IRC log of dap on 2014-08-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:07:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:07:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/08/21-dap-irc
13:07:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:07:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:07:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:07:57 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 53 minutes
13:07:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:07:58 [trackbot]
Date: 21 August 2014
13:08:27 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0047.html
13:08:38 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0047.html
13:09:00 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:09:13 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:09:33 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
13:09:38 [fjh]
Topic: Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
13:12:30 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
13:18:34 [bogdanovichiy]
bogdanovichiy has joined #dap
13:18:44 [bogdanovichiy]
bogdanovichiy has left #dap
13:19:13 [ilya]
ilya has joined #dap
13:24:54 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
13:58:03 [mats]
Present+ Mats_Wichmann
13:58:58 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:59:05 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:59:22 [mats]
Zakim, ??P0 is mats
13:59:22 [Zakim]
+mats; got it
13:59:41 [anssik]
anssik has joined #dap
14:00:00 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:00:04 [anssik]
zakim, ??P1 is me
14:00:05 [Zakim]
+anssik; got it
14:00:11 [anssik]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:00:20 [anssik]
zakim, who is here
14:00:20 [Zakim]
anssik, you need to end that query with '?'
14:00:23 [anssik]
zakim, who is here?
14:00:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mats, anssik
14:00:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see anssik, ilya, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dom, richt, mats, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, slightlyoff, trackbot
14:00:51 [Zakim]
+ +7.495.974.aaaa
14:01:05 [ilya]
Present+ Ilya_Bogdanovich
14:01:19 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
14:04:00 [fjh]
zakim, code>'
14:04:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code>'', fjh
14:04:05 [fjh]
zakim, code?
14:04:05 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), fjh
14:04:07 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:04:39 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:05:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.857.300.aabb
14:05:12 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:06:51 [Zakim]
- +1.857.300.aabb
14:07:13 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
14:07:37 [fjh]
zakim, who is here
14:07:37 [Zakim]
fjh, you need to end that query with '?'
14:07:41 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:07:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mats, anssik, +7.495.974.aaaa (muted), Cathy, Frederick_Hirsch
14:07:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, anssik, ilya, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dom, richt, mats, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, slightlyoff, trackbot
14:08:05 [ilya]
it is Ilya
14:08:26 [fjh]
Reminder, TPAC registration is open (however, DAP has no plans to meet) http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/
14:08:47 [fjh]
News related to W3C process updates. For specs apart from wake lock we will continue to use old process.
14:08:48 [fjh]
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0012.html and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0030.html
14:09:54 [fjh]
anssik: process change, ReSpec has flag which refers to which process version
14:10:20 [fjh]
anssik: fyi, one line config change in ReSpec to deal with process version
14:10:32 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:10:38 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 7 August 2014
14:10:38 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/att-0014/minutes-2014-08-07.html
14:10:44 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 August 2014 are approved
14:11:12 [fjh]
Topic: CfC for CR publication of HTML Media Capture, Light, Vibration
14:11:21 [fjh]
CfC, ends 21 Aug: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0016.html
14:11:22 [fjh]
Planned CR publication on 28 August 2014
14:11:22 [fjh]
Please respond on list
14:11:54 [fjh]
fjh: Anssi, thanks for preparing the CR drafts, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0048.html
14:12:08 [fjh]
anssi: yes, please all take a look make sure it is ok
14:12:27 [fjh]
fjh: will need director transition call to progress
14:12:50 [fjh]
action: dom to arrange Director transition call for CR for HTML Media Capture, Light, Vibration before 28 Aug planned publication date
14:12:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-711 - Arrange director transition call for cr for html media capture, light, vibration before 28 aug planned publication date [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2014-08-28].
14:13:36 [fjh]
fjh: i don’t believe any non-substantive changes apart from status section
14:14:26 [fjh]
fjh: language in HTML Media Capture status says “There have been no substantive changes"
14:14:31 [fjh]
fjh: were there any?
