IRC log of apa on 2016-07-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:51:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:51:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:51:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:51:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:51:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:51:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:51:36 [trackbot]
Date: 27 July 2016
15:51:48 [janina]
15:51:58 [janina]
zakim, clear agenda
15:51:58 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:52:06 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:52:08 [janina]
agenda+ Payments Subteam WBS
15:52:11 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC 2016 Planning [See Below]
15:52:13 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs)
15:52:16 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR
15:52:18 [janina]
agenda+ Decision Policy Discussion (Continued)
15:52:21 [janina]
agenda+ CSS Task Force Progress [See Below]
15:52:23 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina [See Below]
15:52:26 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:52:28 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:52:31 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:52:43 [janina]
zakim, clear agenda
15:52:43 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:52:48 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:52:48 [janina]
agenda+ Payments Subteam WBS
15:52:48 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC 2016 Planning [See Below]
15:52:48 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs)
15:52:50 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR
15:52:53 [janina]
agenda+ Decision Policy Discussion (Continued)
15:52:55 [janina]
agenda+ CSS Task Force Progress [See Below]
15:52:58 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina [See Below]
15:53:00 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:53:03 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:53:05 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:54:04 [janina]
15:54:22 [janina]
present+ Janina
15:54:28 [janina]
Chair: Janina
15:54:35 [janina]
zakim, next item
15:54:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
15:59:03 [janina]
regrets: Cynthia, Fred, Gottfried
16:01:16 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
16:01:27 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #apa
16:01:49 [Ryladog]
Present+ Katie_Haritos-Shea
16:02:15 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #apa
16:03:30 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC, Mary Jo Mueller
16:03:42 [MichaelC]
16:04:54 [janina]
zakim, pick a victim
16:04:54 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Janina
16:05:05 [janina]
zakim, pick a victim
16:05:05 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Joanmarie_Diggs
16:05:45 [MichaelC]
scribe: Ryladog
16:06:15 [Ryladog]
zakim, next item
16:06:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Payments Subteam WBS" taken up [from janina]
16:06:51 [Ryladog]
JS: CFC discussion
16:07:04 [Ryladog]
JS: Do you have any suggested changes to agenda?
16:07:08 [Ryladog]
JS: News?
16:07:31 [Ryladog]
JS: Payments Subteam WBS
16:09:13 [Ryladog_]
Ryladog_ has joined #apa
16:09:30 [Ryladog_]
JS; Katie can you look at the new times
16:09:44 [Ryladog_]
zakim, next item
16:09:44 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "TPAC 2016 Planning" taken up [from See Below]
16:10:46 [Ryladog_]
JS: Nothong new to add. Looking at who we want to meet with.Too many. I am prioritizing. First is CSS, then Security
16:11:15 [Ryladog_]
JS: Then we ill talk about horizontal review but may be on Wed
16:11:45 [Ryladog_]
JS: We are not the only group that do horizontal review - will talk with others about those commonalities
16:11:59 [Ryladog_]
JS: Questions?
16:12:01 [Ryladog_]
zakim, next item
16:12:01 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Actions Checkin (Specs)" taken up [from janina]
16:12:28 [Ryladog_]
MC: 2069 on Janina
16:12:40 [Ryladog_]
JS: I did look at that, getting a URI for us
16:12:41 [janina]
16:13:17 [Ryladog_]
JS: That email is the last conversation. I think we need to look at the spec to see if we are happy with what they put in
16:13:55 [Ryladog_]
JS: We suggested SVG, and am not sure if they did that. I think someone else wjo can see to review if the description is sufficient
16:14:06 [Ryladog_]
MC: Is this from them?
16:14:24 [Ryladog_]
JS: Yes. Chaals jumped in to respond
16:14:52 [Ryladog_]
MC: We now want to get feedback from other on if the description is suffiicant
16:15:22 [Ryladog_]
MC: I suppose I could take the action but it will take at least a week
16:15:35 [Ryladog_]
JS: A week might be oK
16:15:50 [Ryladog_]
MC: In principle a week would be OK I think
16:16:16 [Ryladog_]
JS: Reassign 2069 to MC
16:17:05 [Ryladog_]
MC: 2063 on Janina
16:17:26 [Ryladog_]
JS: Internationalization - leave it open for now
16:17:28 [janina]
16:17:53 [Ryladog_]
JS: Here is a pointer, I did my action, this is the email. Is it adequate?
