IRC log of dap on 2016-01-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:54:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/01/21-dap-irc
14:54:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:54:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:54:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:54:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:54:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
14:54:46 [trackbot]
Date: 21 January 2016
14:55:48 [fjh]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2016Jan/0048.html
14:55:54 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2016Jan/0048.html
14:56:06 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
14:56:10 [fjh]
present+ Frederick_Hirsch
15:02:25 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:25 [Zakim]
Present: Frederick_Hirsch
15:02:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, fjh, Andrey_Logvinov, dom, mats, mounir, tobie, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, Mek, trackbot
15:08:43 [tobie]
Present+ Tobie_Langel
15:09:53 [fjh]
Topic: Generic Sensor API
15:09:56 [fjh]
scribeNick: fjh
15:10:14 [fjh]
tobie: working on ambient light spec, plan to have something tomorrow
15:10:25 [fjh]
... pull request for ambient light sensor
15:10:32 [fjh]
... also cleaning up generic sensor API
15:10:45 [fjh]
... had conversation with Chromium implementer about it ???
15:11:08 [fjh]
... looking into Android and IOS, what is exposed to implementations, need to simplfiy some things as a result
15:11:20 [fjh]
... remove what cannot expose properly
15:11:31 [fjh]
... removing everything that is 'nice to have'
15:11:52 [fjh]
... still have questions around sensors that send data on change versus those where pulling data
15:12:12 [fjh]
... not because of hw implementations, but due to how exposed to browser, SDK etc
15:12:21 [fjh]
... have opened issues on these topics, will open some more
15:12:46 [fjh]
... will have up to date WD once ongoing updates are set up by Dom
15:12:59 [fjh]
... question of when to release new version of ambient light
15:13:15 [fjh]
... first get feedback on documents, then consider publishing new WD
15:15:11 [fjh]
fjh: are there multiple issues in the event based versus polling
15:15:23 [fjh]
tobie: will write up more about it, then discuscs
15:15:24 [Andrey_Logvinov]
Present+ Andrey_Logvinov
15:15:49 [fjh]
s/discuscs/discuss/
15:15:57 [fjh]
Topic: Wake Lock
15:16:07 [fjh]
fjh: not enough implementations
15:16:15 [fjh]
dom: only have one implementation
15:16:27 [fjh]
... but only 1 year old, so not too bad
15:16:30 [fjh]
fjh: right
15:17:21 [fjh]
fjh: no need for special draft, like LC
15:17:41 [dom]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-review-announce/
15:17:47 [fjh]
dom: announce to chairs list, public review announce list, update SOTD first
15:18:13 [fjh]
... need to figure which groups to ask specially, web platform, web app sec
15:18:17 [fjh]
fjh: privacy group
15:18:37 [fjh]
dom: Andrey what do you think of starting wide review
15:18:47 [fjh]
andrey: review would be good
15:19:20 [dom]
https://github.com/w3c/wake-lock/issues
15:19:25 [fjh]
dom: what is the plan for the open issues on wakelock?
15:19:35 [fjh]
andrey: need to review them
15:19:39 [fjh]
dom: yes, please
15:19:47 [fjh]
... many are probably out of date
15:20:16 [fjh]
fjh: andrey when might you be able to complete this
15:20:20 [fjh]
andrey: in a week
15:21:02 [fjh]
Topic: Battery
15:21:07 [fjh]
fjh: there has been progress on this
15:21:44 [fjh]
dom: waiting for updated implementation report from AAA, should get report in a few days
15:21:52 [fjh]
... close to requesting PR for that one
15:21:59 [dom]
s/AAA/Zhiqiang
15:22:36 [fjh]
dom: need implementation report and detailed summary, then send transition request
15:22:42 [fjh]
fjh: do we need a call
15:22:58 [fjh]
dom: not sure, otherwise wait until March
15:23:48 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes
15:23:51 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 Jan 2016 are approved, https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2016Jan/att-0011/minutes-2016-01-07.html
15:24:51 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
15:24:53 [fjh]
none
15:24:56 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
15:25:02 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:25:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:29:06 [fjh]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:37:02 [fjh]
s/about it ???/about it/
15:37:06 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:37:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
17:56:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
17:58:31 [mats]
mats has joined #dap
17:58:32 [marcos_fabio]
marcos_fabio has joined #dap