IRC log of aria-apg on 2016-05-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #aria-apg
17:01:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-irc
17:01:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
17:01:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
17:01:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
17:01:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference
17:01:34 [trackbot]
Date: 09 May 2016
17:01:42 [jongund]
jongund has joined #aria-apg
17:02:06 [jongund]
present+ jongund
17:02:17 [MichielBijl]
mck: can you please include the correct meeting URL next e-mail?
17:02:24 [MichielBijl]
present+ MichielBijl
17:03:25 [annabbott]
annabbott has joined #aria-apg
17:04:18 [jemma]
present+ jemmaJaeunKu
17:04:33 [annabbott]
present+ AnnAbbott
17:04:55 [TeresaBoers]
TeresaBoers has joined #aria-apg
17:05:10 [annabbott]
present+ TeresaBoers
17:05:28 [annabbott]
present+ JonGunderson
17:07:35 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #aria-apg
17:07:37 [MichielBijl]
Zakim, set title ARIA Authoring Practices
17:07:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'set title ARIA Authoring Practices', MichielBijl
17:07:43 [Birkir]
Birkir has joined #aria-apg
17:08:03 [annabbott]
present+ Birkir
17:08:09 [MichielBijl]
https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/26
17:08:09 [IanPouncey]
present+ IanPouncey
17:08:32 [annabbott]
present+ MichielBijl
17:09:46 [MichielBijl]
mck: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/26
17:09:55 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes
17:09:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html MichielBijl
17:10:50 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, set title ARIA Authoring Practices
17:10:50 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'set title ARIA Authoring Practices', MichielBijl. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:11:11 [annabbott]
present+ MattKing
17:12:16 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, Meeting: ARIA Authoring Practices
17:12:16 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'Meeting: ARIA Authoring Practices', MichielBijl. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:12:27 [MichielBijl]
Meeting: ARIA Authoring Practices
17:12:36 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes
17:12:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html MichielBijl
17:12:56 [mck]
mck has joined #aria-apg
17:14:04 [MichielBijl]
chair: MattKing
17:14:09 [MichielBijl]
https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/26
17:14:16 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes
17:14:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html MichielBijl
17:14:36 [MichielBijl]
meeting: ARIA Authoring Practices
17:14:39 [MichielBijl]
RRSAgent, make minutes
17:14:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html MichielBijl
17:15:22 [bgaraventa1979]
bgaraventa1979 has joined #aria-apg
17:15:39 [mck]
Agenda+ Update on math role pattern GitHub issue 26 https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/26
17:15:41 [mck]
Agenda+ Review resolution of issue 25 "Rename tab panel design pattern" https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/25
17:15:42 [mck]
Agenda+ Review current revision of section 3.10 Dialog (Modal) https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria-practices/master/aria-practices.html#dialog_modal
17:15:42 [bgaraventa1979]
present+ Bryan_Garaventa
17:15:44 [mck]
Agenda+ Review status of current example development work https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/wiki/Design-Patterns-Status
17:16:45 [mck]
zakim, clear agenda
17:16:45 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
17:16:53 [mck]
Agenda+ Update on math role pattern GitHub issue 26 https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/26
17:16:55 [mck]
Agenda+ Review resolution of issue 25 "Rename tab panel design pattern" https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/25
17:16:56 [mck]
Agenda+ Review current revision of section 3.10 Dialog (Modal) https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria-practices/master/aria-practices.html#dialog_modal
17:16:58 [mck]
Agenda+ Review status of current example development work https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/wiki/Design-Patterns-Status
17:17:42 [mck]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:17:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html mck
17:18:23 [annabbott]
scribe: AnnAbbott
17:18:39 [MichielBijl]
Topic: Title of meeting: ARIA Authoring Practices
17:18:50 [annabbott]
Title of this meeting is wrong - this is the ARIA Authoring Practices
17:19:53 [annabbott]
next item
17:20:11 [mck]
q?
17:20:29 [jemma]
ack me
17:20:36 [annabbott]
next item
17:21:28 [annabbott]
JG: has not had time to check
17:21:56 [annabbott]
JG: successfully checked in some examples, however
17:22:05 [annabbott]
JG: estimates he needs 2 weeks more
17:22:15 [annabbott]
next item
17:23:41 [MichielBijl]
zakim, agenda item 2
17:23:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'agenda item 2', MichielBijl
17:23:55 [MichielBijl]
zakim, take up item 2
17:23:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review resolution of issue 25 "Rename tab panel design pattern" https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/25" taken up [from mck]
17:24:12 [mck]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria-practices/master/aria-practices.html#tabpanel
17:24:57 [MichielBijl]
http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#tabpanel
17:26:32 [annabbott]
mck: changed title to "Tabs"
17:26:51 [annabbott]
mck: from "Tab panel"
17:30:05 [jemma]
A tabbed interface is a set of layered sections of content, known as tab panels, that displays one panel of content at a time.
17:33:30 [annabbott]
mck & group: Tabs are a set of layered sections of content, known as tab panels, that display one panel of content at a time.
17:34:48 [annabbott]
MB: change "Terms for understanding Tab Panels include" to "Terms for understanding Tabs include"
17:36:21 [annabbott]
mck: change "Tabbed interface" to "Tabs or Tabbed interface"
17:39:57 [annabbott]
mck: change "A set of tabs and associated tab panels." to "A set of tab elements and associated tab panels"
17:41:13 [annabbott]
mck: change "Tab list" "The set of tabs" to "The set of tab elements"
17:41:47 [annabbott]
mck: need to ensure that using "Tab" , include "element"
17:42:30 [Birkir]
tabs is the name of the pattern, we need to make sure to refer to the multiple of "tab" as "tab elements", to avoid confusion.
17:43:09 [annabbott]
mck: remove the sentence referring to complex widget.
17:43:23 [MichielBijl]
mck: dump line: “A collection of tab elements and their associated tab panels is a complex widget, because it performs show/hide actions as well as moving the user's point of regard around within the content.”
17:43:27 [MichielBijl]
MB: done
17:43:54 [jemma]
A default tab is specified that is active when the tabbed interface component is initialized.
17:44:27 [jemma]
Ann and Teresa are asking about this.
17:44:46 [MichielBijl]
PROPOSAL: There should be one active tab element when the tabs are initialised.
17:45:06 [MichielBijl]
PROPOSAL: There should be one selected tab element when the tabs are initialised.
17:45:55 [MichielBijl]
s/PROPOSAL: There should be one selected tab element when the tabs are initialised.//
17:48:33 [annabbott]
mck: change " A default tab is specified that is active when the tabbed interface component is initialized." to "one tab element is active when the tabs are initialised.
17:49:52 [annabbott]
mck: will work on language for orientation
17:51:07 [mck]
i think my phone died ... one moment
17:52:19 [annabbott]
AA: I think terms that are aria roles should be links
17:52:26 [Birkir]
change "The active tab is placed into the tab order. " to "When a tab is activated, the previously active tab is removed from tab order and replaced by the activated tab."
17:56:08 [annabbott]
mck: working on keyboard section
17:56:19 [annabbott]
include link to "managing focus"
17:57:25 [annabbott]
MB: changing tab to tab element"
17:57:57 [annabbott]
MB: tab key references get confusing
17:58:41 [jemma]
birker has concerns about "The user reaches the tabbed panel component by pressing the tab key until the active tab title receives focus."
17:59:04 [annabbott]
mck: remove that sentence
18:00:12 [annabbott]
mck: tab key moves focus to the active tab element in the tab list
18:02:13 [annabbott]
MB: aria-labelledby is missing
18:02:27 [annabbott]
from tab panel
18:05:35 [jemma]
s/MB/Birkir
18:06:09 [annabbott]
take up item 3
18:07:33 [MichielBijl]
https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/pull/39
18:08:05 [annabbott]
JG: needs to leave call early and asking to review combo box examples next week
18:08:55 [annabbott]
mck: goal for dialog is just to log issues
18:09:29 [MichielBijl]
http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#dialog_modal
18:11:13 [annabbott]
mck: has not started combining under one section and then define specifics in subsections
18:12:10 [annabbott]
AA: second sentence is pretty confusing
18:13:38 [annabbott]
mck: last bullet in kbd section - want to delete "Enter"
18:16:46 [annabbott]
Group agrees as there is no special function of Enter in dialog
18:18:36 [annabbott]
Birkir: change "Escape: closes the dialog without taking any action" to "Escape: activates the close button".
18:20:32 [annabbott]
mck: thinks first bullet under Note needs example.
18:21:15 [MichielBijl]
MB: +1 to remove
18:22:36 [annabbott]
MB: or move first bullet to last bullet
18:22:53 [annabbott]
MB: make second bullet the first bullet
18:24:55 [annabbott]
mck: third bullet: add word 'typically'
18:25:22 [annabbott]
mck: initial focus should go to the least destructive action.
18:27:42 [annabbott]
mck: three or four more notes are possible for this section
18:28:26 [Birkir]
What about "If one of the dialog action items deletes or submits user data, but other options do not, make sure to place initial focus on one of the elements taht do not."
18:29:12 [annabbott]
Group agrees to delete first bullet - no objections
18:30:10 [annabbott]
jemma: looking for documentation on use of h1
18:30:59 [annabbott]
Birkir: what about focus going to dialog container?
18:31:06 [jemma]
*thanks, michiel
18:31:22 [MichielBijl]
https://dir.rawr.eu/research/dialog/index.html
18:35:56 [annabbott]
rsagent, make minutes
18:36:13 [MichielBijl]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:36:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-aria-apg-minutes.html MichielBijl
18:36:36 [mck]
zakim, bye
18:36:36 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been jaeunjemmaku, JamesNurthen, Michiel_Bijl, jongund, Bryan_Garaventa, JaEunKu, MichielBijl, jemmaJaeunKu, AnnAbbott, TeresaBoers,
18:36:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #aria-apg
18:36:39 [Zakim]
... JonGunderson, Birkir, IanPouncey, MattKing
18:37:47 [MichielBijl]
btw, Jemma, I pushed the Tabs changes.