16:18:07 [Ryladog_]
JS: Does that meet our desire?
16:18:28 [Ryladog_]
MC: I would say yes. They may not like the wording exactly but they can wordsmith
16:19:55 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
16:20:17 [Ryladog_]
KHS: Can we look now?
16:20:20 [Ryladog_]
JS: Yes
16:20:29 [Ryladog_]
KHS: It look good to me
16:20:40 [Ryladog_]
MC: Then should we take it to a CFC?
16:21:03 [Rich]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:21:25 [Ryladog_]
RESOLUTION: Take Janina's draft email for action 2067
16:21:51 [Ryladog_]
RESOLUTION: Take Janina's draft email to CfC for action 2067
16:21:59 [Ryladog_]
zakim, next item
16:21:59 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Decision Policy Discussion (Continued)" taken up [from janina]
16:22:22 [Ryladog_]
zakim, close this item
16:22:22 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
16:22:23 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:22:23 [Zakim]
7. CSS Task Force Progress [from See Below via janina]
16:22:38 [Ryladog_]
zakim, take up item 5
16:22:38 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "new on TR" taken up [from janina]
16:23:00 [MichaelC]
-> Custom Elements
16:23:49 [Ryladog_]
MC: Custom elements - we said in march that this is bog and scary. Shan suggested Steve F to check it. But I dont think we did anything about it
16:23:55 [Ryladog_]
JS: It went to who?
16:24:01 [Ryladog_]
MC: Web paltform
16:24:20 [Ryladog_]
MC: Should we create an action to check with Leonie and Steve?
16:24:27 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to check with Léonie and Steve on Custom Elements
16:24:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2075 - Check with léonie and steve on custom elements [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-08-03].
16:25:24 [Ryladog_]
MC: Next encrypted media extension action from 3 weeks ago for John to see if GH has been opened
16:25:30 [Ryladog_]
JS: CR right?
16:25:34 [Ryladog_]
MC: Yes
16:25:51 [Ryladog_]
MC: No earlier than 2 August - any day
16:26:00 [Ryladog_]
JS: OK reassign that to me
16:26:37 [Ryladog_]
JS: We were expecting some language to be added to that spec - if its hter we may be done
16:26:55 [MichaelC]
-> Linked Data Notifications
16:26:56 [Ryladog_]
MC: Linked Data Notifications, a First PWD
16:27:19 [Ryladog_]
MC: Shane would say we dont worry about this
16:27:23 [Ryladog_]
JS: I agree
16:28:06 [ShaneM]
present+ ShaneM
16:28:10 [Ryladog_]
MC: Media Source Extensions: We just looked at that
16:28:18 [Ryladog_]
JS: Who joined?
16:28:36 [Ryladog_]
SHane: Im here
16:28:48 [MichaelC]
-> ODRL Information Model
16:28:49 [Ryladog_]
MC: ODRL Model
16:29:11 [Ryladog_]
MC: Permissions and Obligations Exprressions
16:29:29 [Ryladog_]
JS: A way of doing DRM
16:29:41 [Ryladog_]
SM: Digital rights
16:29:53 [Ryladog_]
MC: the acronym is not clear
16:30:29 [Ryladog_]
JS: they should do it, but not worth being a group comment. This is old, not new, used by Dasiy
16:30:43 [Ryladog_]
JS: Used by OEBF
16:31:10 [Ryladog_]
MC: This document is a First Public WD published last week - it is Rec track
16:31:22 [Ryladog_]
MC: It is a new dependency speficication
16:31:37 [Ryladog_]
JS: We would like our digital book folks to look at
16:31:38 [MichaelC]
-> ODRL Vocabulary & Expression
16:31:40 [ShaneM]
Submitted an issue about the expansion of ODRL
16:31:50 [Ryladog_]
MC: I assume our siggestion might be the asme for these two
16:32:13 [Ryladog_]
MC: My guess is that we dont need to worrry about this - but I have a niggling thought
16:33:03 [Ryladog_]
JS: I see it as proprietary - I think Daisy uses it - it might be used by Library of Congress is using this - which I am happy with
16:33:44 [Ryladog_]
JS: It might be more applicable now in other media situation - now maybe applicable to movies etc
16:34:06 [Ryladog_]
JS: Having trouble calling up 15 year old memories.
