IRC log of silver on 2017-02-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:38:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
14:38:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-irc
14:38:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:38:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
14:38:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
14:38:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
14:38:34 [trackbot]
Date: 07 February 2017
14:38:53 [jeanne]
chairs: Sarah, Shawn, Jeanne
14:39:05 [jeanne]
chairs: Shawn, Jeanne
14:39:20 [jeanne]
present+ Sarah, Shawn, Jeanne
14:39:47 [SarahHorton]
SarahHorton has joined #silver
14:40:06 [jeanne]
Topics: Emails
14:41:00 [jeanne]
Sarah: It would be good to do interviews of organizations who have integrated accessibility into their development.
14:41:29 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I sent an email on an article about that has references to other studies done.
14:42:40 [jeanne]
agenda+ Responses from researchers
14:42:40 [jeanne]
agenda+ Stakeholder form for non-accessibility stakeholders
14:42:40 [jeanne]
agenda+ Interview user research - next steps
14:42:47 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 4
14:42:47 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Responses from researchers" taken up [from jeanne]
14:43:40 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Here's the article that has a few case studies: https://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2016/01/accessibility-for-business-and-pleasure/
14:44:34 [jeanne]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2017Feb/0010.html <- email from Michael Heron
14:46:24 [jeanne]
JS: Michael Heron was concerned about UK academic calendar
14:46:50 [jemma]
jemma has joined #silver
14:46:58 [jeanne]
Sarah: I think we should ask him what timeline works for him. We can be more flexible.
14:47:02 [SarahHorton]
present+ Sarah
14:47:05 [jemma]
present+ JaeunJemmaKu
14:48:01 [jeanne]
Jeanne: We have milestones that we have to keep to, but we have some flexibility within the major Research milestones
14:48:30 [jeanne]
Sarah: I think we have to be more flexible because we didn't get the research work kicked off before the semester start.
14:49:41 [jeanne]
action: Sarah or Dave will respond to Michael to ask him for what schedule he would need.
14:49:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-62 - Or dave will respond to michael to ask him for what schedule he would need. [on Sarah Horton - due 2017-02-14].
14:52:55 [jeanne]
Jeanne: He proposes two projects, one of which isn't really related to Guidelines
14:53:14 [jeanne]
Sarah: He may identify items that should be included in Guidelines.
14:53:40 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Scott Hollier proposed a new question -> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2017Feb/0009.html
14:53:50 [jeanne]
How flexible are the current web accessibility standards in supporting emerging consumer technology trends?
14:54:51 [jeanne]
... he is proposing a project based on effectiveness of WCAG 2.0 for technology trends.
14:55:07 [jeanne]
Sarah: Great idea, it's a rich area for insights.
14:55:35 [jeanne]
Shawn: the interviews around adaptations to WCAG also will address it.
14:57:18 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Tyson McMillen also responded <- https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2017Feb/0011.html
14:58:10 [jeanne]
... he also proposed two new questions:
14:58:11 [jeanne]
- In what ways can the new accessibility guidelines capturethe iterative nature of accessibility compliance? That is reinforce the importanceof double checking accessibility when new content is added?
14:58:11 [jeanne]
- To what extent can guidelines help teachers maintain accessibilitywhen using a learning management system (lms) such as Moodle, Blackboard, etc.for both online and on-campus courses?
14:58:40 [jeanne]
... the latter will be of interest to Jan and her concerns with WCAG in education.
14:58:47 [jeanne]
Sarah will add to the wiki
15:00:21 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
15:00:21 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Review open action items" taken up [from Lauriat]
15:00:29 [jeanne]
zakim, close item 3
15:00:29 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Review open action items, closed
15:00:30 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:00:30 [Zakim]
5. Stakeholder form for non-accessibility stakeholders [from jeanne]
15:01:17 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
15:01:17 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Stakeholder form for non-accessibility stakeholders" taken up [from jeanne]
15:02:59 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I realized that we need a separate form for Stakeholders who aren't accessibility professionals. We will set up a new form that has the same fields and field order, but has better explanatory material for people who aren't in the a11y sphere.
15:03:07 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
15:03:07 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Interview user research - next steps" taken up [from jeanne]
15:10:43 [jeanne]
Jeanne: [a long intro] I would like to start working on planning the next step of interviews. Some of the interviews I want to do myself. there are people I am really interested in talking with and getting their ideas. I would like to start working on the questions. I also think there are some roles that we want to reserve for ourselves to interview, like policy makers and CAOs.
15:11:02 [jeanne]
Jemma: I agree.
15:11:52 [jeanne]
Sarah: I think we have to be systematic about how we get at the information. I think we want to have an umbrella that we all stand under.
15:12:44 [jeanne]
... No matter what we do, we will learn, but we will get more if we are systematic.
15:13:32 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Completely agree. We want structured questions for validity, to avoid leading, and to give interviewees the question in advance so they have time to think about them before the call.
15:13:52 [jeanne]
Sarah: I am often in interview situation, and I use a framework for what we are trying to understand.
15:14:09 [jeanne]
... we want to understand where we are now and where the pain points are now.
15:14:46 [jeanne]
... maybe one of the researchers could be the umbrella maker, or Dave could do that.
15:16:40 [jeanne]
... we need to know what methods the researchers are going to use, and do that first.
15:18:33 [jeanne]
Shawn: I think it should be case by case who does the interviewing.
15:18:57 [jeanne]
jeanne: We need to get this part of the research moving because it will take a long time.
15:19:10 [jeanne]
action: jeanne to start a wiki page with research questions.
15:19:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-63 - Start a wiki page with research questions. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-02-14].
15:19:35 [jeanne]
zakim, close this item
15:19:35 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
15:19:36 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
15:21:04 [jeanne]
Sarah: We know enough to start assigning task force partners and get moving. Perhaps there is an intermediate stage of responding that Dave is going to do.
15:22:53 [jeanne]
Shawn will be point of contact for Scott Hollier
15:23:42 [jeanne]
Jeanne will ask Jan if she wants to be the point of contact for Tyson (education research)
15:24:05 [jeanne]
Jeanne will be point of contact for Michael on accessible gaming
15:25:22 [jeanne]
Topic: Literature Review
15:25:53 [jeanne]
Jemma: I got article, great article. I need more info on setting up the project with Shawn.
15:26:58 [jeanne]
Shawn: Jemma, you and I can just do it. We need to get the literature in a form that we can access programatically.
15:27:30 [jeanne]
... I will send an email with a link to the library and how it works, and then we can go from there.
15:29:26 [jeanne]
Jeanne: set up a meeting with Jemma to create Literature Review wiki page.
15:57:11 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:57:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-minutes.html jeanne
17:14:21 [jeanne]
regrets+ Jan
17:14:25 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:14:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-minutes.html jeanne
17:34:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #silver
17:35:14 [jeanne]
trackbot, end meeting
17:35:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:35:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:35:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-minutes.html trackbot
17:35:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:35:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-actions.rdf :
17:35:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sarah or Dave will respond to Michael to ask him for what schedule he would need. [1]
17:35:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-irc#T14-49-41
17:35:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jeanne to start a wiki page with research questions. [2]
17:35:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/02/07-silver-irc#T15-19-10