14:14:44 [fjh]
anssi: some references had case changes etc
14:14:52 [fjh]
fjh: ok, will look at diff more closely
14:15:14 [fjh]
fjh: everyone please take a look, respond to CfC on list
14:15:24 [fjh]
Topic: CfC for LC Battery publication
14:15:48 [fjh]
CfC, ends 21 Aug,: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0037.html
14:15:49 [fjh]
Please include draft changes subsequent to CfC email in considering CfC: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0046.html
14:15:56 [fjh]
Please respond on list, indicating support, including these updates (with [CfC battery] in subject)
14:16:00 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:16:01 [dom]
Zakim, ??P20 is me
14:16:01 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:16:22 [fjh]
fjh: anssi prepared LC draft, please review http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0049.html
14:17:56 [fjh]
dom: may not need transition call, but need to review that, may not be able to do by 28 Aug
14:18:00 [dom]
[we need a transition request first and foremost]
14:18:54 [fjh]
fjh: Need formal transition request, explain what happened resolution from LC, then Dom can use that to determine with Director whether we need a call
14:20:18 [fjh]
fjh: I will make transition request after CfC completes. Let’s keep the publication date until we have better information.
14:21:16 [fjh]
fjh: would like to see if we can all publications together but will determine that later, no transition request
14:22:36 [fjh]
Topic: Charter planning
14:22:56 [fjh]
fjh: how extensive do we want to be about revising the charter, tweak or major rewrite
14:23:09 [fjh]
dom: if we don’t change it can just extend it
14:23:40 [anssik]
q+
14:23:41 [fjh]
dom: otherwise need to recharter, or if we want to define a mechanism for adding new deliverables ore easily
14:24:01 [fjh]
dom: this could be a good idea, but a CfC might not be sufficient for adding deliverables, could try it
14:24:06 [fjh]
ack anssik
14:24:22 [fjh]
dom: haven’t seen new deliverables
14:27:25 [dom]
dom: HTML has extensions specs; CSS may also have a mechanism
14:27:32 [dom]
... WebApps can get stuff from HTML WG
14:27:44 [dom]
... I'll take an action item to look more into this
14:27:47 [fjh_]
fjh_ has joined #dap
14:27:54 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into chartering extensibility
14:27:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-712 - Look into chartering extensibility [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2014-08-28].
14:28:15 [fjh_]
zakim, who is here?
14:28:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mats, anssik, +7.495.974.aaaa (muted), Cathy, Frederick_Hirsch, dom
14:28:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh_, Cathy, anssik, ilya, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, dom, richt, mats, tobie, Josh_Soref, mounir, slightlyoff, trackbot
14:28:48 [fjh_]
Topic: Wake Lock
14:29:46 [fjh_]
plan to progress wake lock under current charter: see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0035.html
14:29:46 [fjh_]
support has been noted on mail list:
14:29:48 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0036.html
14:29:49 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0043.html
14:29:51 [fjh_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0045.html
14:29:52 [fjh_]
Use cases published as W3C Note, please note: http://www.w3.org/TR/wake-lock-use-cases/
14:29:53 [fjh_]
Editors draft status and next steps
14:30:14 [fjh_]
Topic: Test update
14:30:23 [fjh_]
Vibration status update? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0019.html
14:30:32 [fjh_]
fjh: anssi, did you get any response
14:30:39 [fjh_]
anssik: no, will need to check with him
14:32:33 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/TR/discovery-api/
14:33:16 [anssik]
pub history: http://www.w3.org/standards/history/discovery-api
14:34:34 [fjh]
action: fjh to follow up on status of Network Service Discovery and plans going forward, also Named Web Sockets
14:34:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-713 - Follow up on status of network service discovery and plans going forward, also named web sockets [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2014-08-28].
14:35:10 [fjh]
fjh: ok to postpone NSD issues since we’ve stopped NSD
14:35:16 [fjh]
dom: it is a WD not a Note
14:35:32 [fjh]
fjh: a, right, so we need to decide whether to continue work or publish note
14:35:44 [fjh]
dom: also need to review where we are with Named Web Sockets
14:35:56 [anssik]
asked if BroadcastChannel addresses the same use cases as Named Web Sockets proposal
14:36:07 [fjh]
fjh: will take action to follow up, we should resolve; my impression is that we had stopped work on NSD but we need to be more formal about it
14:36:32 [anssik]
also, would like to know if implementers are aware and/or interested in experimenting with NWS
14:36:36 [Zakim]
-dom
14:36:51 [fjh]
dom: should check on implementer interest
14:37:01 [anssik]
both Firefox and Chrome are experimenting with BroadcastChannel IIRC
14:37:22 [fjh]
do you have a link?
14:38:48 [anssik]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/comms.html#broadcasting-to-other-browsing-contexts
14:39:14 [fjh]
anssik: probably in html nightly as well
14:39:22 [fjh]
Topic: Action review
14:39:47 [fjh]
ACTION-706?
14:39:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-706 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Add resolution to lc-2945 to draft -- due 2014-08-14 -- OPEN
14:39:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/706
14:39:55 [fjh]
close ACTION-706
14:39:55 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-706.
14:44:07 [ilya]
no questions
14:44:22 [ilya]
bye
14:44:24 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:44:25 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:44:25 [Zakim]
- +7.495.974.aaaa
14:44:29 [Zakim]
-mats
14:44:31 [Zakim]
-anssik
14:44:31 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:44:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were mats, anssik, +7.495.974.aaaa, Frederick_Hirsch, Cathy, +1.857.300.aabb, dom
14:44:41 [fjh]
close ACTION-705
14:44:41 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-705.
14:44:50 [fjh]
close ACTION-707
14:44:50 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-707.
14:45:02 [fjh]
ACTION-705?
14:45:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-705 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Add warning to Battery API that (naive) implementation of API could negatively affect battery life -- due 2014-08-11 -- CLOSED
14:45:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/705
14:45:06 [fjh]
ACTION-707?
14:45:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-707 -- Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc for cr for html media capture, ambient light events, vibration api -- due 2014-08-14 -- CLOSED
14:45:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/707
14:45:10 [fjh]
action-708?
14:45:10 [trackbot]
action-708 -- Anssi Kostiainen to to ask zhiqiang to complete vibration tests -- due 2014-08-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:45:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/708
14:45:22 [fjh]
open ACTION-708
14:45:31 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
14:45:38 [fjh]
close ACTION-708
14:45:38 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-708.
14:45:44 [fjh]
action-709?
14:45:44 [trackbot]
action-709 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Follow upon on issue-166 and http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-device-apis/2014jul/0003.html -- due 2014-08-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:45:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/709
14:45:49 [fjh]
close ACTION-709?
14:45:49 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-709.
14:45:53 [fjh]
action-710?
14:45:53 [trackbot]
action-710 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Look at issue-168 http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/168 -- due 2014-08-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:45:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/710
14:46:00 [fjh]
close ACTION-710
14:46:00 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-710.
14:46:56 [fjh]
fjh: only open actions are those assigned at today’s meeting: Dom to arrange transition call, look into chartering extensibility, Frederick to follow up on NSD and Named Web Sockets
14:47:05 [fjh]
Topic: Issues
14:47:13 [fjh]
fjh: only open issues are for NSD
14:47:28 [fjh]
fjh: will move all these issues to postponed
14:47:36 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
14:47:37 [fjh]
None
14:47:59 [fjh]
Next meeting, scheduled for 4 Sept, http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes.html#upcoming-teleconferences
14:48:00 [fjh]
s/None//
14:48:04 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
14:48:08 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:48:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:48:44 [fjh]
Present+ Cathy_Chan
14:48:49 [fjh]
Present- Cathy
14:49:13 [fjh]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
14:49:29 [fjh]
s/it is Ilya//
14:49:48 [fjh]
s/process change, ReSpec/regarding process change, ReSpec/
14:50:50 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:50:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:52:41 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
14:53:26 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
14:57:34 [fjh]
Regrets+ Giri_Mandyam
14:59:13 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:59:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:59:41 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
14:59:57 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
15:04:49 [ilya]
ilya has joined #dap
15:15:01 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
15:42:50 [ilya]
ilya has joined #dap
17:04:31 [anssik]
anssik has joined #dap
17:19:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
18:00:09 [ilya]
ilya has joined #dap
19:05:16 [ilya]
ilya has joined #dap