IRC log of coga on 2016-04-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
14:56:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-irc
14:57:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Kurt Mattes ,E.A. Draffan, ayelet seeman, Deborah Dahl
14:57:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
Meeting:The Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
14:57:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
14:58:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
14:58:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
14:58:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables for roadmap - https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html added to https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
14:58:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
(also see https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG and https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html)
14:58:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page,Emma, globish etc
14:58:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:45:52 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:57:42 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #coga
16:01:56 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
16:03:59 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
16:04:11 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
16:04:20 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
16:04:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
16:06:04 [JohnRochford]
Thaddeus, new member, is providing an intro about himself.
16:09:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:10:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:10:50 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: We are trying to get all the issue papers ready for the roadmap, proofing, for example
16:11:27 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Once done, putting them into table format in the user needs
16:11:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
16:12:50 [Rich]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:15:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/user-research/index.html
16:15:57 [JohnRochford]
John: For my two issue papers, I'm working on changing citations to conform to W3C standards.
16:17:05 [JohnRochford]
John K: Working on impact of advertising for distraction issue paper.
16:18:45 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Asking John K. if he is following the proofing guidelines she distributed.
16:18:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Pre-publication_checklist
16:21:27 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: If, while reviewing issue paper, you realize something has not been addressed, please add to the issue paper, and send a summary of the changes to the list serv
16:21:56 [richardschwerdtfeger]
http://127.0.0.1/~richardschwerdtfeger/coga/issue-papers/links-buttons.html
16:22:05 [richardschwerdtfeger]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/links-buttons.html
16:22:48 [JohnRochford]
q+
16:23:39 [JohnRochford]
Rich: I have a lot of editorial stuff to do on that issue paper.
16:24:43 [JohnRochford]
Rich: To what should we rename the Adaptable Links and Buttons issue paper?
16:26:15 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Proposal for Additional Semantics for COGA could be the new name.
16:26:52 [JohnRochford]
Rich: Not a proposal paper but an issue paper.
16:27:21 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: How about Additional Semantics for COGA?
16:28:01 [JohnRochford]
Rich: To me its a semantic proposal for COGA personalization.
16:28:18 [JohnRochford]
it's
16:30:19 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: There are a bunch (4?) of issue papers for personalization
16:30:43 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Perhaps they should be combined.
16:31:05 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Numbers on the Web is another issue paper
16:31:22 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Providing graded help is another
16:31:57 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Metadata Support is another
16:32:35 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Numbers on the Web is an easy one.
16:32:43 [JohnRochford]
Thaddeus: I will take it.
16:34:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:34:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:34:40 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack j
16:37:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:37:22 [JohnRochford]
John: Aren't we not supposed to be using RawGit?
16:37:49 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: We can be using RawGit.
16:38:50 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: I will send an email message to Susann about taking on an issue paper.
16:40:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/distractions.html
16:41:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html
16:41:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
16:41:49 [JohnRochford]
John K: latest distraction issue paper updates not synched
16:43:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG#Provide_a_clear_structure_that_includes:
16:43:59 [JohnRochford]
Lisa is reviewing her work on the Voice ML issue paper.
16:47:00 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Putting Voice ML issue paper content into the roadmap table made me be sure everything was addressed.
16:49:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues
16:49:33 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: The link I just posted is for open issues.
16:50:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:50:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
16:51:39 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Does everyone understand how we are going to add the proofed issue paper info to the roadmap table?
16:53:30 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: John R., are you comfortable with doing that?
16:54:09 [JohnRochford]
John R.: I'm ready to try and, as you know, I have added info to the roadmap table.
16:54:30 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: It's changed a lot since you added info.
16:56:02 [JohnRochford]
Lisa and Rich are reviewing "1.4.4 When there is a barrier between the content and the user that requires additional abilities an alternative is provided that does not require additional abilities."
16:58:23 [richardschwerdtfeger]
When there is a barrier between the content and the user that requires additional cognitive function an alternative is provided that does not require the additional cognitive function.
16:58:24 [richardschwerdtfeger]
Additional cognitive functions are those that are required, but are not necessary to achieve the main task for which the content was designed. Such as:
17:00:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
add to https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Open_Issues if you have any groups we shoup to at tpac
17:03:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
Action: Thud Do the proofing of the numbers issue paper . the issue paper is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/math.html, and the todo list on what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist.
17:03:33 [trackbot]
Error finding 'Thud'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
17:05:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
Action: Thaddeus Cambron do the proofing of the numbers issue paper . The issue paper is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/math.html, and the todo list on what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist.
17:05:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-168 - Cambron do the proofing of the numbers issue paper . the issue paper is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/math.html, and the todo list on what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist. [on Thaddeus Cambron - due 2016-04-18].
17:10:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:10:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:10:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:14:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: katie to accept lisa's email address in her spam filter so that lisa can touch base with you about your other actions! (or find some other way to reach lisa)
17:14:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-169 - Accept lisa's email address in her spam filter so that lisa can touch base with you about your other actions! (or find some other way to reach lisa) [on Katie Haritos-Shea - due 2016-04-18].
17:14:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:14:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:15:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:15:33 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:15:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:15:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-actions.rdf :
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thud Do the proofing of the numbers issue paper . the issue paper is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/math.html, and the todo list on what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist. [1]
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-irc#T17-03-33
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thaddeus Cambron do the proofing of the numbers issue paper . The issue paper is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/math.html, and the todo list on what needs to happen is https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/pre-publication_checklist. [2]
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-irc#T17-05-55
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: katie to accept lisa's email address in her spam filter so that lisa can touch base with you about your other actions! (or find some other way to reach lisa) [3]
17:15:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/11-coga-irc#T17-14-44