IRC log of coga on 2015-07-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:40:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:40:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-irc
15:40:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
15:40:50 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Lisa_Seeman
15:41:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Neil Milliken ,E.A. Draffan,
15:42:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:42:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
15:42:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Issue papers - GA
15:42:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Techniques - GA
15:42:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next ftf ideas (TPAC and Katie suggestion)agenda+ Other issue papers
15:42:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:52:43 [Chaohai_Ding]
Chaohai_Ding has joined #coga
15:54:16 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:59:26 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
16:00:36 [ayelet_seeman]
ayelet_seeman has joined #coga
16:00:45 [MichaelC]
agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0088.html
16:01:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
michael, we have an interested party joining the call - is there any problem with that
16:02:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Mike_Pluke
16:03:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:04:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:04:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Current_schedules
16:04:52 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:05:01 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:06:00 [Mike_Pluke]
Deadlines approaching - techniques quite good, but issue papers and gap analysis not on schedule - a delay of about 3 weeks is realistic
16:06:53 [Mike_Pluke]
Deadline 31st July
16:09:04 [Mike_Pluke]
Tony has completed an issue paper on Distraction - with Neil for review
16:11:17 [ayelet_seeman]
https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation
16:12:04 [richardschwerdtfeger]
Present+ Rich
16:12:31 [Mike_Pluke]
Ayelet Github project for JSON (personalization) see link above. Chaohai producing an example JSON script
16:13:45 [ayelet_seeman]
Present+ Ayelet Seeman
16:14:08 [Mike_Pluke]
Debbie - VoiceML - message sent to list prior to meeting
16:15:45 [richardschwerdtfeger]
Present+ Rich
16:16:12 [ddahl]
Present+ Debbie_Dahl
16:17:13 [Mike_Pluke]
Richard will complete security ASAP
16:18:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:19:24 [Mike_Pluke]
John has finished the Action 122 on schedule. Lisa to close.
16:20:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0087.html
16:23:07 [Mike_Pluke]
John is after group input on what symbols to use from those shown on the pages in his 26th July email
16:24:28 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa suggests a need to select a target audience for the symbols - e.g. classic handset OK for MCI but not for a young Down Syndrome user
16:25:30 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:28:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:39:14 [Mike_Pluke]
John has chosen some sample functions to use for the proof of concept task
16:40:13 [Mike_Pluke]
Lisa would like to see full sets of symbols - per cognitive disability (e.g. an MCI set a Down Syndrome set)
16:44:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:44:46 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike suggested that the symbols that are familiar are those being currently being used, or the ones that they once were familiar with (e.g. Windows XP)
16:47:16 [Mike_Pluke]
There will be a confusion between symbol sets for AAC users (it is their language) and those that we are talking about here (Lisa)
16:49:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0091.html
16:49:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:50:15 [Mike_Pluke]
Debbie Dahl's email suggests that "for “Proposed Solutions” we should refer to the many existing resources on voice user interface design rather than try to come up with our own list."
16:50:38 [Mike_Pluke]
+1
16:50:51 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:52:22 [Mike_Pluke]
Debbie volunteered to review the voice user interface resources.
16:56:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: ddahl to summarize relivent existing standards and best practices for voice
16:56:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-124 - Summarize relivent existing standards and best practices for voice [on Deborah Dahl - due 2015-08-03].
16:56:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: mike pluke to find standards for voice
16:56:29 [trackbot]
'mike' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., mpluke, mikes).
16:56:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: mpluke to find standards for voice
16:56:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-125 - Find standards for voice [on Mike Pluke - due 2015-08-03].
16:56:40 [Lisa_Seeman]
+1
16:58:06 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike volunteered to identify the relevant ETSI standards related to VUI (these are not accessibility/cognitive specific)
17:00:43 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has left #coga
17:01:29 [ddahl]
for a great list of IVR codes and phone numbers see www.get2human.com
17:01:41 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:01:42 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:01:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:01:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:02:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:02:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:02:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-actions.rdf :
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ddahl to summarize relivent existing standards and best practices for voice [1]
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-irc#T16-56-03
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mike pluke to find standards for voice [2]
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-irc#T16-56-28
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mpluke to find standards for voice [3]
17:02:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/07/27-coga-irc#T16-56-38