IRC log of i18n on 2016-04-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:42:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:42:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-irc
14:42:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:42:26 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:42:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:42:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:42:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
14:42:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:42:31 [trackbot]
Date: 07 April 2016
14:49:52 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:49:56 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
14:49:59 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
14:50:17 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Apr/0011.html
14:50:24 [aphillip]
Regrets: Steve, JcK
14:50:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:51:46 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18n
15:01:03 [aphillip]
Present+ Felix
15:01:08 [aphillip]
Present+ Addison
15:01:19 [aphillip]
Present+ Richard
15:01:38 [aphillip]
agenda+ RADAR and Active Work Review
15:01:47 [aphillip]
agenda+ (2) publication questions
15:01:58 [aphillip]
agenda+ TR#20: What to do about it?
15:02:03 [aphillip]
agenda+ Charmod
15:03:11 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:04:38 [r12a]
http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/
15:07:07 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda
15:07:09 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:07:29 [aphillip]
agenda+ process stuff
15:07:35 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
15:07:53 [aphillip]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:08:01 [aphillip]
action-174?
15:08:01 [trackbot]
action-174 -- Addison Phillips to Write article about floating times in HTML -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
15:08:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/174
15:08:03 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:08:14 [aphillip]
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/FloatingTime
15:09:00 [aphillip]
action-461?
15:09:00 [trackbot]
action-461 -- Richard Ishida to Re-read issue-80 and evaluate whether to reopen as a github issue or not -- due 2015-09-10 -- OPEN
15:09:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/461
15:09:07 [aphillip]
richard: should mark as closed
15:09:23 [aphillip]
... looked at another thing
15:09:26 [r12a]
yes
15:09:29 [aphillip]
we can hear david perfectly
15:09:31 [r12a]
we hear you
15:09:58 [aphillip]
richard: wrote to ebook list and www-international about quotes
15:10:22 [r12a]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Apr/
15:10:44 [r12a]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Apr/0022.html
15:12:29 [aphillip]
close action-461
15:12:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-461.
15:13:15 [aphillip]
action-503?
15:13:15 [trackbot]
action-503 -- Addison Phillips to Add unicode-xml to project radar -- due 2016-04-07 -- OPEN
15:13:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/503
15:13:20 [aphillip]
close action-503
15:13:20 [trackbot]
Closed action-503.
15:14:00 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Shhare
15:14:11 [aphillip]
s/Shhare/Share/
15:14:23 [aphillip]
felix: share progress xliff/its integration
15:14:31 [aphillip]
... xliff 2.1 finalizing in june
15:14:36 [aphillip]
... supports its 2.0
15:14:47 [aphillip]
... ITS-IG has helped move forward
15:15:22 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:15:33 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:15:33 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "process stuff" taken up [from aphillip]
15:16:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:16:03 [r12a]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Apr/0005.html
15:16:27 [aphillip]
richard: echidna could work for docs not on req
15:16:37 [aphillip]
... can publish a Note as a Note, but not the WDs :-(
15:16:49 [aphillip]
... shook the cage a bit and maybe in 2-3 weeks could do that
15:17:04 [aphillip]
... meantime need WG agreement to publish using echidna
15:17:41 [aphillip]
addison: (waxes enthusiastic)
15:17:48 [fsasaki]
big +1
15:18:12 [David]
+1
15:18:18 [aphillip]
+1
15:18:20 [r12a]
big +1
15:18:29 [aphillip]
addison: (chair hat) so approved
15:18:44 [aphillip]
there were no objections raised over email either
15:19:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:19:21 [aphillip]
richard: send your comments by github and against latest dated version in TR
15:19:38 [aphillip]
... can't produce a dated version in github we thought
15:19:47 [aphillip]
... but possible to do for a specific commit
15:20:51 [fsasaki]
[sorry, have to go, for this topic either way is fine for me]
15:22:44 [aphillip]
richard: 2 scenarios
15:22:51 [aphillip]
... for charmod and clreq
15:22:58 [aphillip]
... TR far behind github
15:23:05 [aphillip]
... textis more up to date
15:23:08 [aphillip]
... closer to issues list
15:23:15 [aphillip]
s/textis/text is/
15:23:25 [aphillip]
richard: other scenario is unicode-xml
15:23:35 [aphillip]
... it's published as a Note and martin is making edits
15:23:42 [aphillip]
... very messy
15:24:29 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:25:38 [aphillip]
addison: only use TR for like FPWD or Last Call?
15:25:50 [aphillip]
richard: well, the unicode-xml might be a different case
15:26:30 [JcK]
present+ JcK
15:27:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:28:11 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:31:34 [aphillip]
zakim, delete agendum 6
15:31:34 [Zakim]
agendum 6, whining, dropped
15:36:54 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:36:54 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Charmod" taken up [from aphillip]
15:39:15 [aphillip]
Topic: The "Quotation Thing"
15:39:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:39:26 [r12a]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Apr/0013.html
15:39:48 [aphillip]
richard: what do you do whne you have multiple nested quotes in multiple languages
15:39:56 [aphillip]
... clear if in one language
15:40:37 [aphillip]
Mais Lucy répond: «Embrassez George de ma part - seulement une fois. Dites-lui, ‹Embrouille.› ».
15:41:04 [aphillip]
Mais Lucy répond: «Give George my love – once only. Tell him, 'Muddle.' ».
15:42:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:42:21 [aphillip]
richard: sent do www-international and e-books
15:42:35 [aphillip]
... consensus so far is "if you start the para in say French, you use throughout"
15:42:44 [aphillip]
... avoids confusion
15:42:47 [r12a]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Apr/0022.html
15:42:58 [aphillip]
richard: just sent the above
15:43:12 [aphillip]
... how do you actually make happen
15:43:21 [aphillip]
... CSS and HTML don't produce this
15:43:32 [aphillip]
... wanted to get you thinking about this
15:43:47 [aphillip]
... what punct. goes where?
15:47:42 [aphillip]
richard: "am I in a quotation" and then am I dealing with a q with a lang
15:47:57 [aphillip]
... if inside a quote and have a lang, then ignore it
15:48:08 [aphillip]
... not quite sure how to do that in css yet
15:48:52 [aphillip]
addison: agenda next week to discuss?
15:49:09 [aphillip]
action: addison: remind group to study quotation mark behavior for next call
15:49:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-506 - Remind group to study quotation mark behavior for next call [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-04-14].
15:49:24 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:49:24 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Charmod" taken up [from aphillip]
15:49:42 [aphillip]
richard: might have come through in my comments
15:49:53 [aphillip]
... not sure, putting some ideas out for feedback
15:50:02 [aphillip]
... starting to wonder if focus of document is clear
15:50:23 [aphillip]
... talking about confusables, is a problem...
15:50:31 [aphillip]
... but wondering how relevant
15:50:54 [aphillip]
... is our focus on the syntactic elements rather than the text content
15:51:11 [aphillip]
... findtext is bigger labyrinth
15:51:20 [aphillip]
richard: other question in my mind
15:51:37 [aphillip]
... can see why users might expect visual vs. encoding
15:51:49 [aphillip]
... some many languages where you can expect that
15:56:52 [aphillip]
addison: (expounds at length)
16:12:31 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
16:13:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:15:01 [aphillip]
zakim, bye
16:15:01 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Felix, Addison, Richard, JcK
16:15:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:15:05 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:15:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:15:08 [aphillip]
rrsagent, bye
16:15:08 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:15:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: remind group to study quotation mark behavior for next call [1]
16:15:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/07-i18n-irc#T15-49-09