IRC log of coga on 2014-06-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:23:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:23:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:24:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
15:24:04 [Zakim]
ok, Lisa_Seeman; I see WAI_CogTF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 36 minutes
15:25:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Jim Allen, John Rochford, Debra Ruh,Kinshuk,John Foliot
15:25:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
chair: Lisa_Seeman
15:36:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Neil Milliken
15:52:10 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
15:52:17 [Zakim]
15:56:01 [KateDeibel]
KateDeibel has joined #coga
15:57:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P5 is Lisa_Seeman
15:57:16 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman; got it
15:58:53 [Zakim]
15:59:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Kinshuk
15:59:42 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P11 is KateDeibel
15:59:42 [Zakim]
+KateDeibel; got it
15:59:46 [KateDeibel]
zakim, ??P11 is KateDeibel
15:59:46 [Zakim]
I already had ??P11 as KateDeibel, KateDeibel
16:00:32 [Zakim]
16:01:00 [MaryJo]
MaryJo has joined #coga
16:02:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.445.aaaa
16:04:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +1.512.445.aaaa is SusannKeohane
16:04:02 [Zakim]
+SusannKeohane; got it
16:04:33 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
16:04:38 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:05:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who's here?
16:05:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, KateDeibel, Mary_Jo_Mueller, SusannKeohane
16:05:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ddahl, Susann_Keohane, MaryJo, KateDeibel, RRSAgent, Zakim, Lisa_Seeman, MichaelC, Barry, janina, slee, trackbot
16:05:35 [Zakim]
16:05:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
I dont think we have enough for quorm
16:06:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
so lets go over the aging subgroup
16:06:51 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:08:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Mary_Jo_Mueller,
16:08:07 [Zakim]
16:08:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:08:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:08:49 [MaryJo]
topic: Review of Aging & Dementia sub-group wiki information
16:09:15 [Zakim]
16:11:11 [MaryJo]
Katie: We want to know if this is the right level of content in the section.
16:12:21 [Zakim]
16:12:44 [slee]
sorry I'm late
16:12:46 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
16:13:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P6 is slee
16:13:11 [Zakim]
+slee; got it
16:13:50 [Zakim]
16:14:45 [slee]
Hi richardschwerdtfeger
16:15:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
Cognitive Decline Due to Aging
16:15:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
Symptoms: Cognitive Decline Due to Aging
16:17:47 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:19:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
Characteristics of Content Optimized for Aging and Dementia
16:19:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
a bit cofucing
16:19:36 [MaryJo]
LS: Give more context on the repeated sub-headings as they get confusing
16:20:00 [Zakim]
16:20:12 [MaryJo]
LS: ICT challenges should be only technology challenges instead of things like losing keys.
16:20:45 [MaryJo]
LS: The more you can put into the ICT challenges and user stories, the better.
16:22:01 [janina]
zakim, call janina
16:22:01 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
16:22:02 [Zakim]
16:22:14 [MaryJo]
LS: For someone with Alzheimers, larger fonts is an issue, but if it is a setting or a step they have to do to increase the font it can be an issue because it adds another step to remember.
16:22:30 [janina]
zakim, mute me
16:22:30 [Zakim]
Janina should now be muted
16:22:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:23:07 [MaryJo]
LS: for how they use the web section. Where do people with alzheimers give up, what are they avoiding because it is too hard to do?
16:23:47 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:24:21 [MaryJo]
LS: Follow W3C guidance on how to cite materials.
16:25:07 [Barry]
Barry has joined #coga
16:25:08 [KateDeibel]
16:25:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:27:06 [MaryJo]
KD: Has references of recent papers of what people with aging and dementia want in technology. Will send these to the list after the call.
16:28:26 [MaryJo]
LS: Could brainstorm what could be done in Web content for people who are aging or have dementia.
16:28:55 [MaryJo]
LS: Reading is one of the last capabilities to go, so having symbols along with text is best.
16:29:40 [MaryJo]
LS: Have less function per screen or page. Essential interface is less confusing
16:30:22 [MaryJo]
LS: Have a very standard interface. Easier to remember.
16:31:43 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:31:43 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
16:33:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:34:12 [MaryJo]
topic: Adaptable web content
16:34:56 [MaryJo]
LS: There may be different user needs per disability type. It is important to understand what optimized content is best for each of the groups.
16:35:28 [MaryJo]
LS: Also to know what semantics are needed for each of the groups.
16:37:08 [MaryJo]
LS: If you've got a page and want a way to make a standard menu that is usable by people with dementia, or another cognitive disability. What would that look like?
16:37:14 [richardschwerdtfeger]
Here is the floe project:
16:37:30 [richardschwerdtfeger]
click on the show display preferences
16:38:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:38:20 [Zakim]
16:38:31 [MaryJo]
LS: Standard symbol semantics and vocabulary could be helpful.
16:38:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:40:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:40:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack kate
16:42:27 [MaryJo]
KD: We could categories for available technologies - like which make content adaptable, etc.
16:44:22 [MaryJo]
KD: Standard readability metrics focus on the text not the reader.
16:45:34 [MaryJo]
KD: Sentence length would likely have an effect on readability and understandability.
16:46:57 [MaryJo]
LS: We could put together a page of what's useful to make content adaptable.
16:47:47 [MaryJo]
LS: Will make a first pass on creating the adaptable page.
16:49:18 [MaryJo]
SK: Once the page is started it's easier to contribute. We can collect technologies on the page and everyone can look to see if they have anything to contribute.
16:50:00 [MaryJo]
topic: HTML 5 wishlist
16:50:20 [MaryJo]
LS: The current list is what PF wants
16:50:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:50:53 [MaryJo]
LS: Please take a look from our task force's perspective
16:53:51 [Zakim]
16:53:52 [Zakim]
16:53:53 [MaryJo]
zakim, bye
16:53:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
16:53:54 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Lisa_Seeman, KateDeibel, Mary_Jo_Mueller, SusannKeohane, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Debbie_Dahl, Joseph_O´Conno, slee, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,
16:53:54 [Zakim]
... Cooper, Janina
16:53:58 [MaryJo]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:53:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MaryJo
16:54:39 [simpleirc1]
simpleirc1 has joined #COGA
17:00:51 [janina]
janina has left #coga
17:03:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:10:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
17:14:13 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
17:20:35 [Lisa_Seeman_]
Lisa_Seeman_ has joined #coga
18:13:25 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga