IRC log of dwbp on 2016-03-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:25:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dwbp
13:25:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:25:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 351
13:25:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dwbp
13:25:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DWBP
13:25:21 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
13:25:22 [trackbot]
Meeting: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
13:25:22 [trackbot]
Date: 04 March 2016
13:55:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
riccardoAlbertoni has joined #DWBP
13:58:03 [riccardoAlbertoni]
riccardoAlbertoni has joined #DWBP
13:58:40 [deirdrelee]
present+ deirdre
14:00:21 [deirdrelee]
14:00:41 [deirdrelee]
chair: deirdrelee
14:01:27 [antoine]
antoine has joined #dwbp
14:02:20 [antoine]
present+ antoine
14:02:50 [annette_g]
annette_g has joined #dwbp
14:03:23 [annette_g]
present+ annette_g
14:03:29 [riccardoAlbertoni]
present+ riccardoAlbertoni
14:03:36 [newton]
present+ newton
14:04:02 [phila]
present+ phila
14:04:06 [phila]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:04:09 [phila]
chair: Dee
14:05:18 [ericstephan]
ericstephan has joined #dwbp
14:05:28 [ericstephan]
present+ ericstephan
14:05:36 [BernadetteLoscio]
BernadetteLoscio has joined #dwbp
14:06:11 [laufer]
laufer has joined #dwbp
14:07:05 [hadleybeeman]
present+ hadleybeeman
14:07:08 [deirdrelee]
zakim, pick a victim
14:07:08 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose newton
14:07:11 [laufer]
present+ laufer
14:07:41 [BernadetteLoscio]
present+ BernadetteLoscio
14:07:49 [deirdrelee]
14:07:52 [yaso]
Me too, hadleybeeman :-/ tryong to webex
14:08:08 [newton]
deirdrelee: showing agenda. we're focusing today in our f2f meeting in Zagreb
14:08:28 [newton]
... the meeting will be our last f2f meeting
14:08:58 [newton]
... it will be an opportunity share and exchange information with SharePSI group
14:09:07 [deirdrelee]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes of last week's meeting
14:09:10 [hadleybeeman]
14:09:13 [deirdrelee]
14:09:14 [antoine]
14:09:14 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:09:17 [newton]
14:09:20 [phila]
+0 absent
14:09:30 [deirdrelee]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes of last week's meeting
14:09:31 [annette_g]
14:09:49 [riccardoAlbertoni]
my name is missing ..
14:09:58 [riccardoAlbertoni]
but it is not a big probelm
14:10:00 [riccardoAlbertoni]
14:10:06 [laufer]
14:10:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
it could be ..
14:10:12 [antoine]
present+ antoine
14:10:15 [ericstephan]
I was absent
14:11:06 [newton]
deirdrelee: get updates from each of the vocabularies
14:11:09 [yaso]
present+ yaso
14:11:20 [newton]
... where we are, the plans for the coming weeks
14:11:32 [newton]
... let's discuss DUV vocabulary first
14:12:19 [newton]
ericstephan: our goal to next weeks is to make sure that we have the issues resolved before the f2f
14:12:22 [newton]
14:12:41 [deirdrelee]
open issues
14:12:45 [newton]
scribe: yaso
14:13:06 [newton]
changing scribing role to yaso (thanks yaso!)
14:13:19 [yaso]
ericstephan: we received a lot of comments on the citation model
14:13:26 [yaso]
no problem, newton
14:13:47 [deirdrelee]
ack newton
14:13:51 [yaso]
14:14:07 [yaso]
deirdrelee: on the data usage vocab, any comments?
14:14:42 [yaso]
deirdrelee: if we can get a final version of these issues closed to zagreb, that would be awesome
14:14:45 [riccardoAlbertoni]
14:15:19 [hadleybeeman]
I had a FB exchange with Robin Berjon this week... who was looking at . Said he'd seen DUV but didn't really understand it.
14:15:32 [yaso]
riccardoAlbertoni: the issues that are open, I tried to write a proposal on this
14:15:57 [hadleybeeman]
Robin also said he'd talked to the editors, but still didn't get it. I'm not sure how to help sort this out?
14:16:13 [antoine]
14:16:16 [yaso]
... I dont think we will close all the issues by then
14:16:27 [yaso]
ack antoine
14:17:02 [yaso]
antoine: I would like to raise the point of some external comments that we have
14:17:16 [yaso]
... the issues that came from external people,
14:17:30 [phila]
14:17:37 [yaso]
... this way we may close some of issues, at least the day of the face to face
14:17:38 [deirdrelee]
ack phila
14:17:59 [deirdrelee]
14:18:06 [yaso]
phila: by the time we leave zagreb all the issues on the 3 docs have to be closed
14:18:22 [yaso]
... so antoine, please write to that people so we can close the issues
14:19:16 [yaso]
antoine: we received one e-mail that we did not touched yet, there also a couple of discussions that are extremely long
14:20:02 [yaso]
... the discussion we have was extremely constructive, so that where we are now
14:20:03 [yaso]
14:20:09 [yaso]
ack deirdrelee
14:20:26 [yaso]
deirdrelee: makes sense to address the issues during the week
14:20:37 [yaso]
... so we can get them on their way before the meeting
14:21:04 [ericstephan_]
ericstephan_ has joined #dwbp
14:21:35 [yaso]
deirdrelee: thinking in terms of the agenda for zagreb, we can focus on the best practices as well, but on the time dedicated to the vocabs,
14:21:35 [yaso]
14:22:01 [phila]
14:22:01 [yaso]
... we have to work on the vocabs because they have more issues open
14:22:12 [deirdrelee]
ack phila
14:22:29 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:22:31 [antoine]
14:22:53 [yaso]
phila: the share psi people will be there on Tuesday, so we can think in terms of a day and a half
14:23:12 [phila]
14:23:21 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
14:23:33 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: wanted to talk about zagreb
14:23:44 [yaso]
antoine: to talk about vocabs and zagreb
14:23:57 [yaso]
deirdrelee: topic: ZAGREB
14:24:20 [yaso]
phila: look at the link so you can acknowledge when people are arriving and leaving
14:24:57 [yaso]
... there'll be some external interest, and my expectation for this afternoon is talking about evidence of implementation
14:25:00 [deirdrelee]
14:25:26 [yaso]
... the motivation to put sharepsi and dwbp together is to ease the evidence of implementation talk
14:25:41 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: we can also estimate how long we will be in the discussion
14:26:02 [laufer]
14:26:11 [yaso]
deirdrelee: our focus should be about closing issues, the more ready we can be until zagreb better
14:26:18 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:26:22 [yaso]
... tks BernadetteLoscio for the idea
14:27:02 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: I made a table at wiki, w/ the tracker comments, so the idea is to have an ideia of how long discussions will take
14:27:14 [yaso]
.. and I think qwe could do the same for the vocabs
14:27:23 [newton]
14:28:09 [yaso]
lots of noise, someone typing really hard
14:28:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
+1 to antoine
14:28:26 [laufer]
14:28:31 [yaso]
antoine, can you write down what you've sair? I lost it
14:28:37 [yaso]
Sorry :-/
14:28:39 [hadleybeeman]
14:28:58 [deirdrelee]
ack antoine
14:28:59 [antoine]
I said it would be good to have some parallel sessions to start the F2F to be sure we can have prepared plenary
14:29:01 [deirdrelee]
ack deirdrelee
14:29:19 [yaso]
thanks, antoine !
14:29:20 [antoine]
Having the plenary discss everything may be counter-productive as we've got very diverse issues
14:29:56 [yaso]
phila: we can have an extra room if we need it
14:30:00 [yaso]
ack laufer
14:30:01 [deirdrelee]
14:30:11 [yaso]
laufer: what we expect from zagreb
14:30:28 [yaso]
... I want to know from phila if we still have time for a new bp
14:30:55 [yaso]
phila: if you it ready before the zagreb, and the editors acknowledge that
14:31:06 [deirdrelee]
14:31:09 [yaso]
laufer: but we would not have comments from public
14:31:35 [yaso]
phila: if you got the evidence, examples and all, then the group can have a look at it, and theres no process that says you can't
14:31:48 [deirdrelee]
ack deirdrelee
14:31:54 [yaso]
deirdrelee: is something straightforward?
14:32:16 [yaso]
laufer: we have some best practices that talk about specific domains, for example specs for timetables, or feeds
14:32:46 [yaso]
... when people want to publish a dataset, don't know if this can be a " data set type"
14:33:08 [yaso]
... for example, the open transport is a way to distribute timetables
14:33:16 [phila]
14:33:40 [yaso]
deirdrelee: so laufer you should send an email today, so we can see and analyze to solve this quickly
14:33:51 [laufer]
14:34:00 [antoine]
14:34:02 [yaso]
phila: I think we already got a BP for this, is "use standardized terms"
14:34:29 [yaso]
... maybe you should include this on the use standardized terms, instead of a new BP for this
14:34:36 [deirdrelee]
ack phila
14:34:46 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:34:47 [yaso]
... SDW is a specialization of what this group is doing
14:35:09 [yaso]
deirdrelee: i don't want go down on this topic now...
14:35:13 [yaso]
ack laufer
14:35:16 [yaso]
14:35:27 [annette_g]
standard data model
14:35:39 [yaso]
laufer: its more than only using the terms. Is about an specific way of distributing the files
14:35:51 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:35:55 [deirdrelee]
14:35:57 [yaso]
deirdrelee: we should move on to the BP doc
14:36:08 [deirdrelee]
ack antoine
14:36:30 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:36:33 [newton]
14:37:12 [yaso]
deirdrelee: for zagreb, what are our goals, BernadetteLoscio
14:37:13 [deirdrelee]
ack BernadetteLoscio
14:38:04 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: what the SDW is doing is an extension, I think we should include their work in ours
14:38:05 [deirdrelee]
14:38:18 [newton]
14:38:20 [yaso]
phila: you got a lot of introductory material
14:38:23 [newton]
q+ to talk about implementation report
14:38:33 [deirdrelee]
open knowledge discussion on APIs and GTFS....
14:38:45 [yaso]
... you can just write "this doc is generic, please bare in mind"
14:39:01 [yaso]
ack newton
14:39:01 [Zakim]
newton, you wanted to talk about implementation report
14:39:32 [yaso]
newton: about the BP doc, we need implementation, I'd like to know when we are going to start the implementation report
14:40:01 [yaso]
phila: I have to do this, and I'll do. What you need is people trying to use it
14:40:11 [deirdrelee]
14:40:12 [yaso]
... i'll probably will do a google form for it
14:40:26 [yaso]
deirdrelee: coming back to the BP doc and editors plan
14:40:42 [newton]
phila, should create an action to that?
14:40:56 [phila]
I already have one
14:41:03 [yaso]
... from the table that you've prepared, do you see that those are adressable?
14:41:17 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: the table is for the comment tracker
14:41:27 [newton]
ok, let me know if I can help you with that
14:41:54 [yaso]
... for external comments. Most of them are ok, I saw that annette_g sent a messagem about eric's comments, and I really hope that we can close this comments
14:41:56 [phila]
It's my action-229, newton
14:42:08 [yaso]
... because I should discuss the open issues at the f2f
14:42:20 [phila]
q+ to offer some advice on time boxing
14:42:34 [deirdrelee]
14:43:35 [yaso]
phila: the wg csv has been closed, and in their f2f they had a closed time to each issue
14:43:50 [deirdrelee]
ack phila
14:43:50 [Zakim]
phila, you wanted to offer some advice on time boxing
14:44:01 [yaso]
... and if they don't resolve that in the closed minutes that goes to the end of the day
14:44:13 [yaso]
... and it is a great way to work on issues
14:44:13 [hadleybeeman]
+1 to phila's recommendation.... that worked well with cvs on the web
14:44:22 [yaso]
+1 to phila
14:44:24 [hadleybeeman]
14:44:41 [annette_g]
14:44:49 [yaso]
ack deirdrelee
14:45:06 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:45:26 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:45:39 [yaso]
deirdrelee: we have 27 open issues, and we will not have time at the f2f to solve all of them there, so we can try to close them and resolve the issues and comments in the next week
14:45:52 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:46:01 [yaso]
... I know it's easier said than done, but
14:46:05 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:46:15 [deirdrelee]
ack annette_g
14:46:19 [yaso]
... so giving resolutions should be priority to the editors
14:46:45 [deirdrelee]
14:46:52 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:46:58 [yaso]
deirdrelee: we have kind of putting aside the open actions
14:47:01 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:47:16 [yaso]
... but as the chairs of the group we are going thru that actions and see what can be closed or not
14:47:20 [phila]
14:47:38 [yaso]
deirdrelee: +1 to the idea :-)
14:47:56 [BernadetteLoscio]
its ok!
14:48:07 [newton]
I'm gonna work full time on the BP doc next week
14:48:09 [yaso]
deirdrelee: we have to try to have as much as possible of things prepared to the f2f
14:49:00 [newton]
yaso: there's nobody from the InWeb (data enrichment guys) on the call today
14:49:36 [phila]
-> Draft Member Submission from InWeb
14:49:37 [newton]
... InWeb sent us an email asking if they could send to group a Member Submission with BP related to data enrichment
14:49:57 [newton]
... I don't know if we should talk about it without them on the meeting
14:50:29 [newton]
deirdrelee: nobody feels very strong on it
14:50:32 [phila]
14:50:45 [annette_g]
-1 for dropping it
14:50:48 [newton]
yaso: I would like to know what the group think
14:51:19 [newton]
phila: to get this document to rec, we should proof that every BP is implemented
14:51:32 [yaso]
14:51:34 [deirdrelee]
ack phila
14:51:54 [newton]
... we might struggle to get the BPs of data enrichment implemented
14:51:57 [yaso]
phila: we might struggle to prove that it's been done in more that 1 place (about that BP)
14:52:04 [deirdrelee]
14:52:14 [yaso]
... we can flag that as "at risk"
14:53:18 [yaso]
deirdrelee: realistically, the inweb team has to provide examples, and take ownership on that
14:53:22 [phila]
+1 Dee
14:53:24 [yaso]
14:53:26 [yaso]
14:53:33 [antoine]
14:53:39 [yaso]
ack deirdrelee
14:53:59 [yaso]
ack antoine
14:54:03 [deirdrelee]
ack antoine
14:54:17 [yaso]
antoine: I can provide some examples of implementation on the data enrichment
14:54:51 [yaso]
.. the BP itself is alright, maybe a bit generic
14:55:26 [yaso]
deirdrelee: maybe is about removing the link between the member submission and the BP
14:55:43 [yaso]
... and we can refer to the MS, but not necessarily
14:55:50 [yaso]
... does that makes sense?
14:55:52 [yaso]
14:55:56 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:56:00 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: I'm not sure
14:56:27 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: maybe the BP needs to be rewritten
14:56:30 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
14:56:35 [antoine]
14:56:39 [yaso]
deirdrelee: more comments?
14:56:40 [deirdrelee]
ack antoine
14:56:41 [yaso]
ack antoine
14:56:57 [antoine]
14:57:57 [yaso]
Ok, perfect, deirdrelee !
14:58:11 [BernadetteLoscio]
14:58:16 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
14:58:37 [yaso]
BernadetteLoscio: I think that this should not be a decision of the editors
14:58:40 [yaso]
14:59:03 [yaso]
+1 to BernadetteLoscio
14:59:29 [ericstephan_]
+1 BernadetteLoscio
15:00:18 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:00:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate phila
15:00:39 [yaso]
deirdrelee: next friday: preps for zagreb
15:01:08 [BernadetteLoscio]
15:01:10 [hadleybeeman]
15:01:11 [riccardoAlbertoni]
15:01:12 [yaso]
phila: people told me that they like what they are doing
15:01:15 [antoine]
15:01:19 [laufer]
15:01:23 [annette_g]
15:01:24 [newton]
nice :)
15:01:25 [BernadetteLoscio]
15:01:29 [yaso]
... so I'm optimistic and happy etc
15:01:29 [ericstephan_]
15:01:31 [yaso]
15:01:32 [newton]
thanks yaso for scribing and deirdre for chairing :)
15:01:32 [riccardoAlbertoni]
bye 1
15:01:33 [annette_g]
15:01:34 [laufer]
bye all...
15:01:35 [newton]
15:01:35 [yaso]
Bye all!!!
15:01:37 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:01:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate phila
15:01:38 [hadleybeeman]
bye all!
16:59:32 [annette_g]
annette_g has joined #dwbp
17:26:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dwbp
18:44:37 [yaso]
yaso has joined #dwbp
19:04:13 [annette_g]
annette_g has joined #dwbp
19:07:21 [annette_g]
annette_g has left #dwbp