IRC log of coga on 2016-12-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:00:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:00:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:10:18 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga
16:11:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:11:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
Agenda+ actions
16:11:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ faqs and updates on media and user stories
16:11:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ what other pieces do we need
16:11:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ addressing feedback
16:12:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables
16:12:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page
16:14:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: kurt mattes, John Kirkwood, ayelet seeman
16:44:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: kurt mattes, John Kirkwood, ayelet seeman, Thadd
16:44:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
16:44:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "actions" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:47:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: kurt mattes, John Kirkwood, ayelet seeman, Thadd, Chaohai Ding
16:47:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: kurt mattes, John Kirkwood, ayelet seeman, Thaddeus, Chaohai Ding
16:56:43 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
16:59:55 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
17:01:25 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
17:02:01 [Jim_S]
Jim_S has joined #coga
17:02:01 [janina]
present+ Janina
17:02:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Mike_Pluke
17:03:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:03:35 [JohnRochford]
17:03:55 [JohnRochford]
present+ Mike_Pluke
17:04:10 [Jan]
Jan has joined #coga
17:04:13 [JohnRochford]
present+ Lisa_Seeman
17:04:37 [JohnRochford]
present+ JohnRochford
17:04:37 [Jan]
present+ jan mcsorley
17:04:40 [MichaelC]
17:04:48 [Jim_S]
17:04:55 [JohnRochford]
present+ Jan
17:05:05 [Mike_Pluke]
Action for Mike tp review coverage of the ISO document to look for gaps. Mike will do for next Monday.
17:05:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:05:09 [trackbot]
Error finding 'for'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
17:05:11 [JohnRochford]
present+ janina
17:05:40 [Mike_Pluke]
Janina action point - maybe just a formatting exercise
17:06:51 [JohnRochford]
present+ maryjom
17:07:17 [Mike_Pluke]
Review FCC White Paper - Mike has not, but Mary Jo has and says it is just an overview and not as detailed as our work. - Closed
17:08:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:08:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "faqs and updates on media and user stories" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:08:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:08:58 [Mike_Pluke]
Copy editing - a big thank you to everyone for drafting, reviewing of SCs and the copywriting team - Jan, Jim, John Rochford and Thadeus were super busy and effective.
17:09:41 [Mike_Pluke]
Identifying new user needs (table) is still something that should be done.
17:10:32 [Mike_Pluke]
Needs: Support for personalization etc. need to be identified and fits in with our roadmap.
17:11:01 [Mike_Pluke]
Phase 2 - user needs - should we be looking at emotional disabilities.
17:11:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: Thadd and bernard user reserch module on emotional dibilities
17:11:13 [trackbot]
Error finding 'Thadd'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
17:11:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:12:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: Thaddeus Cambron and Jan and bernard user reserch module on emotional dibilities
17:12:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-189 - Cambron and jan and bernard user reserch module on emotional dibilities [on Thaddeus Cambron - due 2016-12-12].
17:12:26 [Mike_Pluke]
User research related to things such as Help may need to be persued.
17:13:05 [Mike_Pluke]
Research Module for emotional disabilities (2 part)
17:13:28 [Mike_Pluke]
Phase 2 issue papers on Ethics, testing and bots
17:14:00 [Mike_Pluke]
John Rochford working on indoor navigation and other John working on outdoor navigation.
17:14:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: John_R and John_K issue paper on navigation
17:14:04 [trackbot]
Error finding 'John_R'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
17:14:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
action Lisa to draft phase to proposal
17:14:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-190 - Draft phase to proposal [on Lisa Seeman - due 2016-12-12].
17:16:22 [Mike_Pluke]
Probably will need to review things that are not fully accepted in Phase 1 - for potential inclusion in Phase 2
17:17:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:18:14 [Mike_Pluke]
1) SUpportive material (e.g. FAQ) - 2) making semantics easier - ned to be worked on.
17:18:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:23:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:26:37 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike suggests that when we have similar success criteria that differ in their scope we could amend the titles to put the key scope differences in brackets at the end of the title
17:28:04 [Jan]
+1 to mention something about situational cognitive disabilities under stressful situations, etc.
17:30:20 [Kirkwood]
Kirkwood has joined #Coga
17:30:59 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
17:31:27 [Mike_Pluke]
Agree to sending the FAQ to WCAG now, and clarify that it is a work in progress.
17:31:31 [Jan]
+1 to submitting FAQs to WCAG because it's going to be a work in progress
17:32:54 [Mike_Pluke]
FAQs useful to point people to if they ask a typical question that we have already addressed.
17:34:37 [Mike_Pluke]
A series of videos about user needs as a possibility to introduce in January (via Neil and the education outreach group0. Maybe also BBC videos and ask the team if they want to make more.
17:34:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:36:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
Anna forest
17:37:31 [Mike_Pluke]
John Kirkwood "People in NYC who might be interested" - will reach out to them
17:38:46 [Mike_Pluke]
Test criteria - APIs and personalization semantics that should make things easier
17:39:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:39:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:39:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
need: prersonlization settings
17:40:14 [Mike_Pluke]
User need tables have specified all the things we need from the user needs perspective but need personalization settings standardised
17:40:37 [Mike_Pluke]
Also need implementation - important for W3C process
17:41:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
specifcations at a working draft
17:42:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:42:15 [Mike_Pluke]
An interesting VR experience of sensory overload for an autistic chid at: (not ICT specific - put powerful)
17:42:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:23 [Mike_Pluke]
Browser extension - script project already made - but not in line with what we have now - might be a candidate for an extension
17:43:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
implention as an extention, or websites using
17:44:08 [EA]
So sorry keep losing connection will use minutes to keep up.
17:44:59 [Mike_Pluke]
Getting something like this actually used would greatly increase the traction in getting things accepted. Does this need a separate sub-group.
17:46:10 [Mike_Pluke]
John Rochford - A demonstration of an online course related to people with intellectual disabilities - could incorporate the personalization stuff into the course activity.
17:47:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:49:48 [Mike_Pluke]
John Rochford and John Kirkwood interested in trying to get things developed.
17:50:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:50:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:50:44 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "what other pieces do we need" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:51:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:52:58 [Mike_Pluke]
Could do with implementation on the Interruptions Matrix and the Log into breadcrumbs
17:54:25 [Mike_Pluke]
Jan needs to look at the COGA personalisation work to see how it fits in with what she is doing - looking towards possible implementation.
17:54:53 [Mike_Pluke]
Browser and operating system guidance could be something that is needed.
17:55:14 [Mike_Pluke]
Conformance testing - what should it look like is something else that might be needed.
17:57:16 [Mike_Pluke]
Although W3C doesn't implement - we need to be describe things that are implementable.
17:57:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:58:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
Action: Lisa to tiedy up issue page
17:58:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-191 - Tiedy up issue page [on Lisa Seeman - due 2016-12-12].
17:59:05 [Mike_Pluke]
Nobody is working on meta data - would turn into techniques - need an Issue Paper?
17:59:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:59:35 [Mike_Pluke]
Need to improve existing metadata issue paper
18:01:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
resolutions: changes to sc that do not reduce the extent to which the user need is adressed cna be done without taskfource cocnent
18:01:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
18:01:33 [janina]
18:01:34 [Jim_S]
18:01:34 [Mike_Pluke]
18:01:43 [Jan]
18:01:48 [maryjom]
18:01:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
John kirkoud +1
18:02:06 [maryjom]
18:02:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:02:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
18:02:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Lisa_Seeman
18:22:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
21:20:53 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga