IRC log of i18n on 2016-06-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:31:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:31:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc
14:31:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:32:09 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:32:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:32:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:32:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
14:32:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:32:14 [trackbot]
Date: 02 June 2016
14:33:13 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016May/0033.html
14:33:31 [aphillip]
agenda+ RADAR and Active Work Review
14:33:50 [aphillip]
agenda+ Web Annotations (further discussion)
14:34:01 [aphillip]
agenda+ HTML 5.1 Review
14:34:24 [aphillip]
agenda+ How to stop WGs following the old LC model
14:34:39 [aphillip]
agenda+ proposed deprecation: Dates and Time
14:34:56 [aphillip]
Regrets+ Felix
14:35:02 [aphillip]
Regrets+ JcK
14:35:19 [aphillip]
Regrets+ Steve
14:35:41 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:35:45 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
14:35:49 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
14:36:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:46:06 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18n
14:59:45 [Steve_Atkin]
Steve_Atkin has joined #i18n
15:03:57 [r12a]
present+
15:04:00 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
15:04:02 [Zakim]
Present: r12a
15:04:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Steve_Atkin, fsasaki, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, najib, r12a, bigbluehat, koji, trackbot
15:04:04 [aphillip_]
aphillip_ has joined #i18n
15:04:07 [r12a]
regrets?
15:04:13 [r12a]
zakim, regrets?
15:04:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, r12a.
15:04:33 [fsasaki]
regrets+ felix
15:05:01 [aphillip_]
agenda?
15:05:20 [aphillip_]
Topic: Agenda
15:05:24 [aphillip_]
Topic: Action Items
15:05:31 [aphillip_]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:06:25 [aphillip_]
close action-174
15:06:25 [trackbot]
Closed action-174.
15:07:05 [aphillip_]
close action-363
15:07:05 [trackbot]
Closed action-363.
15:09:29 [aphillip_]
close action-524
15:09:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-524.
15:09:45 [aphillip_]
close action-525
15:09:45 [trackbot]
Closed action-525.
15:12:28 [aphillip_]
close action-527
15:12:28 [trackbot]
Closed action-527.
15:12:36 [aphillip_]
Topic: Info Share
15:12:51 [aphillip_]
ScribeNick: aphillip_
15:13:11 [r12a]
http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/
15:13:13 [aphillip_]
agenda?
15:13:20 [aphillip_]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:13:20 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "HTML 5.1 Review" taken up [from aphillip]
15:13:22 [aphillip_]
http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/
15:14:00 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/157
15:14:44 [aphillip_]
steve: the introduce a term "plain unicode string"
15:14:55 [aphillip_]
... is there a difference from just a string?
15:16:53 [aphillip_]
A Unicode or binary string, in some cases with a file name (itself a Unicode string), as per the drag data item kind.
15:17:06 [aphillip_]
richard: vote to send on
15:17:09 [aphillip_]
addison: +1
15:17:20 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/158
15:24:32 [aphillip_]
accesskey not validatable?
15:24:40 [aphillip_]
steve: propose text
15:24:59 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/159
15:27:33 [aphillip_]
addison: think case-insensitive is wrong here
15:27:44 [aphillip_]
richard: meant to say case sensitive
15:27:59 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/160
15:30:43 [aphillip_]
If the resulting value is not a recognized language tag, then it must be treated as an unknown language having the given language tag, distinct from all other languages. For the purposes of round-tripping or communicating with other services that expect language tags, user agents should pass unknown language tags through unmodified, and tagged as being BCP 47 language tags, so that subsequent services do not interpret the data as another type of language[CUT]
15:32:44 [aphillip_]
don't send 160
15:34:19 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/161
15:35:02 [aphillip_]
hasn't changed
15:35:25 [aphillip_]
not ideal situation, but based on previous disucssion, no change
15:35:32 [aphillip_]
don't send 161
15:35:35 [najib]
q+ about issue #159 (sorry)
15:35:52 [aphillip_]
ack najib
15:36:20 [aphillip_]
najib: doesn't matter about case, case insensitive, right?
15:36:49 [aphillip_]
addison: meant to be case insensitive
15:39:01 [aphillip_]
In the current HTML5.1 spec, the input type=datetime-local value is back. However the floating time language is present. Removing datetime-local from 5.0 may not have been the best move, since I later learned that type was widely used on mobile devices. So, we have interop with Edge, and Chrome implement, Firefox stable does not, not sure about Safari. Seems a little heavy-handed now to remove it.
