Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

16 Nov 2016

See also: IRC log


Janina, MichielBijl, tdrake, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: tdrake

next and future meetings--No APA call next week

tdrake: would like to invite Thierry Koblentz to CSS Accessibility team

janina: no meeting next week due to Thanksgiving holidays
... return November 30 for next meeting

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<scribe> ACTION: 2104 to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html#action01]

action 2104 extend to early next year.

<trackbot> Error finding '2104'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

<MichaelC> action-2104 due 31 Dec

<trackbot> Set action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ due date to 2016-12-31.

MC: extend action 2104 due 31 December

<MichaelC> action-2104 due 4 Jan 2017

<trackbot> Set action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ due date to 2017-01-04.

janina: should we pass this information to ARIA group

MC: will see if ARIA group wants to review the review request separately or will MB's review be sufficient

The APA review should be adequate

JS: action 2103 - Using web sockets to handle communication between devices and user agents. it talks about security and gives examples. It talks about data that changes state. It mentions personalization.

Other specs will become more specific. There is one item JS is looking at. There are diagrams within the documentation. Do we need long descriptions on these diagrams? Or would alternate text be sufficient.

MC: component diagram, class diagram, I can't tell if the content is within the prose.

Looking at component diagram, the details within the diagram are not in the surrounding text, but it could be deeper in the document. There could be a request for making the documentation more accessible.

Spec features are ok, but diagrams need extended descriptions

There's an action for Fred Ash, do we want to re-assign the actions? I will take over the action for credential management. It is due now and possibly have cognitive task for look at it. Perhaps the web payments should look at it.

TD: is this web payments based?

MC: it's credentials management

<MichaelC> Credential Management Level 1

<MichaelC> action-2038 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2038 Raise [https://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ credential management level 1] for re-review due date to 2017-05-16.

MC: Let's advance this action another 6 months

The remaining actions are either far in the future or for people not on the call.

JS: He has talked to John Foliot, who has been doing heavy travel lately and this will continue into December

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: there were no new publications

APA's Accessibility Checklist

MC: any thoughts to discuss?

<MichaelC> [DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines Checklist

The checklist has a URL in the wiki/agenda

I added a few things yesterday, such as if technology provides an API

does this API rely on user interfaces for generating data

if Tech defines transmission protocol, this protocol allows third party assistive tech

Do accessible alternatives meet the requirements

I'm working on filling the gaps within the checklist

The i18n checklist has two columns, I don't think we have comprehensive background reading material, so we may not need the second column

I may include some logic to hide columns when not needed.

JS: we should be referencing people to the Maur (sp?) and the checklist

MC: in some places, we may reference people to additional checklists where needed.

<MichaelC> Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines

I'm still referencing the core guidelines of web technologies, the checklist has become a larger priority

I tried to categorize the documents into a harmonious collection with lists of collected user needs.

Other Business

JS: Is there any other business? No? we are done today

zakim bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: 2104 to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/11/16 17:36:48 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: tdrake
Inferring ScribeNick: tdrake
Default Present: Janina, MichielBijl, tdrake, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC
Present: Janina MichielBijl tdrake Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC
Found Date: 16 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: 2104

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]