IRC log of social on 2016-03-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:05:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
18:05:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/03/01-social-irc
18:05:09 [cwebber2]
we're hunting silos
18:05:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:05:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #social
18:05:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
18:05:11 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
18:05:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
18:05:13 [trackbot]
Date: 01 March 2016
18:05:17 [aaronpk]
present+
18:05:20 [dmitriz]
present+
18:05:21 [annbass]
Present+
18:05:22 [cwebber2]
I can scribe
18:05:29 [tantek]
scribe: cwebber2
18:05:43 [dromasca]
dromasca has joined #social
18:05:44 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-23-minutes
18:06:16 [cwebber2]
+1 but the bottom diagnostic stuff can be removed
18:06:49 [cwebber2]
tantek: topic is minutes approval
18:07:01 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: How important is attribution? there were some lines said by other people
18:07:06 [cwebber2]
tantek: it's pretty important
18:07:23 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: probably needs review
18:07:35 [cwebber2]
tantek: I see myself being thanked from last time for chairing but I didn't chair
18:08:03 [cwebber2]
tantek: can anyone hear a loud jackhammer outside my house
18:08:07 [cwebber2]
sandro: no it's fine
18:08:30 [sandro]
+1 minutes are good enough
18:08:37 [sandro]
(I fixed the "next week" bit)
18:08:40 [cwebber2]
tantek: if people want to update the minutes to fix attribution that's fine, we could give it another week, or we could approve pending some attribution edits
18:08:59 [cwebber2]
tantek: you can go ahead and remove the diagnostic output cwebber2
18:09:19 [cwebber2]
tantek: I see two +1s and no objections, I think people are fine aaronpk if you want to correct mis-attributions
18:09:40 [cwebber2]
tantek: let's go ahead and approve the minutes with the caveat that some attributions might need to be corrected
18:09:57 [tantek]
http://micropub.net/draft/
18:10:02 [Loqi]
Sandro made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-02-23-minutes]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97631&oldid=97608
18:10:03 [Loqi]
Aaronpk made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-02-23-minutes]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97632&oldid=97631
18:10:11 [aaronpk]
http://micropub.net/draft/#change-log
18:10:20 [cwebber2]
tantek: that's it for discussion items. technical items, here's an updated version of micropub
18:10:25 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: I provided an updated changelog
18:10:51 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: I sent out an email a couple days ago after I published a new ED and I hope to publish a new working draft today after this call
18:10:58 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: if anyone's interested I hope you can review the changelog
18:11:10 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: there's no new issues filed since I sent this, so I assume everyone's fine with it or doesn't care
18:11:26 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: So yeah, I guess I'd like to resolve to publish a WD of this version
18:12:05 [cwebber2]
tantek: looking at changelog myself, you added a new conformance section, that's good, we learned our lesson from the work on AS2 and how that can be a challenging part of a spec to write up and get right
18:12:08 [rhiaro]
present+ rhiaro
18:12:15 [cwebber2]
tantek: does anyone else have comments or feedback?
18:12:29 [tantek]
q?
18:12:34 [aaronpk]
PROPOSED: publish new working draft of Micropub based on current editor's draft at http://micropub.net/draft/
18:12:57 [cwebber2]
+1
18:13:07 [sandro]
+1
18:13:23 [aaronpk]
+1
18:13:26 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:13:26 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro
18:13:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dromasca, Zakim, RRSAgent, tantek, dmitriz, eprodrom, azaroth, cwebber2, jtilles, annbass, peacekeeper, bblfish, wilkie, Arnaud, shepazu, oshepherd, ben_thatmustbeme,
18:13:28 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, wseltzer, ElijahLynn, tessierashpool_, jet, bigbluehat, rhiaro, rrika, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:13:29 [azaroth]
+0 happy to go with consensus
18:13:35 [azaroth]
Present+ Rob_Sanderson
18:13:40 [tantek]
present+ sandro
18:13:48 [tantek]
Zakim, who is here?
18:13:48 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro, Rob_Sanderson, sandro
18:13:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dromasca, Zakim, RRSAgent, tantek, dmitriz, eprodrom, azaroth, cwebber2, jtilles, annbass, peacekeeper, bblfish, wilkie, Arnaud, shepazu, oshepherd, ben_thatmustbeme,
18:13:49 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, wseltzer, ElijahLynn, tessierashpool_, jet, bigbluehat, rhiaro, rrika, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:13:51 [tsyesika]
present+ tsyesika
18:14:13 [cwebber2]
present+ cwebber2
18:14:20 [annbass]
+1 .... Go along with group's technical opinion. Will be happy to read for "English" (once I'm home in a couple days)
18:14:24 [cwebber2]
cwebber2: I think I did it pre-meetin-start
18:14:42 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:14:42 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro, Rob_Sanderson, sandro, tsyesika, cwebber2
18:14:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dromasca, Zakim, RRSAgent, tantek, dmitriz, eprodrom, azaroth, cwebber2, jtilles, annbass, peacekeeper, bblfish, wilkie, Arnaud, shepazu, oshepherd, ben_thatmustbeme,
18:14:44 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, wseltzer, ElijahLynn, tessierashpool_, jet, bigbluehat, rhiaro, rrika, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:14:45 [tsyesika]
+1
18:14:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present+
18:14:56 [rhiaro]
+1
18:15:13 [cwebber2]
tantek: that sounds like resolved, could you type that
18:15:13 [aaronpk]
RESOLVED: publish new working draft of Micropub based on current editor's draft at http://micropub.net/draft/
18:15:22 [dromasca]
present+
18:15:24 [sandro]
great work, aaronpk
18:15:32 [eprodrom]
present+ eprodrom
18:15:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:15:40 [cwebber2]
tantek: ben_thatmustbeme you just missed us approving publishing a WD of micropub
18:15:42 [dromasca]
+1
18:15:55 [tantek]
http://webmention.net/draft/
18:16:05 [aaronpk]
http://webmention.net/draft/#change-log
18:16:13 [cwebber2]
tantek: aaron has provided a new ED of webmention as well, I assume you've made a changelog of this too
18:16:20 [KevinMarks]
present+
18:16:43 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: yes there's a changelog, it's a relatively minor update of what's been done, but there's a new IANA considerations section
18:17:00 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: also lots of wording changes. I went through most changes on github
18:17:12 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: you can review what's been closed to see what's going on
18:17:22 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: it's a more minor change as for what's been happening in the spec
18:17:37 [cwebber2]
sandro: I don't understand why the text currently says it's been registered with IANA
18:18:00 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: that's the text that has to be in there to do the register with IANA. It's a chicken and egg problem, you have to do it before they register it
18:18:06 [aaronpk]
https://github.com/aaronpk/webmention/issues/29
18:18:07 [annbass]
Weird process
18:18:11 [cwebber2]
aaronpk: they get upset about this
18:18:13 [ben_thatmustbeme]
very weird process
18:18:32 [annbass]
But, such as it is
18:18:38 [cwebber2]
sandro: that's correct. I noted annbass noted "weird process" and I must concurr with that sense
18:18:41 [cwebber2]
oops
18:18:45 [cwebber2]
that was aaronpk
18:18:47 [Arnaud]
present+
18:18:47 [annbass]
Aaronpk rocks!
18:18:53 [cwebber2]
er
18:18:55 [cwebber2]
it was tantek
18:18:57 [cwebber2]
I can't anything
18:19:07 [cwebber2]
no I mean the line
18:19:08 [cwebber2]
arg
18:19:08 [annbass]
Yay for Drew!
18:19:16 [tantek]
q?
18:19:20 [annbass]
S/drew/dret/
18:19:25 [cwebber2]
tantek: those were the changes, is there anything else
18:19:33 [aaronpk]
PROPOSED: publish new working draft of Webmention based on current editor's draft at http://webmention.net/draft/
18:19:41 [cwebber2]
+1
18:19:43 [sandro]
+1
18:19:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:19:47 [aaronpk]
+1
18:19:47 [dromasca]
+1
18:19:49 [azaroth]
+1
18:19:52 [tsyesika]
+1
18:19:52 [rhiaro]
+1
18:20:01 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:20:01 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro, Rob_Sanderson, sandro, tsyesika, cwebber2, ben_thatmustbeme, dromasca, eprodrom, KevinMarks, Arnaud
18:20:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dromasca, Zakim, RRSAgent, tantek, dmitriz, eprodrom, azaroth, cwebber2, jtilles, annbass, peacekeeper, bblfish, wilkie, Arnaud, shepazu, oshepherd, ben_thatmustbeme,
18:20:04 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, wseltzer, ElijahLynn, tessierashpool_, jet, bigbluehat, rhiaro, rrika, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:20:10 [annbass]
+1 (with same comments as earlier)
18:20:43 [eprodrom]
+1
18:20:51 [KevinMarks]
+1
18:21:08 [cwebber2]
tantek: once again I'm seeing majority of folks responding here so I'll give a few more seconds to raise objections, otherwise it looks pretty solid
18:21:41 [aaronpk]
RESOLVED: publish new working draft of Webmention based on current editor's draft at http://webmention.net/draft/
18:21:57 [cwebber2]
tantek: and that takes us to tracking of actions and issues
18:22:26 [cwebber2]
tantek: and it looks like we don't have any to attend to in terms of the group, any to raise anything to the group? it seems like we haven't been using a lot of tracker interactions lately
18:22:38 [tantek]
q?
