IRC log of coga on 2014-06-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:25:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:25:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/06/16-coga-irc
15:25:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
15:25:43 [Zakim]
ok, Lisa_Seeman; I see WAI_CogTF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 35 minutes
15:25:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
chair: Lisa_Seeman
15:28:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:28:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ preview agenda
15:28:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ set scribe
15:29:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, groups
15:29:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ schedules
15:29:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ technology reviews
15:29:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ techniques page
15:29:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ user group findings
15:29:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ technology reviews and approaches: functional approach to inclusion, APIP
15:29:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:51:18 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
15:51:24 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:52:02 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:52:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.856.aaaa
15:54:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Kinshuk
15:54:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P0 is Lisa_Seeman
15:54:26 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman; got it
15:54:55 [JohnRochford]
zakim, ??P1 is JohnRochford
15:54:55 [Zakim]
I already had ??P1 as david_stroup, JohnRochford
15:55:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, + +1.508.856.aaaa is JohnRochford
15:55:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+ +1.508.856.aaaa is JohnRochford', Lisa_Seeman
15:55:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +1.508.856.aaaa is JohnRochford
15:55:24 [Zakim]
+JohnRochford; got it
15:58:20 [janina]
Hi, Lisa. I'll be moving about during the COGA hour today, but will try to stay on phone.
15:58:35 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
15:59:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.804.749.aabb
16:00:12 [Zakim]
+Joseph_O´Conno
16:00:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +1.804.749.aabb is DebraRue
16:00:58 [Zakim]
+DebraRue; got it
16:01:47 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:01:53 [Zakim]
+ +44.203.618.aacc
16:01:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
16:02:13 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:02:17 [Tony_Doran_]
Tony_Doran_ has joined #coga
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+[GVoice]
16:02:48 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #coga
16:03:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P8 is slee
16:03:03 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
16:03:04 [Zakim]
+slee; got it
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:03:42 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +44.203.618.aacc is neil
16:03:42 [Zakim]
+neil; got it
16:03:46 [Elle_Waters]
Elle_Waters has joined #coga
16:03:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:03:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.659.aadd
16:04:36 [MichaelC]
zakim, aadd is Susann_Keohane
16:04:36 [Zakim]
+Susann_Keohane; got it
16:04:47 [Susann_Keohane]
zakim, +1.512.659.aadd is Susann_Keohane
16:04:47 [Zakim]
sorry, Susann_Keohane, I do not recognize a party named '+1.512.659.aadd'
16:04:54 [MichaelC]
ack me
16:05:06 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
16:05:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, [IPcaller] is elle
16:05:10 [Zakim]
sorry, Lisa_Seeman, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller]'
16:05:14 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is Elle_Waters
16:05:14 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'IPcaller'
16:05:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who's here?
16:05:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, JohnRochford, DebraRue, Joseph_O´Conno, slee, neil, [GVoice], Michael_Cooper, Susann_Keohane
16:05:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Elle_Waters, Susann_Keohane, neilmilliken, Tony_Doran_, ddahl, Tony_Doran, JohnRochford, RRSAgent, Zakim, Lisa_Seeman, MichaelC, slee, janina, trackbot
16:06:03 [Zakim]
+Debbie_Dahl
16:06:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, [GVoice] is Elle_Waters
16:06:08 [Zakim]
+Elle_Waters; got it
16:06:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
16:06:36 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:06:48 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:07:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:07:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/
16:07:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who's here?
16:07:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, JohnRochford, DebraRue, Joseph_O´Conno, slee, neil, Elle_Waters, Michael_Cooper (muted), Susann_Keohane, Debbie_Dahl, [IPcaller]
16:07:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Tony_Doran, Elle_Waters, Susann_Keohane, neilmilliken, Tony_Doran_, ddahl, JohnRochford, RRSAgent, Zakim, Lisa_Seeman, MichaelC, slee, janina, trackbot
16:08:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is EA_Draffan
16:08:07 [Tony_Doran]
Apologies everyone, I can't seem to get a phone connection to hold up.
16:08:08 [Zakim]
+EA_Draffan; got it
16:08:24 [JohnRochford]
Kinshuk sends his regrets
16:11:02 [JohnRochford]
Joseph: Non-vocal gap analysis not yet finished, profiles/personas needed
16:11:55 [Zakim]
+Janina
16:12:13 [JohnRochford]
Debra: Down Syndrome gap analysis - John Foliot will add content provided by Debra
16:12:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:12:40 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
16:13:19 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: contacted WebAIM, Jared Smith may join task force
16:13:41 [Zakim]
+Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:15:10 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
16:15:58 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: gap analyses will include technologies in a broader space, from an architectual point of view
16:16:09 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #coga
16:17:29 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: informal meeting after call about what to put into a gap analysis
16:19:48 [MichaelC]
ack me
16:20:03 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute me
16:20:03 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should now be muted
16:21:11 [JohnRochford]
John & Neil: About autism gap anaylis - new info about profiles/personas to be added this week
16:23:20 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: current plan for gap analyses - 6 weeks internal review, 6 weeks external review, disability user groups, technologies review
16:23:34 [Zakim]
-EA_Draffan
16:24:07 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: pre-review and review of background research before submission to parent groups
16:24:41 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: timeframe = about 3 months
16:25:16 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Are people comfortable with this timeline?
16:25:53 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: time frame of 3 months started last week
16:26:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Reports#June_2014_-_Task_Force_Report
16:27:42 [JohnRochford]
Rich: Do we have a criteria by which we will evaluate the gap analyses?
