24 Jan 2019


stevelee, LisaSeemanKestenbaum, Jennie, AbiJ, kirkwood, Roy, janina, Glenda


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> clear agenda?

<Roy> trackbot, associate this channel with #coga

<trackbot> Associated this channel with #coga.

<Roy> trackbot, status?

<Roy> ACTION: Roy to test the tracker

<trackbot> Created ACTION-303 - Test the tracker [on Ruoxi Ran - due 2019-01-31].

<Roy> Close ACTION-303 finished

<Roy> Close ACTION-303

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-303.

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

lisa's item. split or keep?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit?usp=sharing

JK not sure if his able to do F2F

[10:03am] kirkwood: LS: for google docs would like to have Glenda here

LS: looking at design guide items

<Jennie> Steve's table rocks!

Steve made a table that links to main document

separated tables of support simplification 2.2

LS: should we separate them out even more?
... should it be a stand alone idea for perosonalization

SL: personlization is a mean to an end

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/

LS: this is the main document...
... it has different themes under provide help
... helps user understand its gotten shorter not as clear now
... do we want it as two or thereee design items in a design guide or a full thing

JD: i think someone with a new to disability might not have history or experience using personalization

LS: if we make it a separate theme maybe it should be an item

JK: I think personalization is helpful tool
... for COGA

LS: we are already in 8 themes
... do we want to increase it to 10? to include3 personlization

SL: if the point is adding a new thme as personalization a lot of things are covered be checkpoints in other themes
... provide human help a help email address.. not sure actually
... just wonder wether a theme can be separated out, where some parts maybe included

<Glenda> +1 to separating it out now. Later..as we get feedback from the larger group…we can make adjustments.

<Jennie> +1 to separating it out. And propose adding into technical details for other areas a suggestion for how personalization make be able to incorporate that element.

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> jk strongly pro

<AbiJ> +1 separating it out... but I think that if we wanted to reduce themes then feedback could be incorporated into "Help users"

I think its a srong issue and need it to be on its own


LS: i think we’ll separte it out


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit?usp=sharing

LS: working on design guide
... We were asked to review Glenda’s section

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJE2C0FzzzXgydEp0MNGSdDDvUTTsANViUVvciFK36k/edit#heading=h.jmv8dajhvvom

GS: I have looked at comments there may be some new ones though

LS: make sure hou can give feedback in differentent places seems two were merged
... is it worth splitting into two

GS: I don't
... its not a complex thing usability and findability are tightly integrated
... number one test with people with disabilities and find it without pointing to it

LS: testing is for user testing and these are for builiding it

GS: people thinking about design all of it is part of design
... informetion architecture is part of the process

JK: agree with GS point

<Jennie> +1 to GS point

GS: I think i can emphasisze it more don’t think need to break it out

LS: maybe in top ensure easy access
... a lot of place won’t be doing user testing
... this includes … testing and… [she’s editing doc]

editing document

JD: could we clarify term feedback
... so are we takling about user testing

<Jennie> +1 to feedback form!

JD: i thin feedback should be more defined

S: : theme is reporting issues but data collection is broader

GS: my assumption is the issue data for everyone

SL: what is the data collection then?

GS: this is a design guid for digital interfaces, should stick to reporting issues and problems
... the user ability to report issues and problems

<stevelee> +1 to theme is users can report problems they have

Abi: requesting an alternative form of doc if not available

SL: is this all under getting help?
... too generic

LS: yes lets not revisit
... more detitails hsouldn’t that be the same thing
... getting rid of technical details into more details

JD: I’m looking at 9.2 9.3 that feedback is usable maybe change to reportable
... feedback to report issues and probles
... if i;m reporting a barrier or challenge that is one thing, or if i’m looking for help with a site that is something. report for problem or challenge

S>: help is being misused

SL: report issues or problems… when using thought what technology using for feedback

GS: concerned about getting to broad
... i thought this was help form for digital interface

LS: just need to flow that though
... reporting issues and problems is usable can shorten to reporting issues

SL: is theme 7 done

LS: no
... i’m going to put it to Glenda
... logistic problems F2F
... this is last call befor it

any issues with F2F

lsat thing WCAG 2 proposal

SL: we can talk about it at F2F

LS: Glenda can we talk about the WCAG items
... focus on design guide not worry about 2.0
... could we take another one like plain language
... there are two approaches in survey

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-possibles/

LS: only 1 proposal for COGA in survey

GS: it does sum up
... the current state of WCAG 2. whatever, saw didn’t get far. If we try to get in 2.2 take more resources
... thinking change minds won’t be successful

FS: where we could do something in design guide to make a powerful positive impact


GS: if we have one more month they are looking for big changes

Rochele: small subset of quick wins
... i’d go bck and look at if the case

GS: the only one for quick win is accessibile authentification
... movement form AAA to AA is not a quick win
... the only quick win i thought is accessibile authentification
... if we as a group we agree
... if there is another i have missed what is it and why

LS: we were told could migrate from AAA to AA at the time

<Glenda> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N8Op4djHtUpIsC8FKMsDkGQP7crTq4032nmUVm4PQ-k/edit?ts=5bea7fa3#heading=h.85rredogr4hb

LS: you are really close can get in as AAA and it will be easier to get AA

Rochelle: thought there were some that didn’t get through 2 or 3 like that
... i will try this week
... i’ll go through today

LS: thank you rochelle for looking it. Are we ok with there approach?


LS: we’ve only got time for user needs. WCAG could come back with how
... be very explicit about user needs
... then they work out how to put it in
... could choose important could give a limit see whats most important and get that in

GS: are we then adding another thing to primary goal

<Glenda> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/PlanningPage

LS: if our work is to explain user need

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-possibles/

JK: i feel understanding of user need is very important

Janina: agree with JK and don’t think put effort to change process

Janina; a well document user need is needed

Michael: open to process as well should keep in mind process doesn’t guarantee results
... if TF doesn’t translate to SC who will?

Michaiael: understand frustration nonetheless SC needs owners

LS: I agree

<Glenda> gotta run late for my next call

<Glenda> see you in England!

LS: thank you link of survey is here please fill it out

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Roy to test the tracker

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/01/24 16:04:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: stevelee LisaSeemanKestenbaum Jennie AbiJ kirkwood Roy janina Glenda
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: roy

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]