10 Jul 2017

See also: IRC log


JohnRochford, AWK, lisa_, shari, EA, kirkwood, MichaelC, Mike_Pluke, janina, Pietro


<lisa_> agenda: this agenda+ review SC, and timelines show status table.sc status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html, issues: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACO

personlization task force

<EA> sorry I am so sorry that was not clever it went into the text please delete and should have gone into an email I was sending.

<EA> Lisa I am afraid it is cutting out

<lisa_> scribe: JohnRochford

Anyone want to join the new ARIA task force?

(Lisa is asking.)

proposed new wording personlization and undo

shari volunteers herself and jan

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/work-statement

Michael: The above is the draft work statement for the new ARIA TF.

Lisa: The focus of the TF is personalization.
... I'm having trouble understanding objections to the personalization SC.

<lisa_> For pages that contains interactive controls or with more then one regions, one of the following is true:

<lisa_> -a mechanism is available for personalization of content that enables the user to add symbols to interactive controls OR

<lisa_> -contextual information is available for regions, common form elements, common navigation elements and common interactive controls is programmatically determined.

<lisa_> We would then specify what is included in common form elements, common navigation elements and common interactive controls in the definitions and make sure we have good supporting techniques for each one. I see the definition of common elements listing some of the values of coga-action, coga-field and coga-destination, so it should be very well defined what you need to include.

Lisa: If we can introduce it as a AA requirement, that would be huge.
... We will define elements and other values.

Mike: An objection was that two different things were exceptions for the other.

AWK: Undo was in the minutes for last week.

Lisa: Yes, and as a result, I made changes and published to the list.
... Another objection seemed to be it wasn't properly scoped.

<Zakim> AWK, you wanted to ask if this was on last week's call?

Mike: Another objection was that contextual information was not defined.

Lisa: For anything we want to add, we would have at least 2 techniques.

Mike: A problem people are discussing is that the reference doc is not yet created, and we are trying to create it and the SC at the same time.

Lisa: Can anyone think of a way to move forward the personalization SC?

<Zakim> AWK, you wanted to say that it seems that the main concerns were around the definitions, or any missing ones

<AWK> https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/support-personalization_ISSUE-6/guidelines/#support-personalization

AWK: At the link above, there are no definitions.
... Are regions testable or not?
... We run into trouble when we say something is common or familiar.

AWK and Lisa are talking about adding the definitions to GitHub.

AWK: The COGA TF should think about which SC to push forward.
... And think about the cost of focusing on personalization.
... The objections we are getting about the personalization SC are that it is incomplete.

Lisa: (To TF) Please vote on the SC, and review what we have.

Michael: The adenda item for tomorrow is Undo, not personalization.

agenda, not adenda

<lisa_> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/38

Lisa: Link above is to Undo SC.
... There were substantive changes suggested by Jason and Greg.

<lisa_> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/COGA_undo/results

<lisa_> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Lisa: Which SC should we promote as we work on Undo and Personalization?
... For example, which SC do we think we could get through?

AWK: I wonder if people have a good idea about the status of the various SC.

<kirkwood> A summary of where we are? a status document would be helpful. Great suggestion

<EA> +1

Lisa: There is a status doc, but I have not updated it recently.
... Chunks, visual presentation, and familar design are SCs we decided not to push forward.

<EA> But would chunks now be dealt with text layout happening with spacing

Mike: Interruptions minimum and accessible authentication are the 2 SC we have got through.
... One objection to familar design is that standards today are not the same as they were 5 years ago.

AWK: What may be helpful is that people on the call could look through the issues, take a few, and update their status.

Lisa: All I have to do, which I will do now, is update the status of accessible authentication.
... People can review the status doc, then suggest which we can work on next.
... The Status doc should now be updated.

See https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Lisa: We should look at the SC that have not been discussed or pushed forward, and decide which we think are important.
... Should we refine ones already addressed, or focus on ones we have not yet?

<Zakim> AWK, you wanted to say we don't vote and to and to make a suggestion to help make the status document and to

JohnRochford: Asks Lisa to add his whole last name to the status doc.

Mike and Lisa: Discussing task-completion SC.

Lisa: To question from JohnRochford about working on chunks SC, says she does not think we could get it through.
... I have to go. Ciao.

<AWK> Need to go to my other call. ttyl.

<EA> I have concerns that chunking is not just about text content but also the look and feel of the web page.

<EA> abstract versus concrete as well as common usage for many users

Adding understanding sections to https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2017AprJun/0499.html

<EA> So sorry I must go...

<lisa_> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2017AprJun/0499.html

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/07/10 17:39:14 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/w3c-coga//
Present: JohnRochford AWK lisa_ shari EA kirkwood MichaelC Mike_Pluke janina Pietro
Regrets: EA
Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 10 Jul 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/07/10-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]