IRC log of sdw on 2015-06-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:46:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sdw
12:46:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-irc
12:46:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
12:46:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sdw
12:46:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SDW
12:46:31 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
12:46:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference
12:46:32 [trackbot]
Date: 10 June 2015
12:46:43 [kerry_]
present+ kerry
12:47:41 [BartvanLeeuwen]
BartvanLeeuwen has joined #sdw
12:52:39 [kerry_]
regrets+ andrea
12:52:49 [kerry_]
regrets+ phila
12:53:01 [kerry_]
regrets+ larsG
12:53:22 [kerry_]
regrests+ stegan
12:53:40 [kerry_]
regrets+ stefan
12:53:57 [kerry_]
regrets+ rachel
12:54:04 [kerry_]
regrets+ simon
12:54:11 [kerry_]
regrets+ simon
12:54:22 [kerry_]
regrets+ clemens
12:54:55 [kerry_]
kerry_ has changed the topic to: best practices https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20150610
12:56:52 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
12:57:51 [eparsons]
eparsons has joined #sdw
12:59:32 [eparsons]
present+ eparsons
12:59:35 [aharth]
aharth has joined #sdw
12:59:42 [aharth]
present+ aharth
13:00:25 [Payam]
Payam has joined #sdw
13:00:25 [Frans]
Frans has joined #sdw
13:00:30 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sdw
13:01:08 [billroberts]
billroberts has joined #sdw
13:01:10 [jtandy]
jtandy has joined #sdw
13:01:25 [jtandy]
present+ jtandy
13:01:25 [AZ]
AZ has joined #sdw
13:01:43 [Alejandro_Llaves]
Alejandro_Llaves has joined #sdw
13:01:51 [Frans]
present+ Frans
13:01:58 [kerry_]
scribe+ bart
13:01:58 [MattPerry]
present+ MattPerry
13:02:09 [joshlieberman]
joshlieberman has joined #sdw
13:02:10 [Alejandro_Llaves]
present+ Alejandro_Llaves
13:02:16 [BartvanLeeuwen]
present+ BartvanLeeuwen
13:02:21 [kerry_]
scribenick: bartvanleeuwen
13:02:30 [ahaller2]
present+ ahaller2
13:02:34 [kerry_]
chair: Kerry
13:02:38 [billroberts]
present+ billroberts
13:02:46 [joshlieberman]
present+ joshlieberman
13:04:26 [Linda]
Linda has joined #sdw
13:04:28 [DanhLePhuoc]
DanhLePhuoc has joined #sdw
13:04:34 [AZ]
AZ has joined #sdw
13:04:40 [DanhLePhuoc]
present+ DanhLePhuoc
13:04:52 [Linda]
present+ Linda
13:05:51 [Frans]
I have just changed my hard mute (button on my headset) to a soft mute (button in webex)
13:05:51 [Payam]
present +Payam
13:06:33 [jtandy]
+1
13:06:34 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Topic: Approve minutes
13:06:41 [kerry_]
http://www.w3.org/2015/06/03-sdw-minutes.html
13:06:48 [Frans]
+1
13:06:55 [Linda]
+1
13:06:56 [billroberts]
+1
13:06:57 [BartvanLeeuwen]
PRoposed: Accept last weeks minutes
13:06:58 [kerry_]
+1
13:06:58 [MattPerry]
+1
13:06:59 [Alejandro_Llaves]
+1
13:07:00 [eparsons]
+1
13:07:01 [joshlieberman]
+!
13:07:05 [jtandy]
+
13:07:06 [jtandy]
+1
13:07:12 [joshlieberman]
+1
13:07:18 [ahaller2]
i was present at last week
13:07:23 [DanhLePhuoc]
+1
13:07:42 [ahaller2]
yes
13:08:06 [ahaller2]
i am hard muted
13:08:06 [ahaller2]
trying to reconnect to webex
13:08:28 [BartvanLeeuwen]
RESOLVED: Accept minutes, Subject to presence change of ahaller2
13:08:40 [PhilippeTh__]
PhilippeTh__ has joined #sdw
13:08:44 [kerry_]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
13:08:46 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Topic: Patent call
13:08:58 [PhilippeTh__]
present+ PhilippeTh
13:09:24 [cory]
cory has joined #sdw
13:09:29 [AZ]
present+ AZ
13:09:57 [kerry_]
Ed to report on Geosemantics WG Summit
13:10:15 [BartvanLeeuwen]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20150610
13:13:18 [cory]
present+ cory
13:13:29 [aharth]
is there a uri to the agenda?
13:13:38 [BartvanLeeuwen]
joshlieberman, explains the position of this WG in OGC. Related to Geosemantics WG Summit. Some of the ontology work might be input to our best practices document
13:13:49 [Frans]
Linked Data identities?
13:13:56 [aharth]
:) the Geosemantics WG Summit agenda
13:15:23 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
13:15:46 [jtandy]
q+ to ask if at future TCs we can upload presentations to the W3C wiki and put links into the OGC meeting folder?
13:16:19 [BartvanLeeuwen]
joshlieberman, its a good lead in to the best practice work
13:16:30 [Frans]
Bart, I think an action for josh needs to be scribed (to make presentations available)
13:17:15 [jtandy]
ACTION: joshlieberman to make the presentations from OGC TC Geosemantics summit available to this group
13:17:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-51 - Make the presentations from ogc tc geosemantics summit available to this group [on Joshua Lieberman - due 2015-06-17].
13:17:38 [kerry_]
ack jtandy
13:17:38 [Zakim]
jtandy, you wanted to ask if at future TCs we can upload presentations to the W3C wiki and put links into the OGC meeting folder?
13:21:12 [jtandy]
ACTION: jtandy to add the need to be "compatible with" rather than "dependent upon" upper ontologies
13:21:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-52 - Add the need to be "compatible with" rather than "dependent upon" upper ontologies [on Jeremy Tandy - due 2015-06-17].
13:21:44 [kerry_]
q?
13:22:00 [BartvanLeeuwen]
topic: Update on UCR status
13:22:25 [BartvanLeeuwen]
kerry_, phila asked if the document can considered frozen ?
13:22:44 [Alejandro_Llaves]
+q
13:23:15 [BartvanLeeuwen]
eparsons, we just need to decide which version we need to use
13:23:41 [Linda]
josh
13:23:50 [jtandy]
q+ to suggest minor editorial change
13:23:53 [Frans]
A snapshot was uploaded to OGC: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Jun/0064.html
13:23:56 [kerry_]
ack ale
13:23:58 [kerry_]
q?
13:24:38 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Alejandro_Llaves, I agree with ed, we ended last week with votes on some editorial changes
13:25:12 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Alejandro_Llaves, if the group is okay with the document as it is now, with the issues we added last week, we should move forward
13:25:30 [BartvanLeeuwen]
kerry_, Frans uploaded a snapshot to OGC
13:25:54 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Frans, Simoncox send a message that phila created a snapshot to put in the OGC portal
13:27:22 [jtandy]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/sdw/jtandy-uc-edit/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html
13:27:38 [BartvanLeeuwen]
jtandy, I would to propose a editorial change
13:27:58 [jtandy]
(this is in the jtandy-uc-edit branch
13:28:16 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Frans, it might be that last weeks snapshot is being processed by OGC
13:28:34 [Alejandro_Llaves]
+1 to Jeremy's proposal
13:28:49 [BartvanLeeuwen]
joshlieberman, there is a 3 week review period
13:28:51 [jtandy]
(you can see that the Issue number in the document is _the_ Issue number in the Tracker ... e.g. the first issue in number 21)
13:29:03 [BartvanLeeuwen]
joshlieberman, all along this process we can update the document
13:29:32 [BartvanLeeuwen]
joshlieberman, it is likely the public release won't happen to somewhere in July
13:29:36 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
13:30:05 [BartvanLeeuwen]
jtandy, FPWD and OGC documents should be the same
13:30:45 [jtandy]
q-
13:31:52 [Alejandro_Llaves]
yes, please!
13:32:22 [kerry_]
q?
13:33:20 [jtandy]
ACTION: jtandy to show Frans and Alejandro_Llaves how to create a frozen snapshot for FPWD
13:33:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-53 - Show frans and alejandro_llaves how to create a frozen snapshot for fpwd [on Jeremy Tandy - due 2015-06-17].
13:34:12 [ahaller2]
ahaller2 has joined #sdw
13:34:40 [jtandy]
+1 to "it's ok to have missing reqs at this tage"
13:34:47 [jtandy]
s/tage/stage/
13:35:50 [Alejandro_Llaves]
+q
13:36:30 [kerry_]
q?
13:36:45 [jtandy]
(Frans: the Pull Request is at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/6 )
13:37:31 [Alejandro_Llaves]
Merged ;)
13:37:42 [kerry_]
ack
13:37:53 [kerry_]
ack alej
13:38:01 [kerry_]
ack bart
13:38:55 [kerry_]
topic: charter and bestpractice
13:39:57 [BartvanLeeuwen]
kerry_, visit the timeline and work on what the BP should look like
13:40:23 [kerry_]
http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/charter
13:42:18 [kerry_]
q?
13:42:19 [kerry_]
q?
13:45:11 [kerry_]
q?
13:47:08 [jtandy]
(see the UK best practice for URIs at http://ukgovld.github.io/ukgovldwg/recommendations/uri-patterns.html )
13:47:22 [eparsons]
q+
13:47:56 [aharth]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Technology_Talks
13:49:18 [Frans]
q+
13:49:35 [jtandy]
q+
13:49:41 [eparsons]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles
13:49:45 [kerry_]
ack ed
13:49:52 [kerry_]
ack eparsons
13:50:24 [Frans]
+1 for describing the audience of the BP document
13:50:38 [kerry_]
ack frans
13:51:56 [kerry_]
action: kerry to check timescale for deliverables and report on wiki
13:51:56 [trackbot]
'kerry' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., ktaylor2, Kerry).
13:52:50 [kerry_]
q?
13:53:20 [eparsons]
+1 for jtandy 's timescall
13:54:02 [jtandy]
action: kerry_ to check timescale for deliverables and report on wiki
13:54:02 [trackbot]
Error finding 'kerry_'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
13:54:18 [kerry_]
ack q?
13:54:27 [kerry_]
ack jtandy
13:54:40 [BartvanLeeuwen]
action: ktaylor to check timescale for deliverables and report on wiki
13:54:40 [trackbot]
Error finding 'ktaylor'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.
13:54:52 [kerry_]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles
13:57:35 [billroberts]
will do
13:58:07 [eparsons]
bye !
13:58:08 [billroberts]
thanks, bye
13:58:09 [Linda]
bye, thank you!
13:58:11 [Alejandro_Llaves]
thanks, bye!
13:58:13 [MattPerry]
bye
13:58:27 [kerry_]
rrrsagent, make logs public
13:58:31 [ahaller2]
thanks, bye
13:58:39 [kerry_]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:58:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html kerry_
14:06:50 [BartvanLeeuwen]
kerry_, that was exactly what I expected to happen :(
15:07:09 [jtandy]
jtandy has joined #sdw
16:24:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sdw