16:27:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Introduction#Methodology_in_User_Research
16:28:39 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: responds to Rich by providing web addresses of examples
16:30:12 [richardschwerdtfeger]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkuU97mmSy0mdGMxRm5IdVVOUllhTThqeE9tYnZuMnc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
16:31:35 [JohnRochford]
Rich: Web address is to example of what he thinks is needed for gap analyses
16:32:50 [JohnRochford]
Rich: Task Force is welcome to use anything from the info he just provided
16:34:31 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Does anyone prefer to hold out on short summaries until metrics of technologies are decided?
16:38:35 [richardschwerdtfeger]
+1
16:38:39 [Elle_Waters]
I think that's best, yes.
16:38:51 [Ryladog]
+1
16:39:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:40:36 [Zakim]
-Janina
16:41:06 [neilmilliken]
q+
16:45:02 [neilmilliken]
I would like a skeleton
16:45:13 [neilmilliken]
with limited info and links
16:45:29 [neilmilliken]
not a finished summary.
16:46:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
Q?
16:46:44 [neilmilliken]
q-
16:47:14 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Proposition 1: Hold out on summaries until tech piece.
16:47:35 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Proposition 2: Iterative approach to summaries first
16:47:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
1. hold out on short summaries until metrics of technologies are decided?
16:47:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
2. iterative approach and summaries now.
16:49:05 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: summaries refer to technologies such as GPII and Fluid
16:49:26 [richardschwerdtfeger]
+1 to 2
16:49:38 [neilmilliken]
2 for me
16:49:42 [Elle_Waters]
2 is good for me
16:49:47 [JohnRochford]
+1 to 2
16:49:48 [slee]
2
16:49:49 [Elle_Waters]
(as long as we actually iterate! :) )
16:49:58 [ddahl]
2 for me
16:50:36 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Motion for proposition 2 has been carried
16:50:37 [janina]
janina has joined #coga
16:50:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
Assistive technologies such as AAC and AAC core vocabularies
16:50:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
Reading techs
16:50:51 [Lisa_Seeman]
Adaptability
16:50:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
APIP and IMS
16:50:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
Daisy and epub
16:50:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
Aria
16:50:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
Indi ui
16:50:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
Fluid
16:51:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
ISO
16:51:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
Voice ML and menu systems
16:51:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
RDFA
16:51:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
Web Security (Including CAPTUR)
16:51:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:51:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
Web RTC (real time communications)
16:51:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
WCAG
16:51:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
Access for all and GPII
16:51:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
EMMA
16:51:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
Also see HTML 5 wishlist
16:51:20 [Ryladog]
+1 to 2
16:51:22 [richardschwerdtfeger]
ISO?
16:51:39 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:51:50 [janina]
zakim, ??P13 is me
16:51:50 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
16:52:45 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
16:52:56 [slee]
ISO 24751
16:54:05 [Ryladog]
http://www.imsglobal.org/accessibility/
16:54:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
add userbility knowlage
16:54:57 [neilmilliken]
agree with elle there are various strands
16:55:09 [neilmilliken]
I have already done som cross over mapping
16:55:26 [neilmilliken]
elle do you want to work with me on this?
16:55:43 [Zakim]
-DebraRue
16:55:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: elle do useability review - step 1: defining scope and terms
16:55:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-17 - Do useability review - step 1: defining scope and terms [on Elle Waters - due 2014-06-23].
16:55:58 [JohnRochford]
Elle: Wants feedback about defining terms and scope
16:56:02 [JohnRochford]
9mostly)
16:56:41 [neilmilliken]
q+
16:56:43 [JohnRochford]
Elle: wants feedback mostly about defining terminoligy and language
16:57:34 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
16:57:39 [Zakim]
-Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:58:01 [Zakim]
-janina
16:58:06 [EA]
Readability scores - Flesch and Fog Analysis?
16:58:08 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
16:58:39 [slee]
EA: yes that sort of thing
16:59:09 [slee]
and tools that support them
16:59:18 [EA]
Readability tends to measure the length of words used in sentences and scores on that basis - so could be used for saying how easy a piece of text might be.
17:00:36 [Zakim]
-Debbie_Dahl
17:00:36 [Elle_Waters]
elle@simplyaccessible.com
17:00:43 [JohnRochford]
rrsagent, stop log
17:00:43 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'stop log', JohnRochford. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:00:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Dyslexia
17:00:50 [Zakim]
-neil
17:01:47 [Zakim]
-JohnRochford
17:12:27 [Zakim]
-Susann_Keohane
17:14:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Introduction#Methodology_in_User_Research
17:16:07 [EA]
How do we gather information from users with Aphasia etc when we do not have ethics? I think I could only do it from experience and friends
17:34:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/
17:36:59 [josephoconnor]
josephoconnor has joined #coga
17:39:33 [josephoconnor]
Lisa, can you send the last link again?
17:41:21 [Zakim]
-Lisa_Seeman
17:41:24 [Zakim]
-slee
17:41:26 [Zakim]
-Elle_Waters
17:41:27 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:41:28 [Zakim]
-Joseph_O´Conno
17:41:30 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has ended
17:41:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were Lisa_Seeman, JohnRochford, Joseph_O´Conno, DebraRue, slee, Michael_Cooper, neil, +1.512.659.aadd, Susann_Keohane, Debbie_Dahl, Elle_Waters, EA_Draffan, Janina,
17:41:30 [Zakim]
... Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Katie_Haritos-Shea, [IPcaller]
17:41:31 [Elle_Waters]
cheers!
17:41:38 [slee]
:)
17:41:47 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:41:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:41:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/16-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:42:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:42:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:42:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:42:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/16-coga-actions.rdf :
17:42:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: elle do useability review - step 1: defining scope and terms [1]
17:42:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/16-coga-irc#T16-55-45