IRC log of i18n on 2014-09-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
13:58:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:58:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
13:58:34 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
13:58:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:58:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
13:58:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_CoreWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:58:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
13:58:39 [trackbot]
Date: 11 September 2014
13:58:55 [aphillip]
13:59:01 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:59:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
13:59:09 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
13:59:14 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
13:59:18 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
13:59:25 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:59:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
13:59:46 [koji]
koji has joined #i18n
14:00:29 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()10:00AM has now started
14:00:36 [Zakim]
14:00:41 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
14:00:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see aphillip
14:00:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see koji, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, fantasai, trackbot
14:01:57 [Zakim]
14:02:02 [Leandro]
Leandro has joined #i18n
14:02:30 [Zakim]
14:04:14 [aphillip]
Regrets: Richard
14:04:40 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
14:04:48 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda
14:05:00 [aphillip]
Regrets+ Mati
14:05:21 [Zakim]
14:05:22 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft minute', aphillip. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:05:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
14:05:48 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
14:06:30 [aphillip]
close action-342
14:06:30 [trackbot]
Closed action-342.
14:06:37 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
14:06:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
14:07:20 [aphillip]
koji: korean and other east asian
14:07:30 [aphillip]
... css wants to poll
14:07:39 [koji]
14:08:04 [aphillip]
koji: three or four options in wiki page
14:08:33 [aphillip]
... (see document table)
14:08:42 [aphillip]
... question is which is better
14:09:50 [aphillip]
koji: conclusion of css is prefer content-language based algorithm
14:10:02 [aphillip]
... doesn't make sense to have list of languages in css text
14:10:47 [aphillip]
... separate list or table with i18n's help
14:11:06 [aphillip]
... will write to i18n in a formal
14:11:37 [aphillip]
koji: working on UTR50
14:11:58 [aphillip]
... utc review coming soon
14:12:04 [aphillip]
... published in a couple of weeks
14:12:24 [aphillip]
Topic: RADAR
14:12:29 [koji]
14:12:36 [aphillip]
14:13:05 [aphillip]
Topic: What Time Is This Meeting At?
14:13:23 [aphillip]
14:14:17 [aphillip]
addison: propose we keep this (UTC) time
14:14:25 [aphillip]
(JcK and leandro and koji agree with it)
14:14:47 [aphillip]
Topic: Encoding CR News
14:15:30 [aphillip]
addison: publishing next week (16th)
14:15:45 [aphillip]
Topic: CSS Text comments, CSS predefined counter styles, and other CSS stuff
14:16:25 [aphillip]
14:17:31 [aphillip]
action: richard: reply to CSS Text issues listed in linked email in minutes with satisfaction (if satisfied)
14:17:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-343 - Reply to css text issues listed in linked email in minutes with satisfaction (if satisfied) [on Richard Ishida - due 2014-09-18].
14:17:48 [aphillip]
14:17:48 [trackbot]
issue-334 -- 'letter-spacing' and Indic -- open
14:17:48 [trackbot]
14:19:45 [koji]
14:19:55 [koji]
14:21:01 [aphillip]
addison: perhaps add a note about this? not sure why rejected
14:21:13 [aphillip]
koji: better to refer to ILREQ
14:21:20 [aphillip]
koji: CR by TPAC
14:21:58 [aphillip]
addison: may have FPWD by then
14:22:17 [aphillip]
action: addison: respond to css on issue-334
14:22:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-344 - Respond to css on issue-334 [on Addison Phillips - due 2014-09-18].
14:23:22 [aphillip]
Topic: URL Spec, IRI Status and other fun
14:23:35 [aphillip]
14:24:19 [aphillip]
addison: sent above email
14:24:25 [aphillip]
... url to get same treatment as encoding
14:27:45 [aphillip]
Topic: Charmod
14:27:58 [aphillip]
14:29:10 [aphillip]
addison: reminder that we need to work on this document
14:29:30 [aphillip]
jck: probable regrets next week
14:29:37 [aphillip]
... may cure insomnia by reading
14:29:45 [aphillip]
leandro: will look
14:30:54 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
14:31:34 [Zakim]
14:31:36 [Zakim]
14:31:38 [Zakim]
14:31:38 [Zakim]
14:31:40 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()10:00AM has ended
14:31:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were aphillip, koji, leandro, JcK
14:31:46 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:31:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
14:32:02 [JcK]
JcK has left #i18n
14:32:13 [aphillip]
Present: Addison, Koji, Leandro, JcK
14:32:20 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:32:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aphillip
16:01:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n