IRC log of wot-sec on 2017-08-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:57:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-sec
11:57:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:02:15 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT IG - Security
12:02:39 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Elena_Reshetova, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Uday_Davuluru
12:04:35 [elena]
elena has joined #wot-sec
12:04:45 [kaz]
zakim, pick a scribe?
12:04:45 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, kaz.
12:05:04 [zkis]
present+ Zoltan_Kis
12:05:14 [kaz]
scribenick: uday
12:07:21 [mjkoster_]
mjkoster_ has joined #wot-sec
12:07:26 [uday]
kaz can you help me here
12:07:43 [uday]
having problems with webex
12:08:29 [uday]
MK: Discusses issue 32
12:08:52 [elena]
present+ Reshetova_Elena
12:09:55 [uday]
MK: WoT Interface definition clarification
12:09:57 [kaz]
-> arechitecture issue 32
12:10:07 [kaz]
12:10:55 [uday]
ER: in threat model, interfaces are directly exposed
12:10:56 [kaz]
-> terminlogy
12:11:18 [uday]
MK: no separate WoT interface
12:12:03 [kaz]
(MK is McCool)
12:12:42 [uday]
Topic: First draft
12:12:51 [kaz]
-> Thing Description issue 32
12:13:16 [kaz]
@@@ diff
12:13:27 [uday]
MM: change WoT API to WoT interface
12:13:45 [uday]
sorry kaz MM is Mcool
12:13:51 [kaz]
(MM is McCool)
12:15:07 [McCool]
12:15:15 [kaz]
HTML diff above
12:15:22 [McCool]
WoT API -> WoT Interface
12:15:30 [McCool]
API -> WoT Interface
12:15:46 [McCool]
WoT Protocol -> WoT Communication
12:16:17 [uday]
ER: to update changes in Threat model document
12:16:31 [kaz]
s/@@@ diff//
12:17:13 [kaz]
topic: Architecture
12:17:18 [uday]
MM: to clean content in TD document
12:17:36 [kaz]
-> Architecture issue 32
12:17:54 [kaz]
12:18:50 [uday]
MM: restructuring architecture document
12:20:52 [kaz]
12:21:02 [uday]
MM: working on proposal of IEEE workshop
12:21:43 [kaz]
kaz: question about restructuring
12:22:05 [uday]
MM: open issue about security consideration is deferred until first draft is out
12:22:38 [uday]
MM: focus on current pull request on TD
12:23:17 [uday]
kaz: should issue 32 be open?
12:23:58 [kaz]
s/open?/open? or once close it and create another issue for the second version after fpwd?/
12:26:26 [kaz]
MM: 2 sections for "Security and Privacy" (3.3 and 4.6)
12:26:41 [uday]
MM: architecture- security and privacy discussion
12:28:11 [uday]
kaz: should we wait for first draft to close issue 32
12:28:16 [uday]
MM: yes
12:30:07 [uday]
MM: goes through changes in document
12:30:38 [uday]
MM: will start to working on PR ofr architecture document
12:30:49 [kaz]
12:31:29 [kaz]
s|architecture document|architecture document once Matthias's PRs are merged (e.g., Thu/Fri)|
12:31:56 [uday]
@Elena: can you post your comment here, sorry i missed it
12:33:32 [kaz]
mm: as Matthias mentioned, we need some more content for security consideration
12:33:36 [kaz]
elena: can work on i
12:33:43 [kaz]
s/on i/on it/
12:33:52 [uday]
ER: to come up with outline of topics needed for security considerations in Architecture doc
12:34:23 [kaz]
mm: we can talk about that next week but we can't include it into the FPWD
12:34:38 [kaz]
... next week, would like to talk about the IEEE workshop as well
12:34:52 [McCool]
Sven Schrecker
12:35:24 [McCool]
from IIC Security Framework... seems willing to help with IEEE S&P "IoT Security" proposal
12:37:14 [kaz]
mm: program committee should include people from academia
12:37:50 [McCool]
Topics: Threat, risk models, and use cases (for IoT) Lightweight security mechanisms Challenges due to intermittent connectivity Enabling secure interoperability across ecosystems Privacy, identity, and metadata management Interplay between safety and security Integrating systems with different levels of security and trust Distributed trust systems (for example, blockchain) Security in information-centric networks
12:39:42 [kaz]
12:42:06 [kaz]
kaz: you'll bring this proposal to the Chairs call on 30th. right?
12:42:07 [kaz]
mm: yes
12:43:11 [kaz]
... any other topic?
12:43:12 [uday]
@Kaz can you add your comment here
12:43:26 [kaz]
kaz: a possible IE guy from the DAS group?
12:44:13 [kaz]
... let's have some more chat during the Chairs call
12:44:13 [uday]
MM: need more connection between web security and WoT security
12:44:33 [kaz]
@@let's... to be moved here"
12:44:40 [uday]
MM: to update the PR and update the TD for first wG draft
12:45:02 [kaz]
s/first wG draft/FPWD/
12:45:22 [uday]
MM: discuss IEEE S&P on Wednesday 30.08
12:45:43 [uday]
MM: will update the references with corresponding items
12:46:12 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
12:46:25 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:46:32 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:46:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:25:41 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-sec
14:21:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot-sec