IRC log of coga on 2014-02-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:36:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
16:36:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-irc
16:36:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:37:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Any new issues and introductions
16:37:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Review of user goals
16:37:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Table of content for gap analysis
16:37:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next steps and setting time
16:37:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Table of content for roadmap
16:40:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Liddy Nevile, Deborah Dahl,Mary Jo Mueller,Kinshuk
16:53:09 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
16:53:15 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:54:08 [janina]
zakim, code?
16:54:08 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2642 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), janina
16:54:32 [Zakim]
+??P1
16:54:39 [janina]
zakim, ??P1 is me
16:54:39 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
16:54:40 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
16:55:44 [Zakim]
+Jim_Allan
16:56:15 [Zakim]
+Barry_Johnson
16:56:21 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
16:56:45 [allanj]
allanj has joined #coga
16:57:46 [Zakim]
+??P6
16:59:24 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:59:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, janina, Jim_Allan, Barry_Johnson, ??P6
16:59:26 [allanj]
scribe: allanj
16:59:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P1 is me
16:59:46 [Zakim]
I already had ??P1 as janina, Lisa_Seeman
16:59:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P0 is me
16:59:53 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman; got it
17:00:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
who just joined the call
17:00:15 [allanj]
zakim, agenda?
17:00:15 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
17:00:16 [Zakim]
1. Any new issues and introductions [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:00:16 [Zakim]
2. Review of user goals [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:00:16 [Zakim]
3. Table of content for gap analysis [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:00:16 [Zakim]
4. Next steps and setting time [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:00:16 [Zakim]
5. Table of content for roadmap [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:00:26 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
17:00:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, janina, Jim_Allan, Barry_Johnson, ??P6
17:00:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P6 is Katie
17:00:37 [Zakim]
+Katie; got it
17:00:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.804.749.aaaa
17:01:08 [allanj]
zakim, aaaa is Debra Ruh
17:01:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aaaa is Debra Ruh', allanj
17:01:45 [allanj]
zakim, aaaa is really DebraRuh
17:01:45 [Zakim]
+DebraRuh; got it
17:02:17 [Zakim]
+Joseph_O´Conno
17:02:19 [allanj]
zakim, open item 1
17:02:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Any new issues and introductions" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:02:43 [BarryJohnson]
Are there instructions somewhere about how to be a scripe?
17:02:49 [NeilMilliken]
NeilMilliken has joined #coga
17:04:25 [allanj]
zakim, open item 2
17:04:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review of user goals" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:04:27 [Zakim]
+Neil_Milliken
17:04:30 [Zakim]
+Suzanne_Taylor
17:04:50 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
17:04:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_Seeman, janina, Jim_Allan, Barry_Johnson, Katie, DebraRuh, Joseph_O´Conno, Neil_Milliken, Suzanne_Taylor
17:04:52 [st]
st has joined #coga
17:05:00 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot
17:05:14 [Zakim]
+Michel_Fitos
17:05:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Feb/0032.html
17:05:30 [allanj]
ls: hope to set a schedule for goals
17:05:41 [JF]
JF has joined #coga
17:05:47 [Michel]
Michel has joined #coga
17:05:51 [BarryJohnson]
*allenj - thanks
17:06:11 [Zakim]
+??P20
17:06:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute me
17:06:32 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper should now be muted
17:06:47 [allanj]
ls: reviews email
17:08:34 [allanj]
... user questions, applications, critical information, ict systems, etc.
17:09:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:09:27 [allanj]
ls: any comments
17:09:32 [JF]
JF has joined #coga
17:09:37 [allanj]
jr: like the broadness.
17:10:07 [allanj]
... when talking with folks, a large problem was communicating with loved ones.
17:10:32 [allanj]
jf: under applications. web apps in general or a specific application?
17:10:56 [NeilMilliken]
I think it could be either
17:11:28 [allanj]
jf: specific application or more broad?
17:11:35 [Zakim]
+Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:11:57 [allanj]
ls: both, people get frustrated with both
17:12:47 [allanj]
... last week...looking at tasks, with user scenarios...want broad strokes.
17:13:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:13:46 [allanj]
janina: W3 is web technology. desktop may be out of scope. mobile apps may be in scope (if web backend)
17:14:00 [allanj]
??: what about internet of things
17:14:20 [allanj]
janina: it is the web, ipv6
17:15:51 [allanj]
ls: create action, add examples to wiki
17:16:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: Lisa_Seeman update goals
17:16:16 [allanj]
zakim, open item 2
17:16:16 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review of user goals" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:16:26 [allanj]
zakim, open item 3
17:16:26 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Table of content for gap analysis" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:16:28 [NeilMilliken]
I am happy with the goals
17:16:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis
17:16:56 [JohnRochford]
I too am pleased with the goals
17:17:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis
17:18:04 [josephoconnor]
josephoconnor has joined #coga
17:18:49 [allanj]
ls: review Gap TOC
17:20:44 [allanj]
ls: Section 3 (brainstorming) collect ideas - don't want to lose them
17:22:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:22:13 [allanj]
ls: are people comfortable with sections?
17:22:15 [JohnRochford]
I am confortable with the sections
17:22:25 [NeilMilliken]
Yes I am comfortable
17:22:42 [allanj]
ls: worked on these in China, they are open to change.
17:23:05 [allanj]
ls: now is good time to speak...
17:23:15 [allanj]
SILENCE
17:23:33 [allanj]
zakim, open item 4
17:23:33 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next steps and setting time" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:23:47 [allanj]
ls: setting schedules.
17:23:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/userTemplate
17:24:55 [NeilMilliken]
II should be able o get some user scenarios up by end of this week
17:26:33 [allanj]
ls: want reasonable about of time needed to complete an area
17:26:42 [NeilMilliken]
I have less to put up than most :-)
17:26:57 [NeilMilliken]
dyscalculia has less info
17:27:14 [allanj]
ls: perhaps 6 weeks
17:27:32 [allanj]
dr: don't know what is reasonable
17:27:52 [allanj]
ls: at least a draft
17:28:19 [allanj]
ls: want people to build a section and present to group
17:28:45 [allanj]
... so 6 weeks and a month later have a second draft
17:28:56 [NeilMilliken]
q+
17:29:15 [JF]
Q+
17:30:02 [allanj]
jr: sounds ok, getting started is important
17:30:27 [allanj]
nm: can use my stuff as an example
17:30:59 [allanj]
jf: +1, some of the ideas
17:31:34 [josephoconnor]
Non-vocal encompasses a wide range of developmental and situational etiologies, which do no always intersect with intellectual disabilities. I'll have to narrow the focus to get anything done at all.
17:31:35 [allanj]
... next 6 weeks should not be a vacuum, get feedback through out the time
17:32:06 [allanj]
jf: gaps...write what you know, then we will fill in what's missing
17:32:23 [allanj]
ls: if you know something is missing add that also
17:32:45 [allanj]
ls: add agenda request for help for next week
17:33:24 [allanj]
jr: looked at orgs working on cog a11y. have a list, willing to post.
17:33:30 [JohnRochford]
http://www.clearhelper.org/Resources/CWA/Promoters/
17:33:32 [allanj]
ls: add to wiki page also
17:34:25 [BarryJohnson]
Yes. That soyunds good
17:34:32 [BarryJohnson]
*sounds
17:34:34 [josephoconnor]
6 weeks is good for now.
17:34:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:34:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack neil
17:35:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack JF
17:35:02 [BarryJohnson]
I think we need a target to start with.
17:35:02 [JF]
ack JF
17:35:07 [allanj]
resolution: 6 weeks timeline for completing Gap Analysis
17:35:16 [JF]
Q?
17:35:25 [BarryJohnson]
+1 to JF - Don't be afraid to start
17:36:09 [Michel]
+Q
17:36:20 [allanj]
ls: if anyone is not doing a user group, or want to do other research (i.e. executive function, specific technology, etc.)
17:37:06 [allanj]
dr: ADHD and executive function are closely related. though EF deficits show up elsewhere
17:37:09 [Michel]
-q
17:37:42 [Zakim]
-DebraRuh
17:37:44 [allanj]
s/dr: ADHD/michel: ADHD
17:38:17 [JF]
zakim, who is noisy
17:38:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is noisy', JF
17:38:28 [allanj]
ls: michel do you want to take executive function and run with it.
17:38:45 [allanj]
michel: sure, I will do that
17:39:15 [allanj]
ls: anyone want to look at specifications
17:40:06 [allanj]
rs: specifications for which technologies?
17:40:28 [allanj]
ls: FLUID, emotion markup, etc
17:40:50 [allanj]
rs: will take specifications (FLUID etc)
17:41:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:41:51 [josephoconnor]
I will be at CSUN.
17:41:56 [NeilMilliken]
I wish I was attending
17:41:57 [allanj]
rs: CSUN will have COGA panel discussion
17:42:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
I will be there
17:42:14 [NeilMilliken]
send me details just in case I can
17:42:15 [allanj]
ja: I will be there
17:42:20 [BarryJohnson]
If we could get an idea of when & where
17:42:38 [richardschwerdtfeger]
Cognitive Accessibility Task Force March 21, 2014 Seapart A - IBM 2nd floor
17:42:50 [allanj]
zakim, agenda?
17:42:50 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
17:42:51 [Zakim]
1. Any new issues and introductions [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:42:51 [Zakim]
2. Review of user goals [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:42:51 [Zakim]
3. Table of content for gap analysis [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:42:51 [Zakim]
4. Next steps and setting time [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:42:51 [Zakim]
5. Table of content for roadmap [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:05 [allanj]
zakim, close item 1
17:43:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Any new issues and introductions, closed
17:43:06 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:43:06 [Zakim]
2. Review of user goals [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:12 [allanj]
zakim, close item 2
17:43:12 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Review of user goals, closed
17:43:13 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:43:13 [Zakim]
3. Table of content for gap analysis [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Roadmap
17:43:17 [NeilMilliken]
I have to go but dont let me stop you
17:43:19 [allanj]
zakim, close item 3
17:43:19 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Table of content for gap analysis, closed
17:43:20 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:43:20 [Zakim]
4. Next steps and setting time [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:29 [allanj]
zakim, open item 5
17:43:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Table of content for roadmap" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:43:40 [allanj]
zakim, close item 4
17:43:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Next steps and setting time, closed
17:43:41 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
17:43:41 [Zakim]
5. Table of content for roadmap [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:44:04 [NeilMilliken]
NeilMilliken has left #coga
17:44:19 [Zakim]
-Neil_Milliken
17:44:27 [josephoconnor]
http://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/2014/sessions/index.php/public/presentations/view/260
17:44:59 [allanj]
ls: any comments?
17:45:26 [allanj]
rs: business needs, mobile? why we are addressing it now, rather than later
17:45:38 [allanj]
... want people interested. could be in the intro
17:45:52 [allanj]
... want to get it in peoples faces
17:46:00 [JohnRochford]
I think it would be worthwhile to add mobile
17:46:05 [allanj]
jr: the world is going mobile
17:47:07 [allanj]
rs: could put after intro, in separate section (business and mobile)
17:47:19 [allanj]
ls: 2 sections or just 1
17:47:32 [JohnRochford]
I just realized there is another John (JF) on the call, and I have been answering questions directed to him. I apologize.
17:47:52 [allanj]
rs: mobile - mean different input methods, or something else.
17:48:11 [josephoconnor]
focus on users
17:48:35 [allanj]
janina: what is difference between mobile and standard input...if no difference don't call out. just add into issues
17:48:36 [josephoconnor]
users not restricted to one environment
17:49:12 [allanj]
ls: will add business case after the intro. Business Case and urgency
17:49:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:49:39 [allanj]
ls: any other comments?
17:49:49 [josephoconnor]
Voice output devices now generally have web access in addition to email and IM.
17:49:52 [allanj]
rrsagent, make minuses
17:49:52 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minuses', allanj. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:49:57 [allanj]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:49:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-minutes.html allanj
17:50:08 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
17:50:10 [Zakim]
-Katie
17:50:11 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
17:50:12 [allanj]
rrsagent, set logs public
17:50:15 [Zakim]
-Suzanne_Taylor
17:50:15 [BarryJohnson]
Thank you everyone
17:50:16 [Zakim]
-Michel_Fitos
17:50:16 [Zakim]
-janina
17:50:17 [Zakim]
-Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:50:34 [josephoconnor]
Going to Disneyland.
17:50:43 [Zakim]
-Barry_Johnson
17:51:13 [Zakim]
-Jim_Allan
17:51:24 [allanj]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:51:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-minutes.html allanj
17:51:35 [allanj]
zakim, please part
17:51:36 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were janina, Jim_Allan, Barry_Johnson, Lisa_Seeman, Katie, +1.804.749.aaaa, DebraