are Object Orientated approaches to accessible XR preferable over declarative or author applied semantics?

Janina: seeking any pointers on conversational interfaces would be helpful

<Zakim> JF, you wanted to note there is an emergent SC around Accessible Authentication at AG WG

JF: believe there is a conversational interfaces CG or working group - will try to look it up

<JF> Conversational Interfaces Community Group: http://www.w3.org/community/conv/

Janina: working to make sure all meetings are accessible - however time zones are a problem. Check the agenda - it will be updated with contact details as best as possible. We will meet with CSS in their room - so their channel and Webex
... propose no meeting the week after TPAC. next meeting after TPAC will be Oct. 2

TPAC 2019 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

Workshop Updates

Janina: any workshop updates? still have not created slides for the Data Modeling for autos to be held in Palo Alto; thinking about annotations in data structure to support people with different needs (without sacrificing privacy)
... info needed might be on a ride by ride basis - and not be stored. Need to think creatively to add these additional req. into data model; will complement them on existing methods that allows user to use “native” currency rather than location currency

Task Force Updates

Janina: congrats Irfan and group on first public working draft

Irfan: just waiting for tech directors permission to update
... working on survey questionaire to AT vendors about approaches to bringing SSML into HTML

Janina: meeting with TAG on Friday about several questions, pronounciation architecture, and approaches on personalization and RQTF issues
... which rendering techs for XR should we approach - is one better for semantic support than another? (to ask at TAG meeting)

Irfan: GS-1 is having sesssion at TPAC to discuss voice interaction and assistance - Phil Archer is coordinating; he is interested in what our pronounciation TF is doing to articulate pronounciation. We will meeting with then Wed. at TPAC and TF is being added to panel on this topic

<irfan_> https://www.gs1.org/

<JF> https://philarcher.org/w3c/

Horizontal reviews https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

Josh: am behind in DOM spec review

Janina; no worries - try for Oct

Janina: have a request from WHAT WG to look at HTML (at least a review of changes) for a11y concerns

Michael: has been published to several lists
... want HTML reviews by end of October - sooner is better;

Janina: any volunteers ? <crickets> will ask again next week

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: looks like nothing else new for Horizontal review
... CSS display module level 3 - is in CR and we have open issues we need to deal with
... still need to send comments on Web of Things
... comments on recent XR spec

Janina: those comments have been sent

<MichaelC> Publication Manifest

<MichaelC> Audiobook Profile for Publication Manifest

Michael: publication manifest and audio book profile for publication manifest from publications WG
... general manifest about publications using schema.org via Json to standardize publication data; there are a few a11y entries that can take lists of open text

Janina: we have been asked to look at these and DPUB has asked for feedback at our TPAC meeting

<MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/pub-manifest/ Publication Manifest

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2207 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/pub-manifest/ publication manifest [on Janina Sajka - due 2019-09-11].

JF: see some overlap with this and the personalization TF; would be good to have Matt (pub. WG) talk to Charles or Lisa; we have some conversations about this and a manifest is one way to tackle

Janina: manifest main purpose is to make sure you have all the files you need for the book/publication; Charles is certainly aware of this; there might be a role for transformations to AAC;
... will bring it up at personalization TF next meeting

Michael: anything specific for audio book profile?

Janina: I will read that as well

<MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/audiobooks/ Audiobook Profile for Publication Manifest

<trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what happened.

Janina: we are meeting jointly with Digital Publications WG at TPAC

<MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/audiobooks/ Audiobook Profile for Publication Manifest

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2209 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audiobooks/ audiobook profile for publication manifest [on Janina Sajka - due 2019-09-11].

<MichaelC> action-2208?

<trackbot> action-2208 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audiobooks/ audiobook profile for publication manifest -- due 2019-09-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2208

<MichaelC> close action-2209

<trackbot> Closed action-2209.

<MichaelC> action-2208: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Audiobook_Profile_for_Publication_Manifest

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2208 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audiobooks/ audiobook profile for publication manifest.

<MichaelC> action-2207: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Publication_Manifest

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2207 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/pub-manifest/ publication manifest.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Community Groups Tracking Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

<irfan_> scribe: Irfan

<irfan_> becky: added a table on the top, put name and copied description. left an empty column.

<irfan_> becky: have put number of mailing entries

<irfan_> becky: list of the community groups that APA tracks. List could be updated if required

<irfan_> janina: do we want this table approach?

<JF> +1 to sortable column(s)

<irfan_> becky: may be we can have sorting by updates.

<irfan_> becky: we still have a huge list that we do not need to follow. have no idea what to do with this list

<irfan_> janina: its wonderful

<irfan_> s/sloow/follow

<Matthew_Atkinson> This looks great IMHO, and another +1 for sortable columns.

<irfan_> janina: Judy wants other group to know about what APA is doing.

<irfan_> becky: may be going forward, we can have another table which is no longer needed to be tracked.. looks doable

<irfan_> janina: I like it. any comments from any one?

<irfan_> becky: we need to go through this as group

<irfan_> janina: after we go through it as a group, Judy can review it after that

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/audiobooks/ Audiobook Profile for Publication Manifest
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/pub-manifest/ Publication Manifest

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/09/04 16:59:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/sloow/follow/
Succeeded: s/floow/follow/
Present: irfan_ Matthew_Atkinson Joshue108 Joanmarie_Diggs janina Becka11y JF
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Scribe: Irfan
Scribes: becka11y, Irfan
Found Date: 04 Sep 2019
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]