IRC log of wot on 2017-08-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:00:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:00:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:01:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wot
12:01:50 [kaz]
present+ Michael_McCool, Barry_Leiba, Kaz_Ashimura, Federico_Sismondi, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru
12:02:03 [kaz]
present+ Niklas_Widell
12:02:22 [zkis]
present+ Zoltan_Kis
12:02:24 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:02:26 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
12:02:28 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT IG/WG
12:02:33 [nwidell]
nwidell has joined #wot
12:02:57 [mkvoatsc]
mkvoatsc has joined #wot
12:03:45 [kaz]
present+ Kazuo_Kajimoto
12:03:55 [kaz]
present+ Soumya_Kanti_Datta
12:04:04 [mkvoatsc]
12:04:09 [kaz]
present+ Daniel_Peintner
12:04:23 [tokuyama]
tokuyama has joined #wot
12:04:43 [Soumya]
Soumya has joined #wot
12:04:46 [kaz]
present+ Taki_Kamiya
12:04:47 [kajimoto]
kajimoto has joined #wot
12:05:46 [kaz]
scribenick: uday
12:05:54 [taki]
taki has joined #wot
12:06:23 [uday]
Matthias: discusses agenda
12:07:51 [victor]
victor has joined #wot
12:08:08 [kaz]
present+ Victor_Charpenay
12:08:29 [mkvoatsc]
12:08:45 [kaz]
present+ Keiichi_Tokuyama
12:09:17 [ohura]
ohura has joined #wot
12:09:17 [naka]
naka has joined #wot
12:09:55 [naomi]
naomi has joined #wot
12:10:06 [kaz]
topic: FPWDs
12:10:13 [kaz]
-> editors call minutes
12:10:16 [ktoumura]
ktoumura has joined #wot
12:10:30 [ohura2]
ohura2 has joined #wot
12:10:51 [uday]
kaz: briefs editors call, schedule&issues discussed,
12:11:42 [uday]
kaz: target doc- architecture and TD
12:12:20 [uday]
Mat: one issue about architecture doc structure discussed
12:13:00 [mkvoatsc]
12:13:09 [mkvoatsc]
12:13:24 [uday]
Kajimoto-san: terminology discussion of architecture doc
12:13:58 [uday]
Mat: will go ahead with agreed structure and then Kajimoto-san to further work on it
12:14:30 [uday]
Mat: group can comment using pull requests
12:14:39 [kaz]
s|editors call minutes|editors call minutes (member-only)|
12:15:03 [uday]
MM: will close the MD version by Moday 28.08
12:16:21 [kaz]
present+ Masato_Ohura
12:16:32 [uday]
Taki: will work on TD pull requests-data type change for september 6th review
12:16:45 [kaz]
present+ Yongjing_Zhang
12:17:21 [uday]
MM: to add few issues in TD repo
12:17:47 [uday]
Mat: briefs scripting doc work
12:18:32 [uday]
MK: to work on PB basic doc by 30.08
12:19:24 [kaz]
12:19:29 [uday]
Mat: release candidates by 30.08 followed by group review, final consensus on 06.09 and then final publication
12:19:33 [mkvoatsc]
12:20:00 [kaz]
ack k
12:20:13 [uday]
Topic: clarifying capabilities
12:20:15 [kaz]
s/september 6th/august 30th/
12:21:16 [uday]
MK: capabilities
12:21:52 [uday]
MK: capabilities are actions, events and properties of a single function of a thing
12:22:12 [uday]
e.g: on/off switch
12:22:51 [uday]
capabilities can be composed together to define the whole thing
12:23:31 [McCool]
question - can a proposed definition of "Capability" be given that can be included in the terminology listing (tentatively... we may not want to include it in the FPWD)
12:24:09 [mkvoatsc]
12:24:13 [uday]
capability can be a separate schema/definition
12:25:06 [uday]
can be implemented as individual instances
12:25:50 [uday]
can themselves be semantic descriptors
12:26:13 [kaz]
12:26:30 [mkvoatsc]
12:26:35 [kaz]
q+ McCool
12:26:38 [kaz]
ack mc
12:26:41 [mkvoatsc]
12:26:54 [uday]
12:27:17 [kaz]
i|MK:|McCool's question here @@@|
12:28:24 [uday]
MM: can be sub-things, or one array of intereactions
12:29:14 [McCool]
12:29:59 [uday]
MM: can capability also be a link?
