IRC log of coga on 2016-05-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
14:56:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-irc
15:51:21 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:55:32 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #COGA
16:01:20 [thaddeus]
thaddeus has joined #coga
16:01:26 [thaddeus]
+ Thadddeus
16:01:59 [kirkwood]
present + kirkwood
16:04:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
16:04:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:05:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:06:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
16:06:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table2<https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table1>
16:06:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page
16:06:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
16:06:44 [JohnRochford]
kirkwood: Distractions Issue Paper is done, uploaded, with all references.
16:07:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:07:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:07:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/distractions.html
16:07:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:08:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:08:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table2<https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table2
16:11:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html#provide-mechanisms-that-help-the-user-focus-and-restore-context-if-attention-is-lost.x
16:13:05 [JohnRochford]
Lisa is reviewing Table 2: Context and distractions (URL above)
16:15:25 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: We have a complex proposal at the end of the Distractions Issue Paper.
16:16:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:18:52 [thaddeus]
http://www.imore.com/how-restrict-access-specific-app-guided-access-iphone-and-ipad
16:19:19 [janina_]
present+ Janina
16:20:09 [JohnRochford]
Agent, an iOs and Android app that prevents texts and calls during meetings = http://tryagent.com/
16:20:20 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC
16:20:32 [JohnRochford]
present+
16:22:16 [JohnRochford]
Thaddeus: Just did a research paper on Anxiety, which may have overlap with Distractions Issue Paper.
16:26:41 [JohnRochford]
Status: Members are reviewing Table 2.
16:28:51 [JohnRochford]
Reviewing types of distractions, e.g., pop ups, auto play, social-media sidebars, adwords, sponsored content, moving/blinking, etc.
16:32:28 [JohnRochford]
kirkwood: Overlays are a "huge" issue. There are multiple ways of getting rid of an overlay, making doing so quite difficult.
16:33:41 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Perhaps we should have a AA or AAA that overlays should not be used.
16:35:45 [JohnRochford]
kirkwood: There should be a standard way to get rid of overlays.
16:37:24 [thaddeus]
I have to go to the dr appointment I mentioned. Feel free to assignment me any tasks. Have a good week!
16:37:41 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: We can create a standard mechanism / technique for closing an overlay.;
16:38:26 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Suggests a high-contrast "Close" button.
16:41:19 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Suggests overlays occur only on page load.
16:41:45 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Suggests overlays should be avoided.
16:47:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html#provide-mechanisms-that-help-the-user-focus-and-restore-context-if-attention-is-lost.x
16:50:19 [JohnRochford]
kirkwood: Agrees w/ Lisa that "sign posts" is a better term than "pointers" for restoring context.
16:52:09 [JohnRochford]
kirkwood: Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can be helpful.
16:53:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:54:12 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: We have a list of issues we have not yet addressed. See URL above.
16:55:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: john kirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:55:12 [trackbot]
'john' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, jkirkwoo, JohnRochford).
16:55:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: johnkirkwoo to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:55:21 [trackbot]
Error finding 'johnkirkwoo'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
16:55:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: johnkirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:55:46 [trackbot]
Error finding 'johnkirkwood'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
16:56:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: John_Kirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:56:20 [trackbot]
Error finding 'John_Kirkwood'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
16:57:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
ction: John-Kirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:58:04 [kirkwood]
action item shoud be for user name kirkwood not kirkwoo
16:58:04 [trackbot]
Error finding 'item'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
17:06:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/distractions.html
17:07:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:07:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:07:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:47:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
Lisa_Seeman has joined #coga
17:47:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:47:54 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Thadddeus, Janina, MichaelC, JohnRochford
17:47:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:48:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-actions.rdf :
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: john kirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues [1]
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-irc#T16-55-12
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: johnkirkwoo to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues [2]
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-irc#T16-55-21
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: johnkirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues [3]
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-irc#T16-55-46
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John_Kirkwood to add about Knowing the number of steps a process needs, before it starts, can hael with confidence that i can do a task to ttps://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues [4]
17:48:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/23-coga-irc#T16-56-20