16:34:29 [Ryladog_]
JS: Put this on me until the end of August, make it the 24th
16:34:54 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to review ODRL Vocabulary & Expression and ODRL Information Model - due 24 Aug
16:34:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2076 - Review odrl vocabulary & expression and odrl information model [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-08-24].
16:35:39 [Ryladog_]
MC: POE Use cases and Requirments
16:35:45 [MichaelC]
-> POE Use Cases and Requirements
16:35:57 [Ryladog_]
SC: Same working group
16:36:39 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to review POE Use Cases and Requirements - due 24 Aug
16:36:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2077 - Review poe use cases and requirements [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-08-24].
16:36:46 [Ryladog_]
MC: It went to too quicjly we were not given the opportuntiy to submit a Use case - or review a draft - on Janina
16:37:07 [Ryladog_]
MC: XML Inclusion 1.1
16:37:14 [MichaelC]
-> XML Inclusions (XInclude) Version 1.1
16:37:55 [Ryladog_]
MC: My view is we dont need to review
16:38:07 [Ryladog_]
JS: I agree as does Shane
16:38:36 [MichaelC]
-> XProc 2.0: An XML Pipeline Language
16:38:37 [Ryladog_]
MC: XPROC 2.0 and XML Pipeline Langaug
16:38:49 [MichaelC]
-> XProc 2.0: Standard Step Library
16:39:21 [Ryladog_]
MC: Pipeline language for operation to be performed on documents
16:39:40 [Ryladog_]
MC: Step Library descrribeds the Standard Step Vocabulary
16:39:47 [Ryladog_]
JS: No interest for us
16:40:10 [Ryladog_]
MC: Could it interfere with transcribing tools?
16:40:27 [Ryladog_]
zakim, take up item 6
16:40:27 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Decision Policy Discussion (Continued)" taken up [from janina]
16:41:29 [Ryladog_]
JS: We talked about last week. Maybe there is more work for Jannina. Should we run comments to WGs through a formal CfC?
16:41:59 [Ryladog_]
JS: To be clear it is a group position. It is potentially additional work
16:43:02 [Ryladog_]
JS: There seems to be no length, maybe that time frames does matter. Recently we are having this discussion because we have not done that here
16:43:15 [Ryladog_]
JS: We wanted to keep red tape lo
16:43:47 [Ryladog_]
JS: We should at least do a trial. I expect we will use this one through next week
16:44:00 [Ryladog_]
KHS: I think doing a trial is fine
16:44:31 [Ryladog_]
JS: That is a decision.
16:44:43 [ShaneM]
+1 to not needing a CfC to decide to use our CfC policy
16:44:56 [Ryladog_]
MC: Your abandoning the WG not adding any more input?
16:45:31 [Ryladog_]
MC: I thought that we would still say something. We do not need to add a CfC too a trail, but after it might make sense
16:45:56 [Ryladog_]
MC: I never read it as we need to go through CfC for every WG comment
16:46:40 [Ryladog_]
JS: Lets do it after we trial for a while. Someone suggested until the end of the year. I think that is reasonable
16:46:55 [Ryladog_]
zakim, take up item 7
16:46:55 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "CSS Task Force Progress" taken up [from See Below via janina]
16:47:52 [Ryladog_]
JS: That is still in my drafting editor. I iwll have it finished when MC comes back
16:48:27 [MichaelC]
-> Draft CSS charter
16:49:44 [Ryladog_]
MC: One small update, the charter has a new statement that....
16:50:50 [Ryladog_]
JS: Well good, I will be able to support that. That is very helpful to hear
16:51:05 [Ryladog_]
zakim, take up item 8
16:51:05 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina" taken up [from See Below via janina]
16:51:22 [Ryladog_]
zakim, take up item 9
16:51:22 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
16:51:39 [Ryladog_]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:51:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Ryladog_
16:53:24 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
16:56:34 [Ryladog_]
rrsagent, please part
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in :
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Janina to check with Léonie and Steve on Custom Elements [1]
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Janina to review ODRL Vocabulary & Expression and ODRL Information Model - due 24 Aug [2]
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Janina to review POE Use Cases and Requirements - due 24 Aug [3]
16:56:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in