IRC log of coga on 2015-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:45:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
16:45:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/01/12-coga-irc
16:46:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
16:46:05 [Zakim]
ok, Lisa_Seeman; I see WAI_CogTF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
16:48:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: John Rochford, Barry Johnson, Mary Jo Mueller, Susann Keohane, Kinshuk, Steve Lee, , Anthony Doran, E.A. Draffan, Deborah Dahl,
16:53:52 [Chaohai_Ding]
Chaohai_Ding has joined #coga
16:55:18 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
16:55:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:55:42 [Chaohai_Ding]
[IPcaller] is me
16:56:37 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman
16:57:03 [Zakim]
-Lisa_Seeman
16:57:30 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:57:32 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has ended
16:57:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were [IPcaller], Lisa_Seeman
16:57:44 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
16:57:50 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:57:51 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman
16:58:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
16:58:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:58:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:58:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review of agenda, new items
16:58:08 [Chaohai_Ding]
Zakim IPcaller is me
16:58:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive function table
16:58:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ steps for editors draft. Abstract.
16:58:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Techniques
16:58:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ ideas for gathering more techniques
16:58:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ issue papers, new suggestions - safety and interchangeable web components.
16:58:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next FTF
16:58:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
16:59:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda -
17:01:29 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:01:33 [janina]
zakim, ??P4 is me
17:01:33 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
17:01:46 [Chaohai_Ding]
Zakim, IPcaller is me
17:01:46 [Zakim]
+Chaohai_Ding; got it
17:04:28 [Zakim]
+??P8
17:05:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Lisa_Seeman
17:06:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim next item,
17:06:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:06:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "review of agenda, new items" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:07:10 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
17:07:31 [Zakim]
+Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:07:33 [MichaelC]
https://w3c.github.io/coga/user-research/
17:07:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
Cognitive Accessibility User Research describes the challenges of using
17:07:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
web technologies for users with learning disabilities or cognitive
17:07:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
disabilities. This basis will support subsequent documents that will
17:08:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
suggest potential strategies to improve accessibility for these user
17:08:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
groups, and identify gaps in the features of current technologies and
17:08:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
guidelines to fulfill those strategies. The research includes
17:08:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
challenges in the areas of attention, executive function,
17:08:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
knowledge, language language, literacy, memory,
17:08:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
perception, and reasoning.
17:08:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
It describes the user groups of the
17:08:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
following disabilities: Aging-Related Cognitive Decline, Aphasia,
17:08:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Down Syndrome,
17:08:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, and Non-Verbal. Additional user groups may be
17:08:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
added to future versions.
17:10:48 [Zakim]
+neilmilliken
17:11:04 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #coga
17:12:55 [Zakim]
-Lisa_Seeman
17:14:48 [Lisa_Seeman_]
Lisa_Seeman_ has joined #coga
17:15:09 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman
17:16:12 [Zakim]
-Lisa_Seeman
17:16:34 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman
17:17:16 [Tim]
Tim has joined #coga
17:20:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
will leave out behavoural as people will be upset if emotional disabilities are not covered well
17:20:27 [MichaelC]
proposed abstract now:
17:20:27 [MichaelC]
Cognitive Accessibility User Research describes the challenges of using web technologies for users with learning disabilities or cognitive disabilities. This basis will support subsequent documents that will suggest potential strategies to improve accessibility for these user groups, and identify gaps in the features of current technologies and guidelines to fulfill those strategies. The research describes challenges in the areas of attention, executive
17:20:28 [MichaelC]
function, knowledge, language, literacy, memory, perception, and reasoning. It is organized by user groups of the following disabilities: Aging-Related Cognitive Decline, Aphasia, Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Down Syndrome, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, and Non-Verbal. Additional user groups may be added to future versions.
17:20:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who is here?
17:20:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Chaohai_Ding (muted), janina, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, neilmilliken, Lisa_Seeman
17:20:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Tim, Lisa_Seeman, neilmilliken, richardschwerdtfeger, Chaohai_Ding, RRSAgent, Zakim, MichaelC, janina, trackbot
17:20:47 [Zakim]
-janina
17:21:01 [janina]
janina has joined #coga
17:21:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: neilmilliken
17:22:24 [neilmilliken]
Michael Cooper - think that we are ok on the abstract.
17:22:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:22:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive function table" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:22:39 [neilmilliken]
LS any objections?
17:22:50 [neilmilliken]
No objections raised
17:23:35 [neilmilliken]
Lisa Seeman nags Neil to Add Dyscalculia techniques and write issue paper
17:25:01 [MichaelC]
-> https://github.com/w3c/coga New COGA repository - edit in ¨master¨ branch, not the side branch like in the other repository
17:25:39 [neilmilliken]
Planning a session with EA Draffan and Abi James to work on the Issue papers on Numbers
17:25:39 [Zakim]
+Janina
17:27:52 [neilmilliken]
Michael Cooper looking in to giving access for editing via the new Git hub repository
17:28:02 [neilmilliken]
MC has restructured the repository
17:28:39 [neilmilliken]
Users need to give MC their Git hub account to get edit access
17:28:54 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
17:29:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:29:09 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "steps for editors draft. Abstract." taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:29:50 [neilmilliken]
Nex Item is techniques and we dont have the quorum for the discussion today
17:31:31 [neilmilliken]
LS wants to encourage people to leverage research that is out there. Neilsen have published research report on usability for seniors can I cite it or will that cause problems with copy right.
17:32:04 [neilmilliken]
MC if cited normally there should not be a problem but we should probably be careful.
17:32:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:33:43 [neilmilliken]
We need to be more careful citing non public resources it needs to be done in a specific way.
17:34:01 [neilmilliken]
LS where can we gather more techniques?
17:34:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:34:45 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Techniques" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:35:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who is here?
17:35:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Chaohai_Ding (muted), Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, neilmilliken, Lisa_Seeman, Janina, Tim_Boland
17:35:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see janina, Tim, Lisa_Seeman, neilmilliken, richardschwerdtfeger, Chaohai_Ding, RRSAgent, Zakim, MichaelC, trackbot
17:35:39 [neilmilliken]
I had 2 more suggestions for issue papers
17:36:03 [neilmilliken]
LS there was 1 on being able to interchange components
17:37:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:37:50 [Chaohai_Ding]
I also discuss with EA about using the Linked Data for interlinking the symbols
17:38:06 [neilmilliken]
LS we had an example of a media player that is very easy to use, would it be possible to replace one video player with another - does anyone else know of any other ways that this might be done. What about user style sheets for CSS
17:38:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute janina
17:38:08 [Zakim]
Janina should now be muted
17:38:42 [Zakim]
-Janina
17:40:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:42:03 [neilmilliken]
LS another paper we could do with having is one about protecting people from scammers and abusers online. Risk to people of getting them online and opening them up to potential parasites and scams
17:42:44 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:43:16 [Zakim]
-??P4
17:44:29 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:45:43 [neilmilliken]
MC we could ask the security working group about best practices
17:45:50 [Zakim]
-??P4
17:46:13 [janina]
zakim, who's here?
17:46:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Chaohai_Ding (muted), Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, neilmilliken, Lisa_Seeman, Tim_Boland
17:46:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see janina, Tim, Lisa_Seeman, neilmilliken, richardschwerdtfeger, Chaohai_Ding, RRSAgent, Zakim, MichaelC, trackbot
17:46:44 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:46:50 [janina]
zakim, ??P4 is me
17:46:50 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
17:47:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
not just me having zakim issues
17:47:16 [neilmilliken]
LS requests that the MC contact the security WG
17:47:17 [janina]
My apologies for being so noisy today
17:47:31 [Tim]
+1
17:47:51 [neilmilliken]
Agreement from all on call that this was desireable.
17:48:59 [neilmilliken]
LS Raises the question of Face to face
17:49:43 [neilmilliken]
Janina venue and dates keep morphing may be in London or Seattle some time in April
17:49:53 [neilmilliken]
London would be good for me
17:50:11 [neilmilliken]
I could supply room in London
17:50:33 [Chaohai_Ding]
+1
17:54:04 [neilmilliken]
MC for publication checks I have to check for broken links and I found a couple of broken links.
17:54:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:56:05 [neilmilliken]
I need to remove any that we cannot fix
17:56:30 [neilmilliken]
MC we can flag where links have been removed
17:56:48 [Tim]
what happens if links become out of date (shoudl we have a note)?
17:57:27 [neilmilliken]
LS Agree with Neil we do want to fix the links.
17:57:47 [neilmilliken]
MC will send the list of links to the mailing list.
18:00:04 [neilmilliken]
MC its difficult when publishing on the web to know how long stuff will stay current. We must assume that at time of publication all material is up to date - it is harder to predict how long it will stay that way after publication.
18:00:15 [Chaohai_Ding]
not for me
18:00:21 [Tim]
no
18:01:11 [neilmilliken]
Agreed to try to fix what we can and then remove temporarily for publication allowing us time to revisit and fix for next iteration
18:01:25 [neilmilliken]
Expected publication on thursday
18:03:54 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
18:03:54 [neilmilliken]
Zakim, make minutes
18:03:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'make minutes', neilmilliken
18:03:56 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
18:03:57 [Zakim]
-janina
18:04:04 [Chaohai_Ding]
Thanks
18:04:05 [Zakim]
-Lisa_Seeman
18:04:05 [Chaohai_Ding]
bye
18:04:12 [Zakim]
-Chaohai_Ding
18:04:31 [Zakim]
-Rich_Schwerdtfeger
18:04:33 [neilmilliken]
rrsagent, create minutes 
18:04:33 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'create minutes ', neilmilliken. Try /msg RRSAgent help
18:04:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:04:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
18:04:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/12-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
18:05:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
(yippy)
18:05:16 [Zakim]
-neilmilliken
18:05:18 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has ended
18:05:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were Lisa_Seeman, janina, Chaohai_Ding, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, neilmilliken, Tim_Boland
18:05:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
thahanks niel
18:05:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
18:05:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
18:05:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
18:05:45 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items