IRC log of coga on 2014-06-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:33:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:33:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/06/09-coga-irc
15:36:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
15:36:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:36:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ preview agenda
15:36:19 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ set scribe
15:36:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, groups
15:36:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ think about schedules
15:36:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ user group findings (if ready)
15:36:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ what other technologies and approaches should we be reviewing
15:36:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ continuation of discussion on how to present techniques
15:36:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:39:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #coga
15:39:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
15:39:13 [Zakim]
ok, Lisa_Seeman; I see WAI_CogTF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 21 minutes
15:39:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
chair: Lisa_Seeman
15:39:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:39:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ set scribe
15:39:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, groups
15:39:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ think about schedules, tpac
15:40:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ user group findings (if ready)
15:40:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ what other technologies and approaches should we be reviewing
15:40:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ continuation of discussion on how to present techniques
15:40:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:42:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: EA Draffan, John Rochford, Tim Boland , maybe Liddy
15:50:56 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
15:51:03 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:55:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P0 is Lisa_Seeman
15:55:33 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman; got it
15:57:56 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
15:59:19 [Tony_Doran]
Hi Folks - British Telecom are in my street at the moment, my connection has been flakey for the last hour and landline phone
15:59:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
sorry to here that...
15:59:34 [Tony_Doran]
Apologies if I drop out
15:59:55 [Tony_Doran]
Anytime I see a BT van I know someone is in for some fun :)
16:00:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
:)
16:00:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
That is one way to look at it
16:00:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
r u calling in?
16:00:48 [Zakim]
+ +44.203.618.aaaa
16:01:21 [Zakim]
+ +44.289.442.aabb
16:01:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +44.203.618.aaaa is Neil
16:01:26 [Zakim]
+Neil; got it
16:01:26 [Tony_Doran]
Trying to now
16:01:49 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #coga
16:02:10 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +44.289.442.aabb is tony_doran
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+tony_doran; got it
16:02:13 [Zakim]
+Mary_Jo_Mueller
16:02:58 [neilmilliken]
+44.203.618.aabb is neilmilliken
16:03:03 [slee]
Hi folks - can I be included?
16:03:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
hi steve _
16:03:23 [neilmilliken]
zakim, +44.203.618.aabb is neilmilliken
16:03:23 [Zakim]
sorry, neilmilliken, I do not recognize a party named '+44.203.618.aabb'
16:03:27 [MaryJo]
MaryJo has joined #coga
16:04:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
steve can u call in
16:04:20 [slee]
oops forgot it's Zakim
16:04:57 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:05:27 [MaryJo]
scribe: MaryJo
16:06:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, who's here?
16:06:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, Neil, tony_doran, Mary_Jo_Mueller
16:06:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ddahl, MaryJo, neilmilliken, Tony_Doran, Zakim, RRSAgent, Lisa_Seeman, SuzanneT, MichaelC, slee, janina_, trackbot
16:06:13 [Zakim]
+??P4
16:06:40 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P4 may be slee
16:06:40 [Zakim]
+slee?; got it
16:06:41 [Zakim]
+Debbie_Dahl
16:07:05 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:07:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "set scribe" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:07:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.659.aacc
16:07:26 [MaryJo]
zakim,close item 1
16:07:26 [Zakim]
agendum 1, set scribe, closed
16:07:27 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:07:27 [Zakim]
2. review actions, groups [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:07:38 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:07:38 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "review actions, groups" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:07:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/
16:08:14 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
16:09:03 [MaryJo]
LS: We'll have to start setting schedules for our disability groups, as no one on the call has any progress to note.
16:09:43 [Susann_Keohane]
zakim, aacc is Susann_Keohane
16:09:43 [Zakim]
+Susann_Keohane; got it
16:11:04 [MaryJo]
LS: Action item is a review of APIP to analyze that research, but Suzanne Taylor isn't on the call.
16:11:23 [MaryJo]
zakim,next item
16:11:23 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "think about schedules, tpac" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:11:59 [MaryJo]
LS: Scheduling is a process. We need to do the gap analysis and the WCAG and PF working groups will need to review it.
16:12:00 [neilmilliken]
We've been working with John Rochford on Autism - we have made progress on user scenarios.
16:12:19 [MaryJo]
LS: They are wondering where we are at in our work and when we'll have something for them to review.
16:13:01 [MaryJo]
LS: We need to analyze what is missing. We need to know when each sub-group will have a draft.
16:13:37 [MaryJo]
LS: Lisa is willing to help pull together the drafts to bring forward to the working groups.
16:14:13 [MaryJo]
s/will have a draft/will have a draft of the gap analysis/
16:14:25 [neilmilliken]
Q+
16:14:30 [MaryJo]
LS: Needs group input to set up a schedule.
16:15:24 [ddahl]
q+ to ask if we plan to publish several drafts as we collect sections
16:16:28 [MaryJo]
NM: Perhaps we can provide the work we've done so far into manageable pieces to send to the working groups to review, instead of waiting to have everything ready.
16:17:30 [MaryJo]
LS: GPII and Access for All work should be written up in the wiki like we did with APII.
16:18:07 [MaryJo]
LS: With a view of how we can use it in the future cognitive work.
16:18:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: Lisa ping steve on actions on GPII and access 4 all review
16:18:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-12 - Ping steve on actions on gpii and access 4 all review [on Lisa Seeman - due 2014-06-16].
16:19:19 [MaryJo]
Steve: Can get a draft out in about two weeks.
16:20:48 [MaryJo]
LS: For Neil's suggestion, need to put together a schedule for the literary review and the useful technologies and then the other gap analysis sections can come later.
16:21:04 [MaryJo]
LS: What should be in the background research sections?
16:21:58 [MaryJo]
LS: There are 5 sections to the gap analysis, so the background research is for the analysis of the use cases. When should we target those sections being complete?
16:23:09 [MaryJo]
LS: Question raised about how in-depth these research sections should be. The dyslexia and discalculia sections can be used as a guide.
16:24:30 [MaryJo]
LS: This is a high level discussion of research areas, and in-depth analysis in user stories of these users when they use technology and the web.
16:25:09 [neilmilliken]
Q+
16:25:09 [MaryJo]
LS: Technology analysis can also be high level with links. The analysis of the challenges should be more in-depth.
16:26:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Dyslexia
16:28:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:28:43 [MaryJo]
DD: Break up the work into what we want to publish first, and then later publish what we want to add.
16:30:07 [MaryJo]
NM: Have done some work regarding different cognitive difficulties around autism and for dementia and aging and need access to the wiki.
16:30:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack dd
16:30:55 [Zakim]
ddahl, you wanted to ask if we plan to publish several drafts as we collect sections
16:31:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
ACK ne
16:31:58 [MaryJo]
NM: Not sure how to chunk the sections and what will be due when or if we should draft everything to get initial feedback.
16:33:27 [MaryJo]
LS: Would like to put out a first draft of section 2 in three months.
16:34:19 [MaryJo]
LS: That means that we would have an internal review in 6 weeks and have time to incorporate our group's feedback before publishing the draft.
16:35:02 [MaryJo]
LS: We'll need group buy-in on this, so will send out an email to the TF.
16:35:03 [Zakim]
+tony_doran.a
16:35:10 [Tony_Doran]
I am sorry call is dropping a lot
16:36:44 [slee]
what is that? KeyPac?
16:36:56 [MaryJo]
LS: We should try to do a F2F at TPAC, or else schedule another F2F. TPAC is the end of October, but we'll have trouble getting a meeting room.
16:37:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:37:41 [MaryJo]
LS: If we could meet the day before TPAC or day after that would be good. Should we meet before TPAC since it is 4 months away?
16:38:22 [slee]
MaryJo: So it's "TPAC" thanks
16:38:38 [MaryJo]
NM: TPAC will probably be the best timing since people will be on holiday in August.
16:39:19 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:39:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "user group findings (if ready)" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:39:46 [MaryJo]
LS: W3C is using GitHub more than the wiki for the documents. Should we switch to GitHub?
16:40:09 [MaryJo]
LS: Some people don't like the wiki, so we could check into porting over to GitHub.
16:40:21 [MaryJo]
LS: Will check to see if this is an option
16:40:39 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:40:39 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "what other technologies and approaches should we be reviewing" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:41:30 [slee]
I don;t see the direct relationship between a wiki (shared doc) and git hub (version control + issues + web pages)
16:41:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: cynthia do review aria
16:41:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-13 - Do review aria [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2014-06-16].
16:41:38 [MaryJo]
LS: Possibly IDSA, WAI-ARIA (Cynthia Shelley), Fluid (Rich)
16:41:54 [MaryJo]
s/Shelley/Shelly/
16:42:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: rich review fluid
16:42:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-14 - Review fluid [on Richard Schwerdtfeger - due 2014-06-16].
16:42:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: lisa review RDFA
16:42:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Review rdfa [on Lisa Seeman - due 2014-06-16].
16:43:57 [MaryJo]
SK: For user groups - Will be looking into ADD/ADHD with Mary Jo, but hasn't gotten started yet.
16:44:14 [MaryJo]
s/hasn't/haven't/
16:45:44 [neilmilliken]
Liddy was talking about globish
16:45:50 [MaryJo]
DD: We could look at speech and language technologies that do language simplification. These may not be mature enough today, but are maturing.
16:46:02 [Tony_Doran]
Agree on the simplification
16:46:27 [Tony_Doran]
Summarisation has moved a fair bit in the last few years
16:46:33 [MaryJo]
DD: There are also summarization technologies that are better than language simplification, readability calculations, and others.
16:46:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: ddahl: simplification tech review
16:46:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-16 - Simplification tech review [on Deborah Dahl - due 2014-06-16].
16:47:03 [neilmilliken]
tony are you volunteering :-)?
16:47:03 [MaryJo]
DD: These technologies could be helpful for cognitive disabilities, such as dyslexia.
16:48:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
tony do you want to review how reading level mesurements help ?
16:48:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:48:21 [MaryJo]
s/mesurements/measurements/
16:50:24 [MaryJo]
NM: There's a lot of technologies out there that we may not be aware of. May need to put out a note to wider group to gather knowledge about that.
16:50:57 [neilmilliken]
https://webmail.it-solutions.atos.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=K-Qzlbd740C2MsOQXYTnUmgz_gaTV9EIMWCcvYEFPrZ6bakstZSwamR0zM96YFW75Mq_Y1tXQIs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.alltogetherwecan.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f05%2fiPad-Apps-for-Complex-Communication-Support-Needs.pdf
16:51:04 [MaryJo]
LS: Need someone to look into IndieUI as well.
16:51:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/TechniquesCOGA.html
16:51:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Good_and_bad_practices
16:52:17 [neilmilliken]
http://www.thoughtworks.com/radar/#/
16:52:51 [neilmilliken]
http://www.alltogetherwecan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/iPad-Apps-for-Complex-Communication-Support-Needs.pdf
16:55:18 [MaryJo]
zakim, next item
16:55:18 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "continuation of discussion on how to present techniques" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:55:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Good_and_bad_practices
16:55:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/TechniquesCOGA.html
16:56:15 [MaryJo]
The second link has a more traditional heading structure.
16:56:37 [MaryJo]
s/The second link/LS: The second link/
16:56:49 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:57:16 [MaryJo]
LS: As we go through the user groups and begin coming up with techniqes to help, this is a draft about how to possibly document them.
16:57:42 [MaryJo]
LS: This is more about cognitive functions rather than disability names.
16:58:43 [Zakim]
-Susann_Keohane
17:00:12 [Tony_Doran]
Sorry folks my call dropped and I can't get back in as it's late
17:00:33 [MaryJo]
LS: Would like to get feedback on which structure/way to document is better. There is a list of WCAG criteria that would need to be met to address the user needs of people with cognitive disabilities.
17:01:19 [MaryJo]
LS: It would be used to collect ideas as we are working on our disability type, so we don't lose these types of thoughts as we are working.
17:02:24 [MaryJo]
LS: We aren't working on making this complete just yet.
17:03:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:03:10 [slee]
q?
17:03:31 [slee]
q+
17:04:09 [neilmilliken]
I have to go now see you next week
17:04:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=67703&public=1
17:05:06 [Zakim]
-Debbie_Dahl
17:05:11 [MaryJo]
zakim, bye
17:05:11 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Lisa_Seeman, Neil, tony_doran, Mary_Jo_Mueller, slee?, Debbie_Dahl, +1.512.659.aacc, Susann_Keohane
17:05:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:05:19 [MaryJo]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:05:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/09-coga-minutes.html MaryJo
17:05:44 [slee]
Thanks all
17:07:23 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
18:11:55 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga
18:44:42 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga
19:45:40 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:01:56 [MaryJo]
Meeting: Cognitive Task Force
20:02:03 [MaryJo]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:02:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/09-coga-minutes.html MaryJo
20:19:12 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga
20:30:05 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
22:18:47 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #coga
22:58:22 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga