IRC log of apa on 2016-10-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:49:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:49:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:49:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:49:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:49:10 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:49:10 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:49:11 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:49:11 [trackbot]
Date: 26 October 2016
15:49:29 [janina]
15:49:34 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:49:34 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:49:34 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs)
15:49:34 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR
15:49:35 [janina]
agenda+ APA's Accessibility Checklist [See Below]
15:49:36 [janina]
agenda+ MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [See Below]
15:49:39 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:49:41 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:51:41 [janina]
zakim, next item
15:51:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
15:51:49 [janina]
present+ Janina
15:51:53 [janina]
Chair: Janina
15:54:42 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
15:59:03 [Rich]
present+ Rich-Schwerdtfeger
16:00:20 [MichielBijl]
present+ MichielBijl
16:00:34 [MichaelC]
16:02:13 [MichaelC]
16:09:57 [Ryladog_]
Ryladog_ has joined #apa
16:10:14 [Ryladog_]
Present+ Katie_Haritos-Shea
16:10:15 [MichielBijl]
scribe: MichielBijl
16:11:13 [MichielBijl]
Topic: agenda review
16:11:27 [MichielBijl]
JS: More discussion on survey form to share with spec writers
16:11:43 [MichielBijl]
…where we would think they there will be accessibility concerns
16:11:58 [MichielBijl]
…output from discussions last couple years
16:12:06 [MichielBijl]
CSS WG (?) has something similar
16:12:24 [MichielBijl]
It’ll stay on the agenda till finished.
16:12:37 [MichielBijl]
Anyone with anything to add?
16:12:37 [LJWatson]
LJWatson has joined #apa
16:12:39 [MichielBijl]
Any news?
16:13:07 [MichielBijl]
LW: Looks like HTML 5.1 will get directors approval this week and will be published next week.
16:13:28 [LJWatson]
present+ LJWatson
16:13:34 [MichielBijl]
zakim, take up next item
16:13:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "next and future meetings" taken up [from janina]
16:13:42 [janina]
ProposaL: APA will NOT meet on 23 November and 21 & 28 December.
16:13:43 [janina]
Meetings in 2017 will begin 4 January.
16:14:14 [MichielBijl]
JS: This is standard practice
16:14:22 [MichielBijl]
Would resume on 4th of January
16:14:32 [MichielBijl]
Anyone with have a problem with that calendar?
16:14:45 [MichielBijl]
Okay, hearing none lets move on.
16:14:58 [MichielBijl]
KHS: Yeah, no priblem
16:15:04 [MichielBijl]
16:15:13 [MichielBijl]
zakim, take up next item
16:15:13 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Actions Checkin (Specs)" taken up [from janina]
16:15:25 [MichielBijl]
JS: Michael, action!
16:15:34 [MichielBijl]
action 297(?)
16:15:57 [MichielBijl]
MC: was a timeline on it, if you’re busy it’s okay
16:16:07 [Ted__]
Ted__ has joined #APA
16:16:08 [MichielBijl]
JS: There is something, want to re-read the whole thing
16:16:22 [Ted__]
present+ Ted
16:16:52 [LJWatson]
16:16:52 [trackbot]
action-2097 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review webrtc 1.0: real-time communication between browsers -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:16:52 [trackbot]
16:17:07 [MichielBijl]
16:17:07 [trackbot]
action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:17:07 [trackbot]
16:17:34 [MichielBijl]
MC: Should we leave Ted’s?
16:17:40 [MichielBijl]
He just joined!
16:17:47 [MichielBijl]
TD: Went through the comments
16:17:59 [MichielBijl]
Looked like what we were asking for
16:18:13 [MichielBijl]
Have to see if any action was taking on it
16:18:17 [MichielBijl]
It looks good
16:18:24 [MichielBijl]
Looks reasonable
16:18:29 [MichielBijl]
Wondering what the action is
16:18:33 [MichielBijl]
Not sure what the conflict is
16:18:48 [Ted__]
16:18:51 [MichielBijl]
MC: Would be useful to see if understanding from comment is same as understanding from comment
16:19:15 [MichielBijl]
TD: Kind of the conflict going on is with parsing
16:19:23 [MichielBijl]
Didn’t seem reasonable
16:19:43 [MichielBijl]
*explains use case*
16:19:49 [MichielBijl]
I’m interested in Micro pub
16:19:59 [MichielBijl]
Don’t mind looking through the conte t
16:20:10 [MichielBijl]
MC: Will look at it next week
16:20:26 [MichaelC]
16:20:26 [trackbot]
action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:20:26 [trackbot]
16:20:42 [MichielBijl]
MC: We need to recruit *laughs*
16:20:55 [MichielBijl]
Let’s put on planning agenda for next week
16:21:17 [MichielBijl]
16:21:17 [trackbot]
action-2090 -- Janina Sajka to Review portable web publications use cases and requirements -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:21:17 [trackbot]
16:21:27 [MichielBijl]
JS: That was nice
16:21:46 [MichielBijl]
It’s a requirements document, it’s very thorough.
16:21:53 [MichielBijl]
Web accessibility is well represented
16:22:00 [MichielBijl]
MC: Will put in Wiki
16:22:06 [MichielBijl]
We can close this action
16:22:12 [MichaelC]
close action-2090
16:22:12 [trackbot]
Closed action-2090.
16:22:20 [MichielBijl]
16:22:20 [trackbot]
action-2086 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Review input events -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
16:22:20 [trackbot]
16:22:41 [MichielBijl]
RS: Haven’t done that yet
16:22:50 [MichielBijl]
MC: Is there a timeline on this?
16:22:56 [MichielBijl]
No there isn’t a special timeline
16:23:12 [MichielBijl]
RS: I’ll try to do that
16:23:17 [MichielBijl]
16:23:17 [trackbot]
action-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app manifest comments are dealt with -- due 2016-08-17 -- OPEN
16:23:17 [trackbot]
16:23:30 [MichielBijl]
MC: Getting more stale
16:23:48 [MichielBijl]
I believe…
16:23:50 [MichielBijl]
I believe…
16:24:18 [MichielBijl]
16:24:18 [trackbot]
action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
16:24:18 [trackbot]
16:24:25 [MichielBijl]
MC: We’ll leave that open
16:24:35 [MichielBijl]
JS: A little longer, but not a lot longer, will need to read that too
16:24:39 [MichielBijl]
16:24:44 [MichielBijl]
16:24:44 [trackbot]
action-2029 -- John Foliot to Review discovery & registration of multimodal modality components: state handling -- due 2016-10-20 -- OPEN
16:24:44 [trackbot]
16:24:50 [MichielBijl]
MC: Leave open?
16:24:52 [MichielBijl]
JS: yeah
16:24:55 [MichielBijl]
16:24:55 [trackbot]
action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review shadow dom -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
16:24:55 [trackbot]
16:25:06 [MichielBijl]
MC: Is this urgent?
16:25:13 [MichielBijl]
JS: Don’t recall status
16:25:19 [MichielBijl]
MC: Re-assigned from Cynthia
16:25:24 [MichielBijl]
Can let it sit
16:25:26 [MichielBijl]
JS: Okay
16:25:36 [MichielBijl]
16:25:36 [trackbot]
action-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on media source extensions -- due 2016-08-04 -- OPEN
16:25:36 [trackbot]
16:25:46 [MichielBijl]
MC: leave it
16:25:51 [MichielBijl]
16:25:51 [trackbot]
action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN
16:25:51 [trackbot]
16:25:58 [MichielBijl]
JS: Will ping her
16:26:05 [MichielBijl]
Have updated it
16:26:10 [MichielBijl]
zakim, take up next item
16:26:10 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "new on TR" taken up [from janina]
16:26:19 [MichielBijl]
MC: There are 14!
16:26:31 [MichielBijl]
Need to reply to ambient light
16:26:37 [MichielBijl]
Same for audio devices
16:26:50 [MichielBijl]
CSS Scroll Snap Module level 1
16:26:51 [MichaelC]
-> CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1
16:27:04 [MichielBijl]
We decided we wanted to have the CSS TF to look at it
16:27:12 [MichielBijl]
It has gone to REC, but haven’t looked
16:27:18 [MichielBijl]
JS: We need to recruit…
16:27:47 [MichielBijl]
MC: Not sure we checked
16:27:53 [MichielBijl]
Should we create an action?
16:28:20 [MichaelC]
action: janina to get CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1 into CSS TF radar
16:28:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2098 - Get css scroll snap module level 1 into css tf radar [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-02].
16:28:24 [MichaelC]
16:28:24 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2098 Get css scroll snap module level 1 into css tf radar.
16:28:50 [MichielBijl]
MC: Next one: CSS Table Module Level 3
16:28:54 [MichielBijl]
First public working draft
16:28:55 [MichaelC]
-> CSS Table Module Level 3
16:29:00 [MichielBijl]
JS: So we have some time?
16:29:15 [MichielBijl]
Should we assign an action?
16:29:27 [MichielBijl]
MC: There is a big banner that covers a large part of my screen.
16:29:48 [MichielBijl]
MC: We’ll defer for now
16:30:13 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to ping review of CSS Table Module Level 3 - due 15 Feb
16:30:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2099 - Ping review of css table module level 3 [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-15].
16:30:38 [MichielBijl]
Generic Sensor API
16:30:46 [MichielBijl]
Media Source Extensions
16:30:56 [MichielBijl]
MC: One of the ones I’m sitting on
16:31:00 [MichielBijl]
Pub sub(?)
16:31:05 [MichaelC]
-> PubSub
16:31:15 [MichielBijl]
First public working draft
16:31:34 [MichielBijl]
MC: Would like Shane to do it
16:31:51 [MichielBijl]
As in, Shane knows how to translate
16:32:04 [MichielBijl]
JS: Extended time period but put on Shane
16:32:16 [MichielBijl]
MC: 2-3 months?
16:32:18 [MichaelC]
action: shane to review PubSub - due 3 months
16:32:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2100 - Review pubsub [on Shane McCarron - due 2017-01-26].
16:32:19 [MichielBijl]
JS: 3 months is fine
16:33:02 [MichielBijl]
Service Workers 1
16:33:09 [MichielBijl]
JS: Think Léonie can be of help
16:33:15 [MichielBijl]
LW: Possible not actually
16:33:26 [MichielBijl]
Not a spec I have a great deal to do with out the three of us
16:33:30 [MichaelC]
-> Service Workers 1
16:33:57 [MichielBijl]
JS: So we don’t know who to assign to?
16:34:06 [MichielBijl]
LW: My hunch is that we don’t have to look at it
16:34:13 [MichielBijl]
Will check with other co-chairs
16:34:18 [MichielBijl]
JS: That’s perferct
16:34:33 [MichielBijl]
TD: Not volunteering, but…
16:35:01 [MichielBijl]
Will see a lot of people using it in the coming years
16:35:33 [MichielBijl]
MC: Could give you an action to have someone on your team to look at it
16:35:48 [MichielBijl]
JS: Lets give Léonie an action and let her do her thing
16:35:57 [MichaelC]
action: watson to check with web platform chairs about a11y implications of service workers
16:35:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2101 - Check with web platform chairs about a11y implications of service workers [on Léonie Watson - due 2016-11-02].
16:36:17 [MichielBijl]
LW: Week should be fine, thanks
16:36:18 [MichaelC]
16:36:19 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2101 Check with web platform chairs about a11y implications of service workers
16:36:31 [MichielBijl]
MC: Next spec: spacial data on the web best practices
16:36:36 [MichielBijl]
Is a working group note
16:36:36 [MichaelC]
-> Spatial Data on the Web Best Practices
16:36:39 [MichielBijl]
No working drafts
16:36:53 [MichielBijl]
Guess we can skip this
16:36:56 [MichielBijl]
JS: yeah
16:37:00 [MichielBijl]
Unless anyone objects
16:37:16 [MichielBijl]
MC: Not sure what we did with other spacial specs
16:37:20 [MichielBijl]
Next is…
16:37:26 [MichielBijl]
another note
16:37:32 [MichaelC]
-> Spatial Data on the Web Use Cases & Requirements
16:37:46 [MichielBijl]
MC: Let’s see if they intend to do something with it
16:37:57 [MichielBijl]
JS: Give it to me, give me two weeks
16:38:21 [MichaelC]
action: janina to review Spatial Data on the Web Use Cases & Requirements - due 2 weeks
16:38:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2102 - Review spatial data on the web use cases & requirements [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-09].
16:38:59 [MichaelC]
16:38:59 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2102 Review spatial data on the web use cases & requirements
16:39:15 [MichielBijl]
MC: Next up “Why is this open”
16:39:48 [MichielBijl]
UI events code values
16:39:54 [MichielBijl]
Rich you are reviewing?
16:39:55 [MichaelC]
-> UI Events KeyboardEvent code Values
16:39:58 [MichielBijl]
RS: Stuck in the review
16:40:05 [MichielBijl]
MC: Does APA care?
16:40:15 [MichielBijl]
RS: Aren’t those the values you assign to keys?
16:40:24 [MichielBijl]
LW: Yeah, like keyCodes
16:40:34 [MichielBijl]
RS: Not sure that’s an issue for us
16:41:44 [MichielBijl]
MC: Has this been updated since 15th of December?
16:41:49 [MichielBijl]
LW: Key values?