12:30:58 [uday]
MK: too restrictive to have all semantic definitions at top level
12:31:42 [uday]
MK: could put links on capabilities
12:32:01 [kaz]
12:32:03 [uday]
MM: maybe as optional
12:32:10 [kaz]
ack mk
12:32:21 [kaz]
chairs: Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto, Yongjing
12:35:15 [naka]
naka has joined #wot
12:35:37 [uday]
Mat: see two aspects- 1) capabilities can group multiple interactions together, 2) how do we link interactions to capabilities,where are the names of ineractions
12:36:01 [uday]
MK: refers to example
12:37:07 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
12:37:52 [McCool]
12:38:08 [kaz]
present+ Katsuyoshi_Naka
12:38:10 [uday]
Mat: does a capability prescribe what interaction to access
12:40:15 [uday]
MK: we don't want to limit any of that, what should be required? something minimum for interoperability
12:41:03 [uday]
12:45:26 [uday_]
uday_ has joined #wot
12:46:42 [uday_]
Mat: might trail WoT TD
12:48:10 [kaz]
12:48:14 [kaz]
ack mc
12:48:31 [victor]
12:48:57 [zkis]
12:49:15 [uday_]
MM: is going one level up, could have a capability with zigbee style but have a concrete definition at some level
12:50:10 [kaz]
12:50:12 [uday_]
MK: tradeoff of interoperability Vs not being able to implement too specific things
12:51:39 [kaz]
12:51:52 [DarkoAnicic]
12:52:49 [kaz]
ack k
12:52:56 [kaz]
kaz: we just have 8 more minutes
12:53:13 [kaz]
... so should record the possible need for 2 layers of abstraction
12:53:25 [kaz]
... and go ahead for other agenda topics
12:53:33 [kaz]
... (esp. TPAC logistics)
12:53:51 [uday_]
victor: not only defines capabilities but also interactions
12:53:53 [kaz]
ack v
12:54:23 [uday_]
victor: can use interaction pattens individually with their own TDs
12:54:43 [uday_]
still a need for unified vocabulary
12:54:48 [kaz]
[ Kaz would like to note we have to let all know about the TPAC update. ]
12:55:21 [kaz]
12:55:32 [kaz]
12:56:31 [uday_]
zoltan: capabilities are informative, need some capability negotiation
12:56:55 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:57:02 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:57:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:57:56 [uday_]
Mat: feel this could be counter productive to TD idea
12:58:13 [kaz]
i/might trail/scribenick: uday_/
12:58:16 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:58:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
12:58:26 [uday_]
Darko: example with TD and TD+capability should help to discuss
12:59:18 [uday_]
Topic: TPAC plugfest
12:59:47 [uday_]
Mat: Fujitsu offered plugfest in sunnyvale
13:00:39 [kaz]
i|TPAC plugfest|Matt: would be happy if there are concrete examples|
13:02:22 [kaz]
MM: Kaz will put the coordinate on the wiki
13:02:25 [kaz]
taki: fine
13:02:34 [kaz]
kaz: will put the info on the wiki then
13:02:52 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
13:02:55 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft mintues
13:02:55 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft mintues', kaz. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:03:02 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:03:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:03:07 [kaz]
s/rrsagent, draft mintues/
13:03:08 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:03:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate kaz
13:04:14 [barryleiba]
barryleiba has left #wot
13:04:32 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
13:45:59 [naomi]
naomi has joined #wot
15:02:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
16:22:08 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
16:29:32 [naomi]
naomi has joined #wot
16:55:52 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
17:50:21 [elena_]
elena_ has joined #wot
19:13:04 [naomi]
naomi has joined #wot
21:49:17 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
21:51:53 [Karen_]
Karen_ has joined #wot
21:56:37 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
21:56:46 [naomi]
naomi has joined #wot
22:56:42 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
23:56:37 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot