IRC log of dap on 2014-02-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:28:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/02/20-dap-irc
14:28:10 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:28:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:28:12 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:28:12 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 32 minutes
14:28:13 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
14:28:13 [trackbot]
Date: 20 February 2014
14:28:41 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0039.html
14:29:02 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0039.html
14:29:27 [fjh]
Regrets+ Cathy_Chan, Anssi_Kostiainen
14:29:43 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
14:29:54 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
14:30:08 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
14:30:21 [fjh]
Topic: Welcome, agenda review, announcements
14:55:26 [mats]
Present+ Mats_Wichmann
15:00:04 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
15:00:11 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:00:24 [mats]
Zakim, ??P12 is mats
15:00:24 [Zakim]
+mats; got it
15:00:28 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
15:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P6
15:00:49 [Zakim]
+Clarke
15:00:52 [dom]
Zakim, ??P6 is me
15:00:52 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:01:43 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:01:51 [fjh]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:01:51 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
15:02:10 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mats, dom, Clarke, fjh
15:02:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see richt, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, mats, dom, Josh_Soref, tobie__, anssik, slightlyoff_, mounir, trackbot
15:02:39 [fjh]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:03:43 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
LisaDeLuca_IBM has joined #dap
15:04:04 [fjh]
Present+ Clarke_Stevens
15:04:13 [Zakim]
+Lisa_DeLuca
15:04:29 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
Present+ Lisa_DeLuca
15:04:44 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mats, dom, Clarke, fjh, Lisa_DeLuca
15:04:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see LisaDeLuca_IBM, richt, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, mats, dom, Josh_Soref, tobie__, anssik, slightlyoff_, mounir, trackbot
15:04:55 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
15:04:56 [fjh]
Present+ Mats_Wichmann
15:05:39 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Cancel 13 March teleconference
15:05:49 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
15:05:56 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 13 February 2014
15:05:57 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/att-0030/minutes-2014-02-13.html
15:06:03 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 13 February 2014 are approved
15:06:12 [fjh]
Topic: Network Service Discovery
15:07:29 [Clarke]
Present+ Clarke_Stevens
15:07:30 [fjh]
fjh: WD in process of publication for today, thanks Dom for helping with it
15:07:53 [fjh]
fjh: important to get WD updated to reflect CORS and security and privacy considerations, further changes to be expected after
15:08:01 [fjh]
fjh: defer discussion until we have Rich and Cathy on the call
15:08:05 [fjh]
fjh: any comment?
15:08:11 [fjh]
none
15:08:21 [fjh]
Topic: Vibration
15:08:40 [fjh]
LC 3 published, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-vibration-20140211/ ; ends 4 March 2014
15:08:51 [fjh]
LC Comment received, resolved on list, see LC-2900 : https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-vibration-20140211/2900
15:08:59 [fjh]
fjh: marked as resolved based on comment in email
15:09:15 [fjh]
Topic: Network Information
15:09:55 [fjh]
CfC to shelve http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0042.html
15:10:04 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
15:10:16 [fjh]
fjh: please respond to CfC if possible, CfC closes 25 Feb
15:10:38 [fjh]
Topic: Testing
15:10:45 [fjh]
New view of tests in git repository: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0036.html
15:10:54 [fjh]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?labels=wg-dap lists all the open pull requests relevant to the DAP Working Group
15:11:01 [Zakim]
+Cathy
15:11:02 [fjh]
HTML Media Capture #306, next step to pull?
15:11:11 [fjh]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/306
15:12:09 [fjh]
fjh: how should we handle such pull requests
15:12:27 [fjh]
dom: we as a group need to make decision and agree, then if WG agrees I can handle the actual approval
15:13:36 [fjh]
fjh: I will ask for volunteers on the list, as well as looking at it myself. Volunteers on call are welcome as well?
15:15:34 [fjh]
Topic: Action review
15:15:45 [fjh]
ACTION-523?
15:15:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture -- due 2012-08-31 -- OPEN
15:15:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/523
15:15:51 [fjh]
ACTION-681?
15:15:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-681 -- Frederick Hirsch to Follow up on letting chromium team know about cors addition to network service discovery -- due 2014-02-20 -- OPEN
15:15:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/681
15:16:14 [fjh]
fjh: decided to wait until WD publication, also share with Mozilla which had bug
15:19:12 [Zakim]
-Clarke
15:19:13 [Zakim]
-Cathy
15:19:15 [Zakim]
-mats
15:19:15 [Zakim]
-Lisa_DeLuca
15:19:19 [fjh]
Topic: Roadmap
15:19:39 [Zakim]
-dom
15:19:42 [fjh]
fjh: we have a number of specifications in CR, need to develop tests, have implementations before we can progress them
15:19:54 [fjh]
fjh: these include battery, light, proximity
15:20:22 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
I wanted to mention Dom's note to the cordova dev list
15:20:29 [fjh]
fjh: for Vibration, expect to go back to CR once we complete the current LC which ends 4 March
15:20:45 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
and let you know that I'd be happy to go back to Cordova and let them know where we're at with certain specs we'd like to see them implement
15:20:59 [fjh]
fjh: it looks like HTML Media Capture has two implementations and test cases, so would like to handle pull requests, then get this on track to REC this year
15:22:39 [fjh]
fjh: I expect we will publish Network Service Discovery today as WD, then work issues/fixes, publish another WD, then I'd like to see LC this year, maybe CR
15:23:06 [fjh]
fjh: work in the TF will happen in the TF so if interested please participate there, e.g. media capture and streams etc
15:23:11 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
it's okay, i was going to mention it but got pinged by my project lead. We can talk about it on our next call
15:23:16 [fjh]
… the TF will take those all the way to REC
15:23:33 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
or offline. but I'm happy to faciliate the two groups
15:24:26 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
15:24:32 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:24:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/20-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:24:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:24:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh
15:24:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cathy, LisaDeLuca_IBM, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, mats, dom, Josh_Soref, tobie__, anssik, slightlyoff_, mounir, trackbot
15:24:38 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:24:39 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:24:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were mats, Clarke, dom, fjh, Lisa_DeLuca, Cathy
15:24:54 [fjh]
Regrets- Cathy_Chan
15:25:13 [fjh]
Present+ Cathy_Chan
15:25:54 [fjh]
s/I wanted to mention Dom's note to the cordova dev list//
15:26:06 [fjh]
s/and let you know that I'd be happy to go back to Cordova and let them know where we're at with certain specs we'd like to see them implement//
15:26:19 [fjh]
s/it's okay, i was going to mention it but got pinged by my project lead. We can talk about it on our next call//
15:26:29 [fjh]
s/or offline. but I'm happy to faciliate the two groups//
15:26:35 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:26:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/20-dap-minutes.html fjh
16:45:55 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
17:49:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
18:46:27 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
18:47:01 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
20:35:40 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
21:51:01 [mats]
mats has joined #dap
23:21:34 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
23:26:53 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap