IRC log of eval on 2014-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:48:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eval
14:48:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/03/13-eval-irc
14:48:56 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:48:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eval
14:48:58 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3825
14:48:58 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)11:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:59 [trackbot]
Meeting: WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force Teleconference
14:48:59 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2014
14:52:27 [MartijnHoutepen]
MartijnHoutepen has joined #eval
14:56:26 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:56:26 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)11:00AM has not yet started, shadi
14:56:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see MartijnHoutepen, Zakim, RRSAgent, Kathy, shadi, trackbot
14:56:44 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
14:56:44 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
14:56:45 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)11:00AM has now started
14:56:46 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:58:59 [Liz]
Liz has joined #eval
14:59:06 [EricVelleman]
EricVelleman has joined #eval
14:59:35 [Zakim]
+Liz
15:00:33 [Sarah_Swierenga]
Sarah_Swierenga has joined #eval
15:00:37 [Zakim]
+MartijnHoutepen
15:01:00 [Zakim]
+Sarah_Swierenga
15:01:00 [Detlev]
Detlev has joined #eval
15:01:03 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda?
15:01:43 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda+ test-run
15:01:58 [Zakim]
+??P7
15:02:00 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda + open call for evaluations
15:02:21 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda+ Disposition of comments
15:03:20 [MartijnHoutepen]
zakim, mute me
15:03:20 [Zakim]
MartijnHoutepen should now be muted
15:04:05 [Zakim]
+Suzann_Keohane
15:04:15 [MaryJo]
MaryJo has joined #eval
15:05:18 [MartijnHoutepen]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:05:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Liz, MartijnHoutepen (muted), Sarah_Swierenga, ??P7, Suzann_Keohane
15:05:34 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, ??p7 is EricVelleman
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+EricVelleman; got it
15:05:37 [Zakim]
+Detlev
15:05:42 [MartijnHoutepen]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/minutes
15:06:18 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda?
15:06:18 [Detlev]
scribe: Detlev
15:06:34 [MoeKraft]
MoeKraft has joined #eval
15:06:49 [Detlev]
Eric: test run discussion
15:06:54 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, Suzann_Keohane is really MaryJo
15:06:54 [Zakim]
+MaryJo; got it
15:06:58 [Zakim]
+MoeKraft
15:07:21 [Detlev]
Eric: sent round info thid morning
15:07:25 [Detlev]
q+
15:07:30 [Sarah_Swierenga]
q+
15:07:54 [shadi]
Detlev: thought we agreed to have controlled test run
15:08:07 [shadi]
...and additionally people to evaluate other websites
15:08:23 [shadi]
...but now it looks like we are all doing one website
15:09:44 [shadi]
...confused about this change
15:09:47 [Detlev]
Detlev: explains his understanding
15:09:54 [shadi]
q- detlev
15:10:07 [richard]
richard has joined #eval
15:10:22 [Detlev]
Eric: explains his understandign (first the one site, later more)
15:10:29 [shadi]
ack sarah
15:10:47 [Detlev]
Sarah: one survey for the one identifed site, another one for open evaluations
15:10:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:11:03 [Detlev]
Sarah: survwey just for the one werbsite?
15:11:11 [Detlev]
Eric: yes, at the moment
15:11:51 [Detlev]
Eric: could remove name of site from survey
15:11:51 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is richard
15:11:51 [Zakim]
+richard; got it
15:11:56 [EricVelleman]
q?
15:11:56 [shadi]
q+
15:12:01 [Detlev]
I would prefer that
15:12:02 [shadi]
ack me
15:12:18 [Sarah_Swierenga]
+1 to generic survey for other websites
15:12:21 [Sarah_Swierenga]
q+
15:12:29 [Detlev]
Shadi: prefers not to have the chosen werbsite named in public
15:13:14 [Detlev]
Shadi: two versions: one only for the group, send urls off-list; another general public survey
15:14:06 [Detlev]
Shadi: remove link from our survey, provide URL off-list
15:14:22 [Detlev]
Eric: why
15:14:55 [richard]
I agree with Shadi
15:15:03 [Detlev]
Shadi: people should not get hung up that we evaluated this particvular website - the important thing is feedback on methodology
15:15:43 [Detlev]
Sarah: As long as survey is distributed just to the group there is no concern on behalf of MSU
15:16:19 [Detlev]
Sarah: A second generic version for the testerun for the wider public
15:16:31 [Detlev]
Eric: put EVAL TF survey bwehind password?
15:16:37 [Detlev]
Sarah: would work
15:17:05 [Detlev]
Shadi: Link was already circulated, people can identify the site
15:17:35 [Detlev]
Sarah: having two surveys helps
15:17:59 [Detlev]
Eric: EVAL TF has and avantage
15:18:13 [Detlev]
Eric: otheer comments?
15:19:02 [Detlev]
Eric: specifc evaluation for the EVAL TF group only, remove referecne to site, make survey password protected?
15:19:04 [EricVelleman]
q?
15:19:40 [Detlev]
Sarah: It's ben okeyed that survey with reference to URL can be sent to trusted evaluators (also beyond EVAL TF)
15:20:19 [Liz]
+1
15:20:34 [Sarah_Swierenga]
+1 to relaunching the 4-H survey with a password
15:20:36 [MoeKraft]
+1
15:20:43 [richard]
+1
15:20:54 [Detlev]
Eric: will close current survey, put out new survey where evaluator
15:20:56 [Detlev]
+1
15:21:07 [MaryJo]
+1
15:21:26 [Detlev]
Shadi: Will you remove link from Survey?
15:21:52 [Detlev]
Eric: Yes - link to survey can stand, URL IN survey will be removed.
15:22:18 [Detlev]
Shadi: Needs modified message to tel people that they can pick their own website for evaluaton
15:23:09 [Detlev]
Eric: The survey for the specific evaluation will be sent to EVSAL TF members plus selected evaluators - reference to site will be sent off-list
15:23:35 [Detlev]
Eric: there is no harm because the output of the evaluation will not be publicly visible
15:24:04 [shadi]
+1
15:24:04 [Detlev]
Shadi: even though, we will talk about resulats later - better not to have too much info in public space on specific sites
15:24:08 [MartijnHoutepen]
+1
15:24:24 [Detlev]
Eric: will make changes after this call
15:24:42 [Detlev]
Eric: any mire comments?
15:25:34 [Detlev]
Detlev: give a rationale for picking a range of sites
15:25:50 [Detlev]
Eric: not many other topics
15:25:53 [Sarah_Swierenga]
Sorry, but I need to leave for my off-site grant research meeting now. I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing some of you next week at CSUN. Safe travels!
15:26:25 [Zakim]
-Sarah_Swierenga
15:26:58 [MartijnHoutepen]
agenda?
15:27:09 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:27:09 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "test-run" taken up [from MartijnHoutepen]
15:27:19 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, close agendum 1
15:27:19 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, MartijnHoutepen
15:27:20 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:27:21 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Detlev
15:27:29 [MartijnHoutepen]
q?
15:27:30 [EricVelleman]
q?
15:27:38 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- sae
15:27:41 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- sa
15:27:42 [shadi]
q- sar
15:27:43 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:27:43 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, Detlev
15:27:47 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, close agendum 1
15:27:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1, test-run, closed
15:27:48 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:27:48 [Zakim]
2. open call for evaluations [from MartijnHoutepen]
15:27:54 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:27:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "open call for evaluations" taken up [from MartijnHoutepen]
15:28:02 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, close agendum 2
15:28:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2, open call for evaluations, closed
15:28:03 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:28:03 [Zakim]
3. Disposition of comments [from MartijnHoutepen]
15:28:05 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:28:05 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Disposition of comments" taken up [from MartijnHoutepen]
15:28:51 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/f2f_CSUN
15:28:51 [Detlev]
Shadi: no comment yet, still working on disposition of comments to prepare it for face 2 face meeting
15:29:28 [Detlev]
Zakim, mute me
15:29:28 [Zakim]
Detlev should now be muted
15:29:51 [Detlev]
Shadi: one open thing to discuss is the issue of scoring
15:30:05 [Detlev]
Shadi: any other thing you find important?
15:30:08 [Detlev]
q+
15:30:11 [Detlev]
ack me
15:30:54 [shadi]
Detlev: from going through the techniques, it seems that several are quite out of date
15:31:08 [shadi]
...how does this impact WCAG-EM
15:32:02 [Detlev]
Shadi: WCAG WG will publish techniques more regularly in the future
15:32:27 [Detlev]
Shadi: Techniques are just advisory, focus is on SC
15:35:28 [Detlev]
Mentioning that WCAG-EM, leaving the how-to-evaluate up to evaluators, might set a realistic expectatino level in the text itself
15:35:40 [Detlev]
Eric: good point for the agrnda
15:36:30 [Detlev]
Eric: Group comments in dsposition of comments, then think of answers
15:36:47 [Detlev]
Shadi: important for prioritization
15:37:22 [Detlev]
Shadi: will work on comments to make it easier to tacke
15:37:32 [Detlev]
q+
15:37:43 [Detlev]
When is the deadline?
15:38:40 [Detlev]
Eric: project deadline is passed
15:39:28 [Detlev]
Test-run work after publishng the note, possibly
15:39:43 [Detlev]
Shadi: deadline for testrun is 10 April
15:40:23 [Detlev]
Shadi: test run may change recommendations
15:41:14 [EricVelleman]
q?
15:41:35 [Detlev]
Shadi: process the resutls of test run until end of April
15:41:37 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- de
15:41:50 [Detlev]
Publication end of May
15:41:54 [Detlev]
Detlev: as draft
15:42:22 [Detlev]
Shadi: depends on comments - if there is need for substantial changes int may delay finalisation
15:42:43 [Detlev]
Shadi: there are hints that oveerall WCAG-EM is on the right track
15:45:11 [Detlev]
Detlev: wondering if further work wil be done on it, and how it is funded
15:45:29 [Detlev]
Shadi: wortk was chartered to lead to a WG note, and that is it for the moment
15:46:09 [Detlev]
No plan to publish the note of the public notes and test run results, final note wil include this feedback
15:46:21 [Detlev]
That was Shadi
15:46:46 [Detlev]
Shadi: hopes that by end of May work will be finished.... :-)
15:47:26 [Detlev]
Shadi: there is more work needed on continued maintenance of the Techniques and Failures
15:47:53 [Detlev]
Zakim, take up next
15:47:53 [Zakim]
I do not see any more non-closed or non-skipped agenda items, Detlev
15:48:06 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, close agendum 3
15:48:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Disposition of comments, closed
15:48:08 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
15:48:12 [Detlev]
Zakim, close agenda item 3
15:48:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agenda item 3', Detlev
15:48:30 [Detlev]
Eric: No further issues
15:48:45 [Liz]
bye
15:48:54 [Zakim]
-richard
15:48:56 [MartijnHoutepen]
ack me
15:48:59 [Detlev]
bye
15:49:03 [Zakim]
-Detlev
15:49:04 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:49:04 [Zakim]
-EricVelleman
15:49:06 [Zakim]
-MaryJo
15:49:07 [Zakim]
-MartijnHoutepen
15:49:08 [Zakim]
-Liz
15:49:14 [Zakim]
-MoeKraft
15:49:15 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)11:00AM has ended
15:49:15 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Liz, MartijnHoutepen, Sarah_Swierenga, EricVelleman, Detlev, MaryJo, MoeKraft, richard
15:49:27 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:49:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:49:27 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
15:49:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:49:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/03/13-eval-minutes.html trackbot
15:49:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:49:36 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items