16:41:55 [MichielBijl]
RS: Looking at keyevents
16:42:09 [MichielBijl]
LW: They got changed from DOM Level 3 to keyevents
16:42:17 [Rich]
16:42:36 [MichielBijl]
MC: there is a dated URI on TR
16:42:46 [MichielBijl]
Something has not gone right
16:42:56 [MichielBijl]
Dated URI:
16:42:57 [MichaelC]
-> UI Events KeyboardEvent key Values
16:43:13 [MichielBijl]
Is APA going to track this?
16:43:34 [MichielBijl]
JS: Think we’re comfortable with what ARIA decides to do with it.
16:43:58 [MichaelC]
-> Vehicle Signal Server Specification
16:44:20 [MichielBijl]
“The W3C Vehicle Signal Server Specification defines a WebSocket based API that enables client applications to GET, SET, SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE to vehicle signals and data attributes.”
16:44:33 [MichaelC]
action: janina to review Vehicle Signal Server Specification
16:44:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2103 - Review vehicle signal server specification [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-11-02].
16:44:38 [MichielBijl]
JS: Think it relates to personalisation
16:44:41 [MichielBijl]
Give it to me
16:44:53 [MichielBijl]
Need some time, how about 16th of November
16:44:56 [MichaelC]
action-2103 due 16 Nov
16:44:56 [trackbot]
Set action-2103 Review vehicle signal server specification due date to 2016-11-16.
16:45:15 [MichaelC]
16:45:15 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2103 Review vehicle signal server specification.
16:45:19 [MichielBijl]
MC: That clears TR!
16:45:23 [MichielBijl]
*crowd goes wild*
16:45:27 [MichielBijl]
zakim, take up next item
16:45:27 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "APA's Accessibility Checklist" taken up [from See Below]
16:46:12 [MichielBijl]
s/CSS WG/websec/
16:46:24 [MichielBijl]
JS: Main concern is what we do with our list
16:46:34 [MichielBijl]
What to send to other groups when they’re formed
16:46:54 [MichielBijl]
Question is, is what Michael drafted sufficient, what is missing?
16:47:07 [MichielBijl]
MC: Don’t think it’s sufficient, so want to know what is missing.
16:47:50 [MichielBijl]
KHS: Also sent a suggestion on the data format, might be relevant as well.
16:47:56 [MichielBijl]
JS: I missed that, I’m sorry
16:48:05 [MichielBijl]
KHS: Might have sent that directly to you
16:48:18 [MichielBijl]
There is a requirement for health data
16:48:30 [MichielBijl]
They must be accessible when transferred or viewed
16:48:43 [MichielBijl]
Should meet—I think—WCAG Level A.
16:48:48 [MichielBijl]
JS: So a US alw?
16:48:54 [MichielBijl]
16:51:01 [MichielBijl]
JS: Is this a user requirement, more than a spec req?
16:51:54 [MichielBijl]
KHS: So when I change insurance company, they need to give me my health record, it’s now digital. Anyone should be able to look at it, it must be accessible.
16:52:04 [MichielBijl]
JS: Not clear how that affects the data format itself.
16:54:13 [janina]
16:55:08 [MichielBijl]
LW: Katie do you think this needs a new spec?
16:55:18 [MichielBijl]
KHS: No, think this should be on the accessibility checklist.
16:55:22 [Ryladog_]
One example of where there are data file WCAG2 legal requirements is in the ACA regulations in the US Federal government for Electronic Health Records (as part of the Affordable Health Care Act ACA) where there are certification and test requirements identified. In plain English, the regulation/rule requires that when patients need to access/use their EHR via viewing, downloading or transmitting that the resulting files MUST be WCAG 2 Level A (or AA) confo[CUT]
16:55:38 [Ryladog_]
Specifically the Certification Test Procedure says: The test procedure will evaluate the capability of the EHR technology to permit patients and their authorized representative(s) to view the provider’s name and office contact information and Common MU Data Set using ambulatory EHR technology; and the admission and discharge dates and locations, discharge instructions, and reason(s) for hospitalization, and the Common MU Data Set using inpatient EHR tech[CUT]
16:56:14 [Ryladog_]
16:56:24 [Ryladog_]
§170.314(e)(1) View, download and transmit
16:56:28 [MichielBijl]
JS: Needs more discussion
16:56:35 [Ryladog_]
§170.314(e)(1) View, download and transmit
16:57:22 [Ryladog_]
16:57:36 [Ryladog_]
Test Procedure for §170.314 (e)(1) View, download, and transmit to a 3rd party with edge protocol testing
16:57:45 [Ryladog_]
16:57:52 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes public
16:57:52 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', MichielBijl. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:57:56 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:57:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MichielBijl
16:58:25 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, stop