IRC log of social on 2016-02-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:02:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
18:02:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/02/09-social-irc
18:02:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:02:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #social
18:02:09 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
18:02:09 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
18:02:10 [aaronpk]
present+
18:02:10 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
18:02:10 [trackbot]
Date: 09 February 2016
18:02:14 [wilkie]
present+
18:02:16 [tantek]
present+
18:02:16 [bengo]
present+
18:02:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
presen+
18:02:25 [dromasca]
+
18:02:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present+
18:02:35 [akuckartz]
present+
18:02:36 [Arnaud]
present+
18:02:36 [dromasca]
present+
18:02:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
i can minute
18:03:05 [ben_thatmustbeme]
scribenick: ben_thatmustbeme
18:03:15 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-09
18:03:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: lets get started
18:03:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we have two sets of minutes to approve
18:03:39 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-01-26-minutes
18:03:54 [AnnB]
present+
18:03:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... the first set from Jan 26th, look a bit odd
18:04:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... has anyone had a chance to review these minutes?
18:04:12 [tsyesika]
present+
18:04:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... (hearing nothing) well thats not a good sign
18:04:26 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-02-minutes
18:04:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... the other set of minutes is from last week
18:04:37 [eprodrom]
present+ eprodrom
18:04:53 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-02-minutes
18:04:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... which look a bit better
18:05:26 [sandro]
present+
18:05:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: I am the one who did the conversion on 1/26 mintues, so if you want to hold off on those I will fix them
18:05:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: I basically took the IRC log and ran it through pandoc
18:05:56 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-02-minutes
18:06:07 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: we'll postpone that one until last week
18:06:44 [bengo]
+1
18:06:45 [wilkie]
+1
18:06:46 [aaronpk]
+1
18:06:47 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-02-02-minutes
18:06:48 [tsyesika]
+1
18:06:52 [dromasca]
+1
18:06:59 [cwebber2]
+1
18:07:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: votes for minutes from last week?
18:07:05 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:07:18 [eprodrom]
+1
18:07:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: I wasn't here last week but I don't see any resolutions
18:07:21 [wilkie]
eprodrom: you can use http://pandoc.amy.gy/ and update the url it generated to 01/26 to get something reasonable
18:07:32 [ben_thatmustbeme]
RESOLVED: accept minutes from last week
18:07:42 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: Activity Streams 2.0
18:07:45 [tantek]
https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues
18:07:52 [eprodrom]
jasnell: ?
18:07:58 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... first item is update on issues
18:08:13 [tantek]
Zakim, who is here?
18:08:13 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, wilkie, tantek, bengo, ben_thatmustbeme, akuckartz, Arnaud, dromasca, AnnB, tsyesika, eprodrom, sandro
18:08:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, akuckartz, dromasca, AnnB, bengo, dmitriz, eprodrom, tantek, prtksxna, shevski, jasnell, shepazu, bblfish, rhiaro, kevinmarks2, tessierashpool_, ElijahLynn,
18:08:15 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, Arnaud, wseltzer, rrika, elf-pavlik, wilkie, cwebber2, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, jet, ben_thatmustbeme, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, oshepherd, bigbluehat,
18:08:15 [Zakim]
... aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:08:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: is james on the call?
18:08:16 [jasnell]
my regrets.. buried to my eyeballs. I will have an updated WD by the end of the week
18:08:32 [jasnell]
eprodrom: I will open a PR to add those test files to your suite
18:08:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i don't have a lot of updates on issues, we have been holding off on any
18:08:57 [bengo]
jasnell: https://github.com/w3c-social/activitystreams-test-documents/pull/1
18:09:16 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I don't think there have been many new issues so I don't have any update there
18:09:23 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: is amy on the call?
18:09:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
sandro: in a minute
18:09:44 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: the rest of the CR issues seem to be covered by specific things in the agenda
18:09:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: I'll discuss them then
18:10:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: next item then
18:10:02 [Loqi]
Dmitriz made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-03-16]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97470&oldid=97407
18:10:03 [Loqi]
Tantekelik made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-02-02-minutes]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97472&oldid=97406
18:10:04 [Loqi]
Eprodrom made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-01-26-minutes]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97473&oldid=97468
18:10:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: 2 weeks ago we decided that for our test suite we would provide 2 test objects, a collection of AS documents that people can use to test their parsers
18:10:58 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... that process started last week (github link in room)
18:11:21 [eprodrom]
https://github.com/w3c-social/activitystreams-test-documents
18:11:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... started with examples from core and vocab docs. James has a collection of 50 other docs that he will be merging in
18:12:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... this will be our test corpus
18:12:31 [eprodrom]
cwebber2: ?
18:12:39 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i wanted to ask other people who are doing implmentations if they have tried that corpus yet?
18:12:47 [cwebber2]
eprodrom: what's the question for me?
18:13:07 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... chris, it would be good to see if that works with the python implementation
18:13:11 [cwebber2]
(sorry, my phone is busted, and I forgot to book a conference room)
18:13:12 [cwebber2]
ah
18:13:24 [cwebber2]
I'll try to investigate this weekend
18:13:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... the second part of the test suite is producing valid documents so we decided to make an online validator
18:13:43 [cwebber2]
report back next meeting?
18:13:52 [eprodrom]
https://github.com/w3c-social/activitystreams-validator
18:13:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... there is another github project for this
18:14:17 [eprodrom]
https://as2.rocks/
18:14:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... that is a website that will accept AS documents a number of different ways... a live working version at as2.rocks/
18:15:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... would like to get it to a point of having an endpoint to be allow for scripted testing of it
18:15:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... both of these projects are moving along pretty nicely
18:15:23 [bengo]
Cool https://as2.rocks/validate?url=https%3A%2F%2Frawgit.com%2Fw3c-social%2Factivitystreams-test-documents%2Fmaster%2Fvocabulary-ex152-jsonld.json
18:15:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... would be very helpful to start getting some contributions on these
18:15:28 [wilkie]
yeah, I've looked at the code a little bit. haven't managed to get a local server up with 'npm start' yet. it errors about 'const' heh
18:15:37 [wilkie]
I'll figure it out :)
18:16:05 [akuckartz]
eprodrom++
18:16:07 [Loqi]
eprodrom has 31 karma
18:16:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... Its Okay validation, its a pretty straight forward system, it could be a lot better on parse errors. suggestions to correct, line numbers, etc
18:16:32 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any questions about whats going on?
18:16:34 [eprodrom]
wilkie: cool!
18:16:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: do all the test documents pass the validator?
18:17:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: I haven't tried that yet. I have only done some thus far
18:17:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: that might be a good milestone to denote
18:17:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... do we have any error documents in the corpus?
18:17:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: I think we have a couple of "don't do it this way" documents, but not any error documents
18:18:02 [bengo]
https://github.com/w3c-social/activitystreams-test-documents/issues/2
18:18:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: it would be useful for thst to test non-conforming input
18:18:14 [tantek]
q?
18:18:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: anyone else with questions?
18:18:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... no one?
18:19:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: one more question, are you interested in additional submisisons to the corpus like from other implementations?
18:19:27 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: DEFINITELY
18:19:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: lets say that we are putting out an official call for anyone with AS2 producers to submit additional documents to the corpus
18:20:02 [Loqi]
Dmitriz made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-06-07]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97476&oldid=97385
18:20:07 [tantek]
q?
18:20:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: pull requests easiest way to do this
18:20:18 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: lets move on
18:20:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... conformance section update
18:20:35 [tantek]
https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/281
18:21:10 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i started working on a draft for this and i still need to work with james but hopefully we will get it out in the WD that will go out this week
18:21:18 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: do you want WG review?
18:21:49 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... before it publishes in WD, or after the fact?
18:22:09 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: probably better to do review of the whole doc after WD published
18:22:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: tracker actions and issues
18:22:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: there is nothing pending review
18:22:51 [eprodrom]
wilkie: you need to be running the latest stable version of NodeJS
18:22:54 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-03-16
18:22:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... reminder to everyone that we have a F2F coming up at MIT
18:23:06 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:23:06 [Zakim]
Present: aaronpk, wilkie, tantek, bengo, ben_thatmustbeme, akuckartz, Arnaud, dromasca, AnnB, tsyesika, eprodrom, sandro
18:23:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, akuckartz, dromasca, AnnB, bengo, dmitriz, eprodrom, tantek, prtksxna, shevski, jasnell, shepazu, bblfish, rhiaro, kevinmarks2, tessierashpool_, ElijahLynn,
18:23:08 [Zakim]
... KevinMarks, Arnaud, wseltzer, rrika, elf-pavlik, wilkie, cwebber2, trackbot, nickstenn_, Loqi, jet, ben_thatmustbeme, dwhly, bret, bitbear, tsyesika, oshepherd, bigbluehat,
18:23:08 [Zakim]
... aaronpk, raucao, sandro
18:23:20 [wilkie]
eprodrom: dang. ok. that was my suspicion. I quickly gave up and was just looking through the code. will update soon.
18:23:25 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-03-16#Participation
18:23:39 [cwebber2]
oh
18:23:41 [wilkie]
eprodrom: thanks
18:23:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we have 10 people RSVP'd so far, If you are in that Zakim list, but not in participation on the wiki, please add RSVP as going, or possible, or regrets
18:23:45 [AnnB]
I'm attending .. but having probs logging into wiki, hence cannot edit
18:23:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
also the in an IWC the two days before
18:23:59 [tantek]
https://indiewebcamp.com/2016/MIT/Guest_List
18:24:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
and that link
18:24:07 [eprodrom]
wilkie: you can also run it on Docker
18:24:22 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-06-07
18:24:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... there is a link up for the F2F after that
18:24:56 [aaronpk]
(sorry can't talk right now)
18:25:03 [AnnB]
yay for Portland! (note some bad dates .. likely paste error)
18:25:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... much fewer RSVPS, the sooner we have counts, the sooner the host can reserve meeting rooms and such
18:25:19 [aaronpk]
oops sorry about messing up the dates
18:25:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... thats a good time of year to be in portland
18:25:24 [AnnB]
no worries
18:25:28 [tantek]
https://indiewebcamp.com/2016/Guest_List
18:25:33 [wilkie]
eprodrom: yeah, maybe I'll try that
18:25:35 [ben_thatmustbeme]
there is an indiewebcamp summit before that F2F as well
18:25:42 [tantek]
q>
18:25:43 [tantek]
q?
18:25:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
.... any other business?
18:26:15 [cwebber2]
I shoudl be able to make it
18:26:19 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: shevski are you on the call?
18:26:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
shevski: thoughtworks has some questions about things they weren't entirely clear about on as2
18:26:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i will get them to write that up
18:27:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... and maybe we can have them on next week
18:27:13 [Loqi]
I added a countdown for 2/15 10:27am (#5796)
18:27:15 [tantek]
https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues
18:27:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: what would be really helpful for specific issues would be to use github tracker
18:27:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
shevski: they also have a lot of time so they might be able to contribute as well
18:28:10 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: eprodrom did you want to address that
18:28:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: yeah, any help with the test suite would be great
18:28:28 [bengo]
Have them say hi on the list and talk about their use case?
18:28:49 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i want to specifically emphasize that the sooner they bring up those issues on github, the better
18:28:56 [tantek]
q?
18:29:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i think we have reached the end of the agenda
18:29:21 [eprodrom]
Great!
18:29:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... unless anyone has any other issues they want to bring up.....
18:29:52 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... lets call it there then
18:29:53 [cwebber2]
there's nothing to raise in activitypub land; we worked on issues a bit this week but nothing to report that's interesting enough :)
18:29:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... talk to you next week
18:30:00 [AnnB]
thanks Tantek
18:30:02 [Loqi]
Tsyesika made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-03-16]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97477&oldid=97470
18:30:03 [Loqi]
Eprodrom made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-06-07]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97478&oldid=97476
18:30:04 [Loqi]
Tantekelik made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-06-07]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97479&oldid=97478
18:30:05 [Loqi]
Cwebber2 made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2016-06-07]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=97480&oldid=97479
18:30:07 [wilkie]
thanks all
18:30:07 [cwebber2]
lata!
18:30:07 [AnnB]
yay Ben
18:30:11 [wilkie]
ben_thatmustbeme++
18:30:13 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 133 karma
18:30:13 [tantek]
ben_thatmustbeme++ for minuting!
18:30:15 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 134 karma
18:30:16 [cwebber2]
ben_thatmustbeme++
18:30:19 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 135 karma
18:30:31 [akuckartz]
ben_thatmustbeme++
18:30:34 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 136 karma
18:30:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
trackbot: end meeting
18:30:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:30:45 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been aaronpk, wilkie, tantek, bengo, ben_thatmustbeme, akuckartz, Arnaud, dromasca, AnnB, tsyesika, eprodrom, sandro
18:30:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:30:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/02/09-social-minutes.html trackbot
18:30:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:30:54 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items