IRC log of coga on 2016-03-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:48:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:48:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/03/07-coga-irc
15:50:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
15:50:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:50:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
15:50:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables for roadmap
15:50:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page,Emma, globish etc
15:50:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:50:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:32:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:49:12 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
16:59:57 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
17:00:24 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
17:02:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/blog/2015/09/tpac-2016-dates-and-location-announced/
17:04:33 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #coga
17:05:48 [KurtM]
KurtM has joined #COGA
17:06:40 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
17:07:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
17:08:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
michael are you there
17:08:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Current_schedules
17:08:59 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: I will have a coordination call with Michael afterwards
17:09:30 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: ddahl has open action items
17:10:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
17:10:14 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Next issue is to look at tables
17:11:11 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: 1st table - anyone need more time to look at that?
17:12:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html
17:13:27 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: To create Table 1, I looked at security in techniques document
17:13:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
17:14:15 [JohnRochford]
Rich: First link in Table 1 goes to Lisa's C: drive.
17:17:13 [janina]
present+ Janina
17:17:52 [JohnRochford]
Lisa is describing work put into Table 1
17:18:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
Q?
17:19:00 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Does Table 1 make sense?
17:19:24 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Who thinks that it does make sense?
17:19:55 [JohnRochford]
Rich: For this example, the content ties into the information above it in a clean way.
17:20:55 [JohnRochford]
Correction: KurtM said "For this example, the content ties into the information above it in a clean way."
17:21:42 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Let's look at Table 7, which was harder / more difficult.
17:22:11 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: I have to go back and redo Table 7.
17:24:07 [JohnRochford]
Lisa is describing work she performed on Table 7.
17:25:02 [JohnRochford]
KurtM: Lisa, are you matching slow readers with comprehension?
17:26:12 [JohnRochford]
Lisa resumes describing Table 7 work.
17:26:40 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Are people happy with Table 7?
17:26:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
Q?
17:27:28 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Do the tables (7 & 1) make sense to people?
17:28:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe error
17:28:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
it was kurt
17:29:05 [janina]
zakim, mute me
17:29:05 [Zakim]
sorry, janina, I can't do that anymore
17:31:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
17:32:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
debie: the tables are realy long , so much in a cell
17:32:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
lisa: we could move out the discusion
17:32:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Lisa_Seeman
17:32:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
debie: the tables are realy long , so much in a cell
17:33:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
lisa: we could move out the discusion
17:33:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
kurt: when would people look at the links - it dig deaper?
17:33:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
and should be be after
17:34:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
Lisa: I wouldnt, people need to see it
17:34:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
for one row
17:35:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
debie agrees with kurt
17:35:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
John R link to the bottem for the
17:36:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
Lisa: have a link to it from the user need
17:38:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
John R: likes the table anoying horisontal table. but why do we need it
17:38:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
for other userg groups who will complain whjy need things
17:44:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
john: to much information
17:44:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
maybe each table will be its own page
17:44:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
17:45:23 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
17:46:35 [JohnRochford]
ddahl: Is it redundant to have explanatory text and links to that text (external to the page)?
17:48:01 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: A problem is that the link URLs will change.
17:48:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
17:48:48 [JohnRochford]
Michael: Global copy and replace would not be too hard.
17:49:20 [JohnRochford]
Michael: Editing tables is a pain in the arse.
17:50:11 [JohnRochford]
Michael: You could move all the content to GitHub now.
17:50:47 [JohnRochford]
Michael: It is easier to share editing in GitHub than it is in the Wiki.
17:52:03 [JohnRochford]
Michael: I recommend not overwhelming the table with content; and instead using links. Also, you could have dynamic tables.
17:53:38 [JohnRochford]
Michael: A common approach is to have a twistie that opens up more content.
17:53:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:54:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Lisa_Seeman
17:55:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
i like the idea of more content palled in real time
17:55:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
jquery will support it
17:55:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
michale: libarier or html summaries might do ti
17:56:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
1.4.3 Instructions, labels, navigation and important information are provided with a clear writing style that includes:
17:56:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
miss out the bullet pints
17:57:11 [MichaelC]
<details>1.4.3 Instructions, labels, navigation and important information are provided with a clear writing style</details>
17:57:18 [MichaelC]
<details>
17:57:21 [MichaelC]
1.4.3 Instructions, labels, navigation and important information are provided with a clear writing style
17:57:26 [MichaelC]
<details>
17:57:28 [MichaelC]
<summary>
17:57:28 [MichaelC]
1.4.3 Instructions, labels, navigation and important information are provided with a clear writing style
17:57:31 [MichaelC]
</summary>
17:57:33 [MichaelC]
bullets
17:57:35 [MichaelC]
</details>
17:58:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
kurt: that will make more digestible
17:59:29 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:59:40 [MichaelC]
It´s a HTML 5.1 feature: https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics.html#the-details-element
17:59:58 [MichaelC]
Probably need a script ¨polyfill¨ for backwards compatibility, but can manage ti
18:00:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
lisa: doing it by script will keep it current
18:00:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
even if the wording on the souce changes
18:02:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
1.4.3 Instructions, labels, navigation and important information are provided with a clear writing style that includes:
18:02:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
more
18:09:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:09:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
18:09:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/03/07-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
18:09:53 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has left #coga
18:10:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
18:10:31 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Debbie_Dahl, JohnRochford
18:10:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
18:10:42 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
18:10:42 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items