IRC log of sdw on 2015-11-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sdw
19:55:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-irc
19:55:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:55:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sdw
19:55:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SDW
19:55:36 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
19:55:37 [trackbot]
Meeting: Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference
19:55:37 [trackbot]
Date: 11 November 2015
19:55:39 [kerry]
zakim, code?
19:55:39 [Zakim]
I have been told this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m57409f4a882794f437fc8ca01a46ba45 +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number Access code: 648 510 221, pw: vrh6qs24 Host key:
19:55:42 [Zakim]
... 703609
19:57:41 [kerry]
present+ kerry
19:57:53 [frans]
frans has joined #sdw
19:59:31 [eparsons]
eparsons has joined #sdw
19:59:44 [LarsG]
LarsG has joined #sdw
19:59:44 [BartvanLeeuwen]
BartvanLeeuwen has joined #sdw
19:59:53 [frans]
present+ frans
19:59:54 [LarsG]
present+ LarsG
20:00:15 [KJanowicz]
KJanowicz has joined #sdw
20:00:31 [Payam]
Payam has joined #sdw
20:00:33 [Linda]
Linda has joined #sdw
20:01:06 [ClemensPortele]
ClemensPortele has joined #sdw
20:01:16 [ClemensPortele]
present+ ClemensPortele
20:01:17 [kerry]
zakim, code
20:01:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', kerry
20:01:32 [kerry]
zakim,code?
20:01:32 [Zakim]
I have been told this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m57409f4a882794f437fc8ca01a46ba45 +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number Access code: 648 510 221, pw: vrh6qs24 Host key:
20:01:32 [Linda]
present+ Linda
20:01:35 [Zakim]
... 703609
20:01:37 [kerry]
zakim, code
20:01:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', kerry
20:01:44 [Payam]
present+ Payam
20:01:47 [kerry]
zakim, code?
20:01:47 [Zakim]
I have been told this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m57409f4a882794f437fc8ca01a46ba45 +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number Access code: 648 510 221, pw: vrh6qs24 Host key:
20:01:50 [Zakim]
... 703609
20:01:57 [BartvanLeeuwen]
present+ BartvanLeeuwen
20:02:16 [kerry]
regrets+ rachel heaven
20:02:30 [kerry]
regrets+ Jeremy Tandy regrets+ Scott Simmons regrets+ Jon Blower regrets+ Simon Cox regrets+ Matt Perry
20:02:56 [eparsons]
present +eparsons
20:03:10 [KJanowicz]
KJanowicz has joined #sdw
20:03:52 [kerry]
scribe: clemens
20:04:03 [kerry]
scribenick: ClemensPortele
20:04:27 [ClemensPortele]
TOPIC: last meeting minutes
20:04:37 [ClemensPortele]
http://www.w3.org/2015/10/25-sdw-minutes
20:04:45 [ClemensPortele]
http://www.w3.org/2015/10/26-sdw-minutes
20:04:56 [kerry]
+1
20:04:57 [Linda]
+1
20:04:58 [Payam]
+1
20:05:01 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:05:04 [KJanowicz]
+1
20:05:05 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: approving minutes...
20:05:07 [billroberts]
billroberts has joined #sdw
20:05:12 [LarsG]
0 (wasn't there...)
20:05:26 [billroberts]
present+ billroberts
20:05:27 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: minutes approved
20:05:34 [kerry]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
20:05:35 [ClemensPortele]
TOPIC: Patent call
20:05:55 [ClemensPortele]
(nothing declared)
20:06:07 [frans]
I think we just approved the sapporo minutes but not the minutes last weeks meeting?
20:06:14 [AndreaPerego]
AndreaPerego has joined #sdw
20:06:56 [eparsons]
+1
20:07:08 [kerry]
http://www.w3.org/2015/10/26-sdw-minutes
20:07:22 [ClemensPortele]
TOPIC: approve Sapporo minutes
20:07:31 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:07:36 [kerry]
http://www.w3.org/2015/10/25-sdw-minutes
20:07:37 [Linda]
+1
20:07:39 [eparsons]
Proposed : Approve F2F Meeting Minutues
20:07:47 [kerry]
+1
20:07:48 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:07:53 [KJanowicz]
+1
20:07:54 [AndreaPerego]
present+ AndreaPerego
20:08:03 [eparsons]
Approved : Approve F2F Meeting Minutes
20:08:20 [phila]
phila has joined #sdw
20:08:30 [ClemensPortele]
TOPIC: Call for editors for Time and SSN
20:08:41 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: asks for volunteers
20:08:50 [KJanowicz]
Happy to help editing the SSN
20:08:53 [phila]
zakim, code?
20:08:53 [Zakim]
I have been told this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m57409f4a882794f437fc8ca01a46ba45 +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number Access code: 648 510 221, pw: vrh6qs24 Host key:
20:08:54 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: contact Kerry or Ed, if you are interested
20:08:57 [Zakim]
... 703609
20:09:32 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: there is interest already, but please come forward, if you are interested
20:09:43 [kerry]
topic: UCR: Strategy to resolve issues for PWD approval 9 December
20:10:06 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: goal is clean up and new public draft
20:10:24 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: ...then OGC and W3C processes
20:10:47 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: ...should take roughly 9 days to get them through both organisations
20:11:14 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
20:11:26 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: ...reminder this is not the final version, but should become more and more stable
20:11:44 [kerry]
ack next
20:11:52 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: is there room for new use cases?
20:12:25 [ClemensPortele]
frans: yes, until the document is final there is room, but the sooner the better
20:12:30 [kerry]
q?
20:13:08 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: hopes to have it before the end of the year, so probably after the 2nd PWD
20:13:44 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: it is already recorded as an action (ACTION-89?)
20:14:21 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: match the use case and the products
20:15:24 [ClemensPortele]
frans: tracker has matches, some issues are still open - with a discussion thread
20:15:56 [ClemensPortele]
frans: proposing to shift responsibility for resolving from UCR editors to the editors of the other deliverables
20:16:23 [frans]
ISSUE-15: time
20:16:23 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-15 Time req. not clear - represent past, present and future.
20:16:24 [frans]
ISSUE-18: coverage
20:16:24 [frans]
ISSUE-19: coverage
20:16:24 [frans]
ISSUE-20: SSN
20:16:24 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-18 Model Reuse.
20:16:24 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-19 Multiple types of coverage requirement.
20:16:24 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-20 Reference external vocabularies.
20:16:25 [frans]
ISSUE-23: BP
20:16:25 [frans]
ISSUE-24: SSN
20:16:25 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-23 phrasing of the spatial operators requirement.
20:16:25 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-24 clarification of lightweight APIs requirement.
20:16:26 [frans]
ISSUE-26: time
20:16:26 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-26 clarification of temporal vagueness requirement.
20:16:27 [ClemensPortele]
frans: ... these editors need to look at the use cases anyhow
20:16:28 [frans]
ISSUE-28: BP
20:16:28 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-28 That a default crs is a requirement.
20:16:30 [frans]
ISSUE-29: BP
20:16:30 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-29 Add a requirement for linking geometry to CRS.
20:16:32 [frans]
ISSUE-30: BP
20:16:32 [trackbot]
Notes added to ISSUE-30 UCR: missing requirement -- local/contextual spatial references.
20:16:51 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
20:17:14 [kerry]
regrets+ chris little
20:17:18 [ClemensPortele]
frans: any comments on the proposal?
20:17:33 [ClemensPortele]
eparsons: a sensible way forward
20:17:36 [kerry]
regrets+ andreas harth
20:17:55 [kerry]
regrets+ alejandro llaves
20:18:25 [ClemensPortele]
frans: we could create actions for each deliverable / issue pair
20:18:39 [phila]
phila has joined #sdw
20:18:59 [kerry]
q?
20:19:20 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: sounds good
20:20:10 [ClemensPortele]
ACTION: frans to create actions that matches UCR issues and deliverables
20:20:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - Create actions that matches ucr issues and deliverables [on Frans Knibbe - due 2015-11-18].
20:20:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html phila
20:20:34 [kerry]
q?
20:20:38 [eparsons]
Thank you Frans !!!
20:21:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html phila
20:21:39 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: anything else for UCR, frans?
20:21:42 [Payam]
Payam has joined #sdw
20:21:53 [ClemensPortele]
frans: join the discussions
20:22:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html phila
20:22:33 [kerry]
topic: UCR: Issue-16 Time req. out of scope - Valid time
20:22:50 [kerry]
http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/16
20:23:12 [ClemensPortele]
frans: special attention on ISSUE-16, is not related to a particular deliverabke
20:23:22 [ClemensPortele]
s/deliverabke/deliverable/
20:23:42 [phila]
issue-16?
20:23:42 [trackbot]
issue-16 -- Time req. out of scope - Valid time -- open
20:23:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/16
20:24:01 [ClemensPortele]
frans: should we discuss now?
20:24:16 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:24:20 [ClemensPortele]
frans: problematic without Simon etc
20:24:38 [ClemensPortele]
(agreement to move to next week)
20:25:01 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: follow the list and let's try to get to a conclusion next week
20:25:12 [kerry]
q?
20:25:25 [kerry]
BP: Expanding best practice topics
20:25:33 [kerry]
topic: BP: Expanding best practice topics
20:25:48 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: not much time until 9 December
20:26:08 [kerry]
q?
20:26:29 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: in Sapporo most of the meeting was spent on BP
20:27:02 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: ...discussion on narratives, took notes during discussion
20:27:32 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: ...currently post-processing the notes to prepare topics that other could provide content or examples
20:27:46 [Linda]
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#bp-linking
20:28:44 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: linking data is the firs topic
20:28:51 [ClemensPortele]
s/firs/first/
20:28:56 [Linda]
-How to make the links within a dataset discoverable
20:29:41 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
20:29:44 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: anyone who could provide input how to create good links, get the right granularity, etc?
20:29:58 [ClemensPortele]
ack next
20:29:58 [kerry]
ack BartvanLeeuwen
20:31:22 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: is working on a demo for bridging WFS and linked data
20:31:35 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: Is that something that is relevant for this topic?
20:31:43 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: Yes
20:32:03 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:32:20 [frans]
q+
20:32:23 [kerry]
action: bart to write about make the links within the dataset discoverable
20:32:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-94 - Write about make the links within the dataset discoverable [on Bart van Leeuwen - due 2015-11-18].
20:32:31 [KJanowicz]
Bart: wrt WFS and Linked Data, see http://carsten.io/jones-kuhn-kessler-scheider-agile2014.pdf (and other implementations)
20:33:27 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: clarification about the process? email ok or change Github directly?
20:33:38 [kerry]
ack next
20:33:41 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: Both fine, as long as we get the content
20:34:05 [ClemensPortele]
frans: what kind of links? all links or spatial links?
20:34:19 [eparsons]
q+
20:34:28 [kerry]
ack next
20:34:32 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: not specified, but should be related to spatial aspects, eg also links into spatial datasets
20:34:33 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
20:35:19 [kerry]
ack next
20:35:22 [ClemensPortele]
eparsons: could be linking to a thing or the spatial representation, there may be a difference
20:35:32 [BartvanLeeuwen]
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#h-bp-clear-semantics
20:36:37 [phila]
Yes, it was Linksets
20:37:30 [kerry]
q?
20:37:47 [KJanowicz]
+1
20:37:48 [ClemensPortele]
BartvanLeeuwen: need to clarify what's in scope, what's spatial
20:37:51 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
20:37:58 [AndreaPerego]
+1
20:38:14 [ClemensPortele]
eparsons: need to clarify that something without a geometry may be considered spatial and within scope of our work
20:38:17 [frans]
q+
20:38:36 [kerry]
action: linda to add to scope and link data section -- comment o spatail data without a geometry is in scope here
20:38:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-95 - Add to scope and link data section -- comment o spatail data without a geometry is in scope here [on Linda van den Brink - due 2015-11-18].
20:38:36 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: will add this to the BP
20:38:44 [kerry]
ack next
20:39:28 [ClemensPortele]
frans: where one is coming from will influence how that topic is understood
20:39:49 [ClemensPortele]
frans: ...different audiences may require a different wording
20:40:01 [kerry]
+1 to serve both groups of readers in same doc
20:40:07 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: not clear yet how to address this
20:40:23 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1 for one document
20:40:25 [eparsons]
+1 to serve both may need to be more explicit as a result..
20:40:28 [phila]
q+ to say reduce your assumptions
20:40:37 [kerry]
ack phila
20:40:37 [Zakim]
phila, you wanted to say reduce your assumptions
20:40:37 [phila]
ack me
20:41:02 [ClemensPortele]
phila: agrees with frans
20:41:21 [kerry]
q+
20:41:56 [ClemensPortele]
phila: one document, we just need to be clear and make no assumptions about prior knowledge
20:42:10 [frans]
Or: make liberal use of the ability to link to definitions
20:42:29 [phila]
<abbr title="World Wide Web Consortium">W3C</abbr>
20:42:59 [kerry]
q?
20:43:02 [ClemensPortele]
phila: maybe use abbr mechanism in more cases
20:43:05 [kerry]
ack kerry
20:43:35 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: this is about more than just acronyms
20:44:11 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
20:44:14 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: need to think how to present the different viewpoints, likely after 9 December
20:44:15 [kerry]
q?
20:44:32 [Linda]
-Making your spatial data more useful by including links to wellknown spatial resources (things like GeoNames, Wiki/dbPedia, OSM etc)
20:45:13 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: any volunteers for this topic?
20:45:55 [ClemensPortele]
billroberts: I can have a go at that
20:46:15 [kerry]
action: billroberts to write on make the links within the dataset discoverable
20:46:15 [trackbot]
Error finding 'billroberts'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
20:46:43 [kerry]
actio
20:46:54 [Linda]
-Example of how you could link to a particular version of a thing
20:46:55 [kerry]
q?
20:47:09 [phila]
action: roberts to write on make the links within the dataset discoverable
20:47:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Write on make the links within the dataset discoverable [on Bill Roberts - due 2015-11-18].
20:47:21 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: any volunteers for this topic? in particular an example...
20:47:39 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+q
20:47:51 [ClemensPortele]
frans: what is the spatial aspect?
20:47:54 [kerry]
q+
20:48:01 [phila]
q+
20:48:14 [phila]
q+ to talk about Annette Grainier
20:48:24 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q-
20:48:25 [ClemensPortele]
eparsons: not particularly spatial, but occurs often with spatial data
20:49:02 [billroberts]
q+
20:49:22 [ClemensPortele]
frans: I experienced it more as a temporal than a spatial problem
20:49:23 [kerry]
ack phila
20:49:23 [Zakim]
phila, you wanted to talk about Annette Grainier
20:49:39 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
20:50:17 [ClemensPortele]
phila: discussed with DWBP group whether that group has subsetting use case that is not spatial
20:50:27 [frans]
q+
20:50:37 [phila]
q-
20:50:39 [ClemensPortele]
phila: will follow up on this to clarify relationship between groups
20:50:40 [kerry]
action: phila to work on subsetting links
20:50:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Work on subsetting links [on Phil Archer - due 2015-11-18].
20:51:23 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: there is a topic in the DWBP, but high level - we probably need to go deeper
20:51:53 [ClemensPortele]
phila: either provide DWBP with better text or we add it in our own
20:51:59 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q-
20:52:02 [kerry]
q?
20:52:03 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: probably in our own for now
20:52:13 [kerry]
ack next
20:52:20 [kerry]
ack billroberts
20:53:17 [ClemensPortele]
billroberts: versioning should be in scope, but reference elsewhere and put it in a "spatial context" using an example
20:53:41 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: agrees, it should be an example
20:54:49 [kerry]
ack frans
20:55:31 [ClemensPortele]
(discussion about whether a best practice on this topic already exists)
20:56:15 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
20:56:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html phila
20:56:35 [phila]
chair: Kerry
20:56:38 [ClemensPortele]
frans: how to match requirements
20:57:06 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: but should be done without loosing the narrative flow
20:57:12 [Linda]
-A list/matrix of the common formats (GeoJSON, GML, RDF, JSON-LD) and what you can or can't achieve with it.
20:57:38 [frans]
RDF is a format?
20:57:45 [phila]
present+ ahaller2, KJanowicz, Payam, phila
20:58:27 [ClemensPortele]
Linda: any volunteers?
20:58:28 [ahaller2_]
ahaller2_ has joined #sdw
20:59:15 [ClemensPortele]
phila: this will require input from more than one person and may trigger quite a bit of discussion
20:59:46 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: maybe a first attempt for now?
20:59:52 [KJanowicz]
frans: not in a strict sense
21:00:29 [kerry]
action: clemens to look at A list/matrix of the common formats (GeoJSON, GML, RDF, JSON-LD) and what you can or can't achieve with it.
21:00:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Look at a list/matrix of the common formats (geojson, gml, rdf, json-ld) and what you can or can't achieve with it. [on Clemens Portele - due 2015-11-18].
21:01:03 [kerry]
topic: Reminder: next F2F Netherlands 8-10 Feb 2016
21:01:15 [ClemensPortele]
kerry: put Feb 8/9/10 in your calendar
21:01:21 [frans]
8th of february? Bring your ice skates
21:01:32 [ClemensPortele]
q+
21:01:38 [phila]
Looking forward to being in NL again
21:01:39 [KJanowicz]
where exactly will the meeting take place?
21:01:48 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Amersfoort
21:02:22 [kerry]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:02:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html kerry
21:02:23 [frans]
We have one hill, no mountains
21:02:40 [BartvanLeeuwen]
action: to BartvanLeeuwen create a wikipage with information and participants
21:02:40 [trackbot]
Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
21:02:45 [phila]
-> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Amersfoort,+Netherlands/@52.1590355,5.0976695,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c65a9d79977bf1:0x3c16cc2a7f76991e Amersfoort
21:02:48 [BartvanLeeuwen]
action: to Bart create a wikipage with information and participants
21:02:48 [trackbot]
Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
21:02:51 [BartvanLeeuwen]
action: to bart create a wikipage with information and participants
21:02:51 [trackbot]
Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
21:03:02 [kerry]
q?
21:03:18 [phila]
action: Bart to create a wikipage with information and participants
21:03:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Create a wikipage with information and participants [on Bart van Leeuwen - due 2015-11-18].
21:03:21 [AndreaPerego]
Thanks and bye
21:03:23 [Linda]
meeting location: http://www.geonovum.nl/contact/adres-en-route
21:03:25 [eparsons]
thanks bye !
21:03:27 [KJanowicz]
thanks, bye bye
21:03:28 [billroberts]
thanks, bye
21:03:28 [BartvanLeeuwen]
ths bye
21:03:29 [ClemensPortele]
thanks and bye!
21:03:30 [kerry]
bye!
21:03:31 [Payam]
thanks, bye
21:03:32 [LarsG]
thanks, bye
21:03:35 [ahaller2]
thanks, bye
21:03:45 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
21:03:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html phila
21:11:52 [kerry]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:11:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/11/11-sdw-minutes.html kerry
21:13:24 [ahaller2_]
ahaller2_ has joined #sdw
21:34:53 [ahaller2_]
ahaller2_ has joined #sdw
21:55:41 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
22:29:38 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
23:33:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sdw
23:35:36 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw