IRC log of silver on 2017-10-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
12:58:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-irc
12:58:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
12:58:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #silver
12:58:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
12:58:09 [trackbot]
Date: 06 October 2017
12:58:14 [jeanne]
agenda?
13:18:27 [jeanne]
agenda+ Interview IRB report and recommendation discussion
13:18:27 [jeanne]
agenda+ Proposal for CSUN Design Sprint meeting
13:18:27 [jeanne]
agenda+ Research project sheet review & researcher reassignment
13:18:27 [jeanne]
agenda+ Open action items
13:18:27 [jeanne]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open review
13:31:07 [sloandr]
sloandr has joined #silver
13:32:23 [Lauriat]
Lauriat has joined #silver
13:35:07 [jeanne]
Topic: Keeping Sarah involved
13:35:37 [Jan]
Jan has joined #silver
13:42:33 [jemma]
jemma has joined #silver
13:46:39 [jeanne]
Sarah will become a researcher, instead of a task force member, who will be assigned to Dave
13:46:49 [jeanne]
Pete will be assigned to Dave
13:47:11 [jeanne]
Sarah asks that Stanley be assigned to Jennison
13:47:44 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
13:47:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Interview IRB report and recommendation discussion" taken up [from jeanne]
13:53:07 [jeanne]
Jemma: universities have a process for approving research projects and ensuring that they follow ethical best practices.
13:53:57 [jeanne]
... it requires taking a 5 module online training class
13:54:50 [jemma]
jeanne: how much we will make data "public"?
13:55:41 [sloandr]
+1 to making this interview data private by default. I'm *extremely* concerned by the argument it be made public so that indivdouals can contact and challenge research participants on their views.
13:57:12 [jeanne]
... Michael's email recommends that since we are individuals participating on behalf of ourselves, we are probably not required to meet the university ethical processes. We are gathering opinions, which is a low impact to participants. That said, we should follow ethical best practices.
13:57:56 [Jan]
q+
13:58:27 [Jan]
Actually - I don't need to be on the queue - I just +1 with keeping dialog private.
14:02:45 [jeanne]
Jeanne: recommendations for keeping it private and secure?
14:03:09 [jeanne]
Jan: We could keep it on our Google drive in a secure folder
14:03:33 [jeanne]
... when we do research, we destroy the names, so that the identity can be protected.
14:03:54 [jeanne]
Ryan: Some of the people will be obvious who they are.
14:04:06 [jeanne]
... is there a process to de-contextualize the data?
14:04:42 [jeanne]
... take things about the narrative that are coming up and anonymize it
14:05:14 [jeanne]
Jan: There may be people who don't want their information to be private, they may want attribution. We should ask them as part of the interview process.
14:05:44 [jeanne]
Ryan: Default that the information is private, and people can opt out of privacy.
14:06:19 [jeanne]
Shawn: certain statements may stand out, and we can ask them if we can quote them on that, and whether they want their name attributed.
14:06:43 [jeanne]
... I don't think we can de-contextualize it, because the objective of the interview is to add context.
14:07:03 [jeanne]
Shawn: Let's get back to the idea of doing a pilot.
14:07:25 [jeanne]
... we need the blurb introducing the questions and giving our policy.
14:08:36 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Privacy by default, ask if they want to be quoted, do they want their name associated iwth it.
14:09:38 [jeanne]
action: jeanne with Ryan to adapt a Informed Consent form to what we have agreed on.
14:09:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-126 - With ryan to adapt a informed consent form to what we have agreed on. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-13].
14:10:04 [Jan]
For some reason, the call keeps dropping
14:14:30 [jeanne]
jeanne: I talked with Judy Brewer about our research questions. She recommended that we broaden our questions to include ATAG, UAAG, mobile, publishing, etc.
14:14:39 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:14:39 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, jeanne
14:14:49 [jeanne]
q- jan
14:15:05 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:15:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Proposal for CSUN Design Sprint meeting" taken up [from jeanne]
14:16:01 [jemma]
https://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/
14:17:20 [jeanne]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IjErXLtXY19Ifp2bxen0msD2pGWoB-myFevJj3ga72g/edit#
14:33:45 [Jan]
I have to drop for another call and am having phone issues anyway. I will talk to you guys on Tuesday
14:35:40 [jemma]
jeanne: what do you think about "day 2 - design prototype" session?
14:46:13 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to update the Core Research Questions document
14:46:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-127 - Update the core research questions document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-13].
14:47:23 [jeanne]
action: Jeanne to add to the Interview questions to broaden the scope. Other TF members to contribute
14:47:31 [trackbot]
Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what happened.
14:47:40 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:47:40 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Research project sheet review & researcher reassignment" taken up [from jeanne]
14:48:03 [jeanne]
zakim, drop item 3
14:48:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Research project sheet review & researcher reassignment, dropped
14:48:08 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:48:08 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Open action items" taken up [from jeanne]
14:48:52 [jeanne]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open
14:49:22 [jeanne]
trackbot, close action-123
14:49:22 [trackbot]
Closed action-123.
14:50:20 [jeanne]
trackbot, close action-67
14:50:20 [trackbot]
Closed action-67.
14:51:01 [jeanne]
trackbot, close action-125
14:51:01 [trackbot]
Closed action-125.
14:51:19 [jeanne]
trackbot, close action-124
14:51:19 [trackbot]
Closed action-124.
14:52:07 [jeanne]
trackbot, close action-122
14:52:07 [trackbot]
Closed action-122.
14:52:19 [jeanne]
close action-121
14:52:19 [trackbot]
Closed action-121.
14:54:12 [jeanne]
close action-119
14:54:12 [trackbot]
Closed action-119.
14:55:19 [jeanne]
close action-65
14:55:20 [trackbot]
Closed action-65.
14:57:31 [jemma]
https://es.slideshare.net/ineslaitano9/accesibilidad-web-para-empresarios-del-sector-turstico
15:01:14 [jeanne]
Jemma: Ines Laitano wants to help with the literature review.
15:06:59 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:06:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html jeanne
15:09:53 [jeanne]
chair: Shawn, jeanne
15:10:32 [jeanne]
present+ DaveSloan, Jan, jeanne, Jemma, Shawn, Ryan, Josie
15:10:47 [jeanne]
present+ Sarah
15:10:52 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:10:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html jeanne
17:27:20 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #silver