18:23:05 [cwebber2]
tantek: any other discussion items to raise?
18:23:20 [tsyesika]
I was just wondering there was any news on uberconference? (as an alternative to WebEx)
18:23:33 [cwebber2]
tantek: I do note that evan is here, I'd like to give an opportunity to say what's new on AS2
18:24:01 [cwebber2]
eprodrom: there's been updates to the validator, nothing on the data documents lately, though maybe a PR from james, but conformance section is the big one coming but I hope to have it by next week
18:24:22 [cwebber2]
tantek: ack of tsyesika asking if there's any updates on uberconference
18:24:31 [cwebber2]
sandro: I haven't done anything yet, would it make a difference for you?
18:24:36 [tsyesika]
I tried it and it seems better
18:24:45 [tsyesika]
I can use it on a system running Free software :)
18:25:07 [cwebber2]
sandro: I will bump it up again in priority
18:25:08 [tantek]
q?
18:25:55 [cwebber2]
cwebber2: we should probably show a demo of the pump.io <-> mediagoblin federation demo if we can
18:26:07 [annbass]
Now that I'm back, I'm happy to do something .. Not involving writing code
18:26:12 [cwebber2]
sandro: people should put together next steps on their documents so right now we're free form
18:26:17 [annbass]
If anyone has suggestion or needs help
18:26:35 [cwebber2]
tantek: let's make that a request for people to do, also we did a required reading section on the SF f2f
18:26:49 [cwebber2]
tantek: let's make sure we have a similar required reading section this time
18:27:01 [cwebber2]
sandro: required reading being... all current drafts?
18:27:11 [cwebber2]
tantek: I'd say all drafts we request to publish
18:27:35 [cwebber2]
tantek: and next category is other drafts we *may* iterate on
18:27:50 [cwebber2]
tantek: if anyone else wants to add proposals, that can be third
18:28:35 [cwebber2]
q+
18:28:47 [tantek]
q?
18:29:44 [eprodrom]
Definitely
18:30:49 [cwebber2]
cwebber2: yeah I'm in an office
18:30:53 [cwebber2]
and didn't get a meeting room
18:30:54 [cwebber2]
sorry about that
18:31:07 [cwebber2]
need to scribe self, 1 sec
18:31:27 [cwebber2]
cwebber2: would everyone be interested in seeing a live demo of mediagoblin <-> pump.io federation
18:31:38 [cwebber2]
tantek: yes, add a demo section
18:32:31 [annbass]
Sheesh ... Typing
18:33:02 [tantek]
q?
18:33:05 [cwebber2]
q-
18:33:07 [tantek]
ack cwebber2
18:33:17 [cwebber2]
tantek: I think we've added enoguh homework items, so I think we're done
18:33:20 [annbass]
Thanks Tantek!
18:33:36 [cwebber2]
tantek: thanks everyone, same scheduled time / place
18:33:38 [annbass]
Thanks for scribing cwebber2
18:33:46 [ben_thatmustbeme]
see you next week, same bat time, same bat channel
18:34:03 [tantek]
cwebber2++
18:34:05 [Loqi]
cwebber2 has 62 karma
18:35:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
trackbot end meeting
18:35:06 [tantek]
like this
18:35:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:35:07 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro, Rob_Sanderson, sandro, tsyesika, cwebber2, ben_thatmustbeme, dromasca, eprodrom, KevinMarks, Arnaud
18:35:07 [tantek]
trackbot, end meeting
18:35:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:35:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/03/01-social-minutes.html trackbot
18:35:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:35:15 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
18:35:15 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:35:15 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been aaronpk, dmitriz, annbass, rhiaro, Rob_Sanderson, sandro, tsyesika, cwebber2, ben_thatmustbeme, dromasca, eprodrom, KevinMarks, Arnaud