15:40:21 [aphillip_]
action: addison: look into issue 123 and update as needed
15:40:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-528 - Look into issue 123 and update as needed [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-06-09].
15:41:13 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/122
15:44:04 [aphillip_]
forward 122
15:44:46 [aphillip_]
action: addison: forward issue 122 to html
15:44:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-529 - Forward issue 122 to html [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-06-09].
15:45:21 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/128
15:45:35 [aphillip_]
https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/230
15:46:04 [aphillip_]
agenda?
15:46:19 [r12a]
agenda?
15:46:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-minutes.html aphillip_
15:46:45 [aphillip_]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:46:45 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "How to stop WGs following the old LC model" taken up [from aphillip]
15:47:29 [najib]
:-)
15:48:04 [aphillip_]
action: addison: write to chairs@ with a note saying effectively "don't follow old LC model, giving us no time to react"
15:48:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-530 - Write to chairs@ with a note saying effectively "don't follow old lc model, giving us no time to react" [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-06-09].
15:48:20 [aphillip_]
richard: 1. have a look at self-review checklist
15:48:30 [aphillip_]
... and 2. and ask for review at FPWD
15:48:42 [aphillip_]
... and 3. don't leave a small amount of time before CR
15:50:10 [aphillip_]
addison: should horizontal review be a process step earlier??
15:53:19 [aphillip_]
action: richard: add big orange box link for "how to get a review" and pointer to spec dev
15:53:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-531 - Add big orange box link for "how to get a review" and pointer to spec dev [on Richard Ishida - due 2016-06-09].
15:53:38 [aphillip_]
agenda?
15:54:50 [aphillip_]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:54:50 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "proposed deprecation: Dates and Time" taken up [from aphillip]
15:56:27 [aphillip_]
addison: park new terminology here?
15:56:49 [aphillip_]
richard: inclined to put in a new location and put this out to pasture
15:57:06 [aphillip_]
https://www.w3.org/International/O-time
15:58:45 [aphillip_]
action: richard: send a note to www-international asking for last call on deprecation of O-time and deprecate if no objection
15:58:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-532 - Send a note to www-international asking for last call on deprecation of o-time and deprecate if no objection [on Richard Ishida - due 2016-06-09].
15:59:24 [aphillip_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:59:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Web Annotations (further discussion)" taken up [from aphillip]
15:59:47 [r12a]
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/227
16:14:23 [aphillip_]
(after discussion) just remove bogus normalizaiton requirement paragraph?
16:14:45 [aphillip_]
normalize to do comparisons
16:15:49 [aphillip_]
action: addison: update web-annotation 227 to say that WG thinks the normalization requirements should be removed and a health warning to do normalization on comparison might be needed
16:15:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-533 - Update web-annotation 227 to say that wg thinks the normalization requirements should be removed and a health warning to do normalization on comparison might be needed [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-06-09].
16:15:59 [aphillip_]
agenda?
16:16:11 [najib]
present+
16:16:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-minutes.html aphillip_
16:16:55 [aphillip_]
Present: Addison, Richard, Steve (partial), Najib
16:17:00 [aphillip_]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:17:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-minutes.html aphillip_
16:17:08 [aphillip_]
zakim, bye
16:17:08 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Addison, Richard, Steve, (partial), Najib
16:17:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:17:17 [aphillip_]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:17:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-minutes.html aphillip_
16:17:35 [aphillip_]
rrsagent, bye
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: look into issue 123 and update as needed [1]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T15-40-21
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: forward issue 122 to html [2]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T15-44-46
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: write to chairs@ with a note saying effectively "don't follow old LC model, giving us no time to react" [3]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T15-48-04
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: richard: add big orange box link for "how to get a review" and pointer to spec dev [4]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T15-53-19
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: richard: send a note to www-international asking for last call on deprecation of O-time and deprecate if no objection [5]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T15-58-45
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: update web-annotation 227 to say that WG thinks the normalization requirements should be removed and a health warning to do normalization on comparison might be needed [6]
16:17:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/06/02-i18n-irc#T16-15-49
16:17:49 [najib]
najib has left #i18n