Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

25 Jul 2018


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Becka11y, Irfan_Ali
Leonie, Gottfried, John


Agenda Overview; Announcements

Janina: Moved reviews to the community group. we have actions items and if anyone wants to add anything to the agenda, any question?
... none one? then I will move forward

Charter Renewal Update

Janina: Michael, we have our threshold. we still want to hear from other groups. However, we already have some requested changes in the draft charter. I am not sure if I like all of them. Want to check whats teh process.

MC: I have made some changes and we can always revert them. first change about the personalization. and other one was the list of technologies.
... I am little cautious about the links in charter.

Janina: I have problem with digital publications because it is very generic.

MC: If you are concerned, we can go back and ask for references. I have created it as an editorial changes but we can always revert it

Janina: I do think we are going to re-engage browsers and media, by the way as digital publishing is desire to make it as multimedia presentation. I chased down the changed proposal that we have going on since 2012.
... I take back everything that I said.

MC: I have made those changes in the charter. I am not clear if we would reply the comments before or after the managerial approval.
... I am going to look into if we can get the APA charter approved next week.

Jania: I think we are going to get little push back from Deque on personalization.

MC: I dont think that this is negotiable. there are some wordings about the specific modules. However, It doesn't say that we might drop some modules. but...

Janina: we are trying to determine some results that we dont have.. Any question, any comments?

TPAC 2018 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

Janina: any progress on Wednesday session?

MC: we want to nail down the plan by end of august

Janina: I am unclear about my stay but I dont know anything definitive about that.

CSS Update

Janina: no further TPAC question, then I will move forward

Becky: I am not attending

Janina: we dot have CSS folks today?

Community Groups Review -- Becky

Janina: community groups? what did you find?

Becky: I was not able to make any executive decision but I have put it on the top of the document.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Becky: I am trying to find the list but if anyone can find it quicker will be great.

Michael is hero.

Becky: audio description community group- Janina will track
... Apps design labs- they are looking for idea to design the mobile app. they just started in April.

Janina- we will wait for 6 months to see if they are making any progress.

Janina- I take interest if they are viable

<Becka11y> Veres One

<Becka11y> W3c Women - no need to track

Becky- W3C women- no need to track

Becky- Distributed computer protocol- No need to track

Blcokchain and Decentralized Apps- Web Specifications for creating and using Decentralized app (Dapp) on a Blockchain - track?

Janina- I have no sense about hot to judge this. Are they active? I dont know who will track them.

Becky: Process Ontology - process ontology that can be used for workflow logging applications as well as for workflow execution applications - no need?

Janina- agree

Becky: Synchronized Multimedia for Publications - synchronize audio and video with web publications - not active, track if becomes active.

Janina: they are going to want to do it. we have some proposals and I am inviting Merrissa and JOhn to discuss further.

Becky: Distributed Trace Content - publish a specification for the protocols to use for distributed trace context propagation (draft spec available) - no need to track

Janina: any disagreement? no one.. its approved

Becky: Web Commerce - support web commerce interest group. little activity; few members; - don't track or track if becomes active

Janina: they are meeting at TPAC and we will discuss about it. You can put my name on that one.
... I am specifically staying there on thursday for this one.

Becky: Art & Culture (Museums) on the Web - helping support artifacts, etc on the web. - track later?
... Merging of Web and Mobile App - track if active
... Web5G Based Communications Accessibility - formed Nov. 2017; no chair - track if becomes active

Janina: agreed

Becky: Improve Web Advertising - improve ecosystem around advertising for all participants - track if becomes active

Janina: sounds right to me

Becky: Educational and Occupational Credentials in Schema.org - no need to track

Janina: agreed

Becky: Credible Web - shift the Web toward more trustworthy content without increasing censorship or social division - looks like mostly a trust schema; has regular meetings and F2F coming in July - track?

Janina: yes

Becky: Vocabularies for Big Data Analysis - no need to trac

Janina: ok

Becky: Digital Asset Mgmt Business Ontology - extensions to schema.org related to the Digital Asset Management Industry - no need to track

Janina: agreed

Becky: Semantic building data - defining a semantic, web-author-friendly representation of building data - no need to track

Janina: would that be a place to come up for standard approach to tracking accessibility standards?
... lets leave it as may be.

Becky: Xproc Next - define XPRC 3 spec - no need to track

Janina: I dont know what it is. any disagreement? no

Becky: Syndicated.media - future of podcasting and other media feeds - track if active

Janina: right

Becky: Brazilian Publishing - stimulate adoption of EPUB 3.1 in Brazilian market - no need to track

Janina: agreed

Becky: Multi dimensional quality metrics (MQM) - develop MQM for translation and i18n quality assessment - no need to track
... Croation Web Developers - no need to track
... SHACL - further develop SHACL (shapes constraint language) - no need to track?
... RSocket Protocol Specification - no need to track

Jenina: unless there is any disagreement.

Becky: Web Payments and Commerce Accessibility - working with Web Payments CG (which we hope to track) - track this instead of Web Payments or track both?

Janina: thats us, we started this.

Becky: Decentralized Communications - build a reference implementation of on-the-fly peer to peer communication; no chair no reports since March, 2017 - track if active

Janina: exactly

Becky: Mixed Reality Service - open protocol to map between geospatial or virtual coordinates and URIs - no need to track

Janina: Umm..,hard to know.

Becky: Trust & Permissions revisit 1 July 2015 (June 2018 - not active no charter, suggest removing)

Janina: lets remove it

<Becka11y> Media Resource In-band Tracks

Becky: Media Resource In-band Tracks - no chair, no activity in 4 years
... Touch Events - no chair, no activity since 2013
... Web of Things - large group but no recent activity; last wiki or github entry 2+ years ago

Janina: we are monitoring.
... we will pull it

Becky: Restricted Media - no activity since 2014
... Emergency Information - no activity since 2013?
... Extensible Web - ask Gez Lemon or Joshue O Connor to track, also alert RDWG; no apparent recent activity

Janina- kill em all

Becky: Semantic Web Interfaces - considered RDWG, Gottfried - no chair, no recent activity

Janina: kill it

Becky: Responsive Images - seems to have delivered its product but a little churn still so keeping on list - change name to responsive issues but no obvious activity since 2015; 436 members

Janina: I think, this is moved to the web plateforms.

MC: its highly active in github. we need to check github repo to check to determine to make a decision

<Becka11y> Responsive images

<Becka11y> can drop

Becky: TV Control API - Media sub-group to track - no apparent recent activity

Janina: drop it

becky: Web Platform Incubator - no apparent recent activity

Janina: we should keep it

Becky: thats all from me.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Janina: new publications, MC?

<MichaelC> Page Visibility Level 2

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to draft responses to Page Visibility Level 2 actions

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2174 - Draft responses to page visibility level 2 actions [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-08-01].

<MichaelC> action-2174: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Page_Visibility_Level_2

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2174 Draft responses to page visibility level 2 actions.

Janina: will be ready by next week.

<MichaelC> Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations

MC: do we need to assign an APA reviewer?

Janina: yes

<MichaelC> ACTION: tzviya to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2175 - Review verifiable claims data model and representations [on Tzviya Siegman - due 2018-08-01].

Other Business

Janina: is there other business?
... we are waiting for charter to approve.

<MichaelC> action-2175: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Verifiable_Claims_Data_Model_and_Representations

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2175 Review verifiable claims data model and representations.

<MichaelC> action-2175: https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2175 Review verifiable claims data model and representations.

Janina: if we get charter approved, we will have something meaningful to discuss at TPAC.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to draft responses to Page Visibility Level 2 actions
[NEW] ACTION: tzviya to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/07/25 16:55:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Becka11y Irfan_Ali
Regrets: Leonie Gottfried John
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Irfan_Ali
Inferring Scribes: Irfan_Ali
Found Date: 25 Jul 2018
People with action items: janina tzviya

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]