IRC log of browserext on 2016-07-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

01:23:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #browserext
01:23:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/07/21-browserext-irc
01:23:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #browserext
01:23:34 [Florian]
Meeting: Browser Extension CG teleconf
01:23:45 [Florian]
Chair: Florian
01:23:56 [Florian]
Scribenick: Florian
01:29:02 [mikepie]
mikepie has joined #browserext
01:31:17 [aswan]
present+aswan
01:31:34 [kris]
kris has joined #browserext
01:31:42 [mikepie]
present + mikepie
01:31:48 [kris]
present + kris
01:31:49 [Florian]
Present+ Florian
01:31:57 [kmag]
present + kmag
01:32:50 [Florian]
Topic: Status update
01:33:12 [Florian]
mikepie: Follow up registration of the protocol handler
01:33:21 [Florian]
mikepie: waiting to hear from Shwetank
01:33:28 [Florian]
mikepie: Have not hear back
01:33:35 [Florian]
mikepie: I'll ping him
01:33:48 [andrey-r]
andrey-r has joined #browserext
01:34:33 [Florian]
Florian: it would be polite. By our rules, we silence implies agreement, so we can move forward anyway
01:34:51 [Florian]
mikepie: I'll try to check with him when his back, and submit in a week if I don't hear back
01:35:56 [Florian]
Florian: aswan is now a member, so he can edit the spec I've set up. I just need to know your github id.
01:36:05 [Florian]
aswan: it is aswan.
01:37:25 [Florian]
Florian: I think we had a dependency on WebIDL, was that the case, and what's the status?
01:38:29 [Florian]
http://browserext.github.io/minutes/
01:38:50 [Florian]
kmag: I think we wanted to change something in the mail, but I don't remember what. Looking at the minutes.
01:39:22 [Florian]
kmag: But I think we're actually blocked on that, any feedback would be minor changes.
01:39:58 [Florian]
Florian: So we can get going on the specs.
01:40:23 [Florian]
Topic: TPAC meeting
01:42:04 [Florian]
andrey-r: I saw our meeting was confirmed, great.
01:42:20 [Florian]
Florian: There's a new scheduling conflict with a DPUB event. Should we reschedule?
01:42:24 [Florian]
all: no, it's ok.
01:42:34 [Florian]
RESOLUTION: Keep the TPAC meeting schedule
01:42:59 [Florian]
Proposed additional agenda items: https://github.com/browserext/browserext.github.io/issues/9
01:44:05 [Florian]
Topic: WebDriver additions for Extensions
01:44:42 [Florian]
mikepie: We will eventually want to develop an automated test suite to validate extension hosts
01:45:03 [Florian]
mikepie: to do that, there's somethings that we need that you cannot do with Webdriver
01:45:11 [Florian]
mikepie: you can already install an extension
01:45:26 [Florian]
mikepie: but you cannot interact with popups, or activate the extension
01:45:43 [Florian]
Florian: I agree this is needed.
01:46:04 [Florian]
Florian: did you have concrete proposals on the missing pieces
01:46:07 [andrey-r]
I agree as well wptdriver support would be very much welcome
01:46:14 [Florian]
mikepie: I have written a document, I can share it
01:46:16 [kmag]
http://rawgit.com/dhbrett/webdriver/extensions_reduced/webdriver-spec.html
01:46:46 [Florian]
andrey-r: Great idea, I need it as well.
01:47:29 [Florian]
mikepie: not sure what the next step is
01:48:27 [Florian]
mikepie: the document share above is has extensions over the original one
01:49:34 [Florian]
Florian: the proper way would be to follow their group's practices, and either send a pull request, or a mail to their list.
01:49:47 [Florian]
mikepie: I have colleagues involved, I'll check with them
01:49:56 [Florian]
kmag: we should get developer feedback as well
01:50:00 [Florian]
mikepie: will do
01:50:41 [Florian]
ACTION mikepie to post this to the browserext and webdriver group for comments
01:51:50 [Florian]
Florian: we may want to chime in the WebDriver meeting at TPAC as well.
01:52:00 [Florian]
mikepie: I think they're meeting on monday and tuesday
01:52:14 [Florian]
Florian: I can't attend then, but you don't need me
01:52:44 [Florian]
kmag: I should be able to attend if I can prepare early enough for travel
01:53:12 [andrey-r]
https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html
01:53:17 [Florian]
andrey-r: testing group meets on monday as well
01:57:14 [Florian]
RRSAgent, make log public
01:57:23 [Florian]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
01:57:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/21-browserext-minutes.html Florian
01:58:14 [Florian]
present+ andrey-r
01:58:17 [Florian]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
01:58:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/21-browserext-minutes.html Florian
01:58:49 [Florian]
RRSAgent, bye
01:58:49 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items