IRC log of dxwgcneg on 2019-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dxwgcneg
19:55:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-irc
19:55:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:55:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dxwgcneg
19:55:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Dataset Exchange Working Group Teleconference
19:55:42 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2019
19:55:57 [LarsG]
Meeting: DXWG CNEG Subgroup Telecon
19:56:07 [LarsG]
present+
20:02:55 [roba]
roba has joined #dxwgcneg
20:03:19 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please make logs public
20:03:29 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
20:03:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
20:04:21 [roba]
present+
20:06:42 [roba]
me too..
20:07:22 [roba]
* my test audio worked
20:11:51 [LarsG]
Chair: roba
20:11:58 [LarsG]
scribenick: LarsG
20:12:06 [roba]
TOPIC: confirm agenda
20:12:09 [roba]
+1
20:12:10 [LarsG]
+1
20:12:56 [roba]
proposed: confirm minutes https://www.w3.org/2019/02/20-dxwgcneg-minutes
20:12:59 [LarsG]
+1
20:13:18 [roba]
+1
20:13:39 [roba]
resolved: accept minutes https://www.w3.org/2019/02/20-dxwgcneg-minutes
20:15:14 [roba]
TOPIC: open actions https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/products/4
20:15:18 [LarsG]
action-235?
20:15:18 [trackbot]
action-235 -- Rob Atkinson to Create sequence diagram from abstract model and definitions -- due 2018-10-17 -- OPEN
20:15:18 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/235
20:15:49 [LarsG]
roba: came up with a crude diagram (PPT style)
20:16:19 [LarsG]
... is that useful?
20:16:45 [LarsG]
... and should I create a PR?
20:17:00 [LarsG]
LarsG: perhaps better to create an issue and discuss the diagram there
20:17:15 [LarsG]
ACTION: roba to create an issue for sequence diagram
20:17:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-312 - Create an issue for sequence diagram [on Rob Atkinson - due 2019-03-20].
20:17:32 [LarsG]
close action-235
20:17:32 [trackbot]
Closed action-235.
20:17:41 [LarsG]
action-291?
20:17:41 [trackbot]
action-291 -- Nicholas Car to Review initial "no overlap" determination and propose explanatory note -- due 2019-02-20 -- OPEN
20:17:41 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/291
20:18:21 [LarsG]
LarsG: nick isn't here, so let's ping nick about that.
20:18:47 [LarsG]
Action: LarsG to ping Nick about action-291
20:18:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-313 - Ping nick about action-291 [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-03-20].
20:18:58 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
20:18:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
20:20:50 [LarsG]
action-299?
20:20:50 [trackbot]
action-299 -- Lars G. Svensson to Remove discussion of http options from doc as per #510 -- due 2019-02-27 -- OPEN
20:20:50 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/299
20:21:05 [LarsG]
LarsG: has been done and merged
20:21:11 [LarsG]
close action-299
20:21:11 [trackbot]
Closed action-299.
20:21:16 [LarsG]
action-300?
20:21:16 [trackbot]
action-300 -- Lars G. Svensson to Update #195 to respond as initiator and prepare for closing -- due 2019-02-27 -- OPEN
20:21:16 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/300
20:22:53 [LarsG]
LarsG: addressed in https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195#issuecomment-468197758
20:23:05 [LarsG]
roba: "schema" is a role in the profiles ontology
20:24:18 [LarsG]
... it's not related to conneg anymore, so we can untag the github issue
20:25:51 [roba]
proposed: remove profile-negotiation tag from issue #195
20:25:53 [LarsG]
+1
20:25:54 [roba]
+1
20:26:08 [roba]
resolved: remove profile-negotiation tag from issue #195
20:26:20 [roba]
actioned.
20:26:25 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
20:26:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
20:27:35 [LarsG]
close action-300
20:27:35 [trackbot]
Closed action-300.
20:27:40 [LarsG]
action-301
20:27:40 [trackbot]
action-301 -- Lars G. Svensson to Review doc and reference treatment and propose to close #45 -- due 2019-02-27 -- OPEN
20:27:40 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/301
20:28:09 [LarsG]
roba: issue 45 has been merged and closed
20:28:13 [LarsG]
close action-301
20:28:13 [trackbot]
Closed action-301.
20:28:19 [LarsG]
action-302?
20:28:19 [trackbot]
action-302 -- Lars G. Svensson to Request chairs to identify procedure for closing issues about requirement definitions and urge ucr team to consolidate and close such issues as appropriate. -- due 2019-02-27 -- OPEN
20:28:19 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/302
20:29:38 [LarsG]
LarsG: Has addressed chairs, resolution was that issues can be untagged
20:29:55 [LarsG]
... if they are closed for a specific deliverable
20:30:09 [LarsG]
... but they should not be closed if there are other deliverables depending
20:30:13 [LarsG]
... on it.
20:31:12 [LarsG]
... cf. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dxwg-wg/2019Feb/0617.html
20:31:28 [LarsG]
s/issues/issues concerning use cases/
20:31:50 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
20:31:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
20:32:24 [LarsG]
close action-302
20:32:24 [trackbot]
Closed action-302.
20:33:22 [LarsG]
action: LarsG to talk to systems team since emails from the list
20:33:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-314 - Talk to systems team since emails from the list [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-03-20].
20:33:33 [LarsG]
... are not recorded in the action
20:33:43 [LarsG]
action-303?
20:33:43 [trackbot]
action-303 -- Lars G. Svensson to Write up text proposal for #678 and ask kam to review -- due 2019-03-07 -- OPEN
20:33:43 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/303
20:34:33 [LarsG]
roba: action has been done (po
20:35:08 [LarsG]
... proposal written and Kam has responded)
20:35:21 [LarsG]
s/(po//
20:35:29 [LarsG]
close action-303
20:35:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-303.
20:35:39 [LarsG]
action-304?
20:35:44 [trackbot]
action-304 -- Lars G. Svensson to Write up some text for #662 -- due 2019-03-07 -- OPEN
20:35:44 [trackbot]
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/304
20:36:33 [LarsG]
roba: has been addressed in issue #45, so we can close 304 and #662
20:36:39 [LarsG]
close action-304
20:36:39 [trackbot]
Closed action-304.
20:37:57 [roba]
TOPIC: review issues due-for-closing
20:37:58 [roba]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Aprofile-negotiation+label%3A%22due+for+closing%22
20:38:17 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/632
20:39:19 [LarsG]
LarsG: has been resolved, can be closed
20:39:40 [LarsG]
roba: if it has been tagged as due-for-closing and we have no comments
20:40:08 [LarsG]
... for two weeks it should be safe to close an issue
20:40:12 [LarsG]
+1
20:40:29 [LarsG]
roba: so we can close #632
20:41:02 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/592
20:44:00 [LarsG]
LarsG: peter hasn't answered the question at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/592#issuecomment-465742985 yet
20:45:25 [LarsG]
roba: not much about URLs in the document (or URIs)
20:47:09 [roba]
actually we use URI or token consistently.
20:47:34 [LarsG]
roba: why don't we add a statement about URL length in the document
20:48:14 [LarsG]
ACTION: LarsG to add a proposal for URL length into #592
20:48:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-315 - Add a proposal for url length into #592 [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-03-20].
20:48:27 [LarsG]
roba: and we remove the due-for-closing tag
20:50:13 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/422
20:50:22 [LarsG]
roba: this has been addressed, so we can close
20:50:24 [LarsG]
+1
20:51:05 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/287
20:51:13 [LarsG]
roba: this has been addressed
20:52:03 [LarsG]
LarsG: has been "due-for-closing" for four months...
20:52:10 [LarsG]
... so we can safely close it
20:53:33 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/285
20:53:51 [LarsG]
LarsG: this is only tagged profile-negotiation so we should be able to close it
20:53:59 [roba]
+1
20:54:27 [LarsG]
LarsG: just closed it
20:54:34 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/239
20:54:56 [LarsG]
roba: this has been dealt with in profile negotiation so we can untag it
20:54:58 [LarsG]
+1
20:55:06 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/205
20:55:30 [LarsG]
roba: this has been dealt with in profile negotiation so we can untag it
20:55:31 [LarsG]
+1
20:55:40 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/73
20:55:49 [LarsG]
roba: this is a duplicate of #287
20:57:00 [LarsG]
... so since we've untagged #287 we should be able to close #73
20:58:36 [LarsG]
actioned
20:59:43 [LarsG]
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/72
21:00:31 [LarsG]
roba: we have a profile definition that is good enough for conneg
21:00:39 [LarsG]
... and we can revisit that if necessary
21:00:53 [LarsG]
... until then we rely on what the other groups come up with
21:01:27 [LarsG]
... conneg requires a strict definition
21:02:19 [LarsG]
LarsG: all conneg needs is a profile URI to negotiate on
21:02:53 [roba]
note conneg requires current strict definition of profiles - they only add constraints - conneg requires substitutably.
21:04:32 [roba]
"The server should attempt to reply with a profile that best matches the client request. The order of preference a server MUST follow to determine a best matching profile is: an exact match, followed by a profile (perhaps transitively) of the requested profile."
21:05:36 [LarsG]
roba: we might want to strengthen the wording here
21:06:33 [LarsG]
ACTION: LarsG to review the implications of profile transitivity wrt to IETF document
21:06:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-316 - Review the implications of profile transitivity wrt to ietf document [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-03-20].
21:07:41 [LarsG]
ACTION: roba to remove the "list tokens" part from the ED since that's not necessary any more
21:07:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-317 - Remove the "list tokens" part from the ed since that's not necessary any more [on Rob Atkinson - due 2019-03-20].
21:07:59 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
21:07:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
21:08:52 [LarsG]
roba: "cruft" is about the requirements at the bottom of the document
21:09:08 [LarsG]
... referring to issues that are not open any longer
21:10:00 [LarsG]
... we should check that all relevant open issues are in the document
21:10:12 [LarsG]
... and should remove the rest of them
21:10:34 [LarsG]
ACTION: LarsG to remove closed issues from the connec ED document
21:10:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-318 - Remove closed issues from the connec ed document [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-03-20].
21:10:47 [LarsG]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes v2
21:10:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2019/03/13-dxwgcneg-minutes.html LarsG
22:27:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dxwgcneg