IRC log of coga on 2016-04-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:25:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:25:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/04/18-coga-irc
15:27:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Susann Keohane ,E.A. Draffan, ayelet seeman
15:28:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
Meeting:The Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:28:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
15:28:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:28:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
15:28:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ proposal for wcag https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
15:28:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables for roadmap - https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html added to https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
15:28:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
(also see https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAGand https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html)
15:28:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page, discalilia shopping app, voice ml, globish etc
15:28:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:54:35 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #coga
15:56:55 [JF]
JF has joined #coga
15:58:51 [Chaohai_Ding]
Chaohai_Ding has joined #coga
16:00:13 [KurtM]
KurtM has joined #coga
16:00:29 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
16:00:36 [JF]
Present+ JF
16:01:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Susann Keohane ,E.A. Draffan, ayelet seeman, john rochford
16:01:43 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:02:03 [thaddeus]
thaddeus has joined #coga
16:02:20 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:02:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: mike_plike
16:02:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: mike_pluke
16:02:44 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
16:03:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item:
16:03:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
16:03:43 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "review actions, and timelines" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:04:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:05:30 [kirkwood]
kirkwood+present
16:05:41 [kirkwood]
present+kirkwood
16:05:56 [ddahl]
present+ Debbie_Dahl
16:06:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/symbols-non-verbal.html
16:07:01 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
16:07:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Pre-publication_checklist
16:08:35 [Mike_Pluke]
Symbols work from Chaohai ongoing - needs to be processed according to the checklist of how to format etc.
16:11:04 [Rich]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:11:56 [Mike_Pluke]
John's distractions section he has gone through the checklist waiting for second pull request
16:13:20 [ddahl]
original emotionML description https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2016Feb/0046.html
16:13:21 [Mike_Pluke]
Debbie - Emotional markup - not written an issue paper (but should close original action)
16:15:30 [Rich]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/links-buttons.html
16:15:30 [Mike_Pluke]
Rich - Links and Buttons - done link to follow
16:16:51 [Mike_Pluke]
Not just links and buttons (despite name)
16:17:34 [Mike_Pluke]
The potential features in section 11 is floating - but not removed because someone originally added it
16:18:32 [Mike_Pluke]
Rich suggesting that other documents should follow the proposal format that he has adopted
16:19:08 [Mike_Pluke]
Maybe the linksa nd buttons and "Easy personalisation" sections should be separated out as they are different
16:20:33 [Mike_Pluke]
Not everything has followed the original proposed "Issue Paper" template
16:21:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:22:59 [Mike_Pluke]
Personalization issue papers are, together, a mess - may ask Ayelet to rationalse these
16:24:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:26:14 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa, Ayelet and Mike to work togather to try to produce a coherent personalization section
16:27:11 [Mike_Pluke]
May Jo - Flat Design - paper "lacks a lot of meat" and is missing sections that are included in other papers
16:28:26 [Mike_Pluke]
Correction - Mary Jo not May Jo!
16:28:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html
16:29:24 [Mike_Pluke]
The "voie menu" issue paper is a template that can be used to help improve flat design
16:29:39 [JF]
s/May Jo/Mary Jo
16:29:52 [Mike_Pluke]
Janina not finished with Web of Things paper - needs another week.
16:30:38 [Mike_Pluke]
Modality issue paper - think John Rochford has completed (not on call)
16:31:10 [Mike_Pluke]
Thaddeus has already accepted the "numbers" paper
16:31:44 [Mike_Pluke]
Providing graded help - Thaddeus has volunteered
16:33:45 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael has agreed to check the "numbers" paper and come back to Lisa
16:34:29 [Mike_Pluke]
Volunteer needed for Metadata - come back to this later
16:35:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
16:35:47 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa has asked people to look at "Proposal for WCAG" (above)
16:38:27 [Mike_Pluke]
Readers need to undertand what is meant by "testable" - not machine testable but will be the case for most people
16:39:00 [Mike_Pluke]
Plenty of exceptions are added in several requirements
16:41:45 [Mike_Pluke]
Trys to avoid reference t ocurrent "hot" issues like "flat design" requirements given in more generally applicable terms
16:43:15 [Mike_Pluke]
John Foliot querying how the COGA work will be handled - rolled into WCAG 2.1 or an extension (John used the term "profile")
16:44:40 [Mike_Pluke]
John's use of "profile" refers to WCAG 2.0 + COGA extension (for example)
16:46:56 [Mike_Pluke]
The extension model has the disadvantage that it appears discriminatory - i.e. it is acceptable to not include people with certain impairments
16:49:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
16:51:23 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael: This discussion is best held in the WCAG group and not the Task Force (with representatives of the COGA TF present).
16:51:31 [JF]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_Next_Possible_Models
16:52:50 [Mike_Pluke]
John Posted the above link as it discussed the issues being discussed.
16:54:15 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael proposing how to move the material forward from the wiki to a Github draft.
16:56:07 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael expressed concern that WCAG will say that the material is too detailed and not suitable as WCAG Success Criteria.
16:56:22 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa suggesting that techniques can be separated out.
16:57:56 [KurtM]
Kurt dropping
17:00:17 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:00:42 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael: Perhaps one solution may be to move some of the bullet points as part of definitions, thereby tightening the success criteria
17:01:23 [Mike_Pluke]
Michael: The problem is likely to be that WCAG will focus on the non-standard way of writing success criteria and not on the substance
17:03:52 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa suggests asking the chairs to give the document a pre-review before deciding to submit the document for a full review
17:04:53 [Mike_Pluke]
John has volunteered to give a quick review
17:18:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/links-buttons.html
17:28:31 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
17:39:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: ddahlto write up understanding emotions as issue paper following the template from flat design
17:43:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: mike ayelet lisa to work on personlisation issues papers and what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist.
17:43:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-170 - Ayelet lisa to work on personlisation issues papers and what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist. [on Mike Pluke - due 2016-04-25].
17:45:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:45:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:45:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/18-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:46:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:46:05 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been JF, Janina, kirkwood, Debbie_Dahl, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:46:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:46:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:46:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/18-coga-actions.rdf :
17:46:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ddahlto write up understanding emotions as issue paper following the template from flat design [1]
17:46:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/18-coga-irc#T17-39-03
17:46:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mike ayelet lisa to work on personlisation issues papers and what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist. [2]
17:46:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/18-coga-irc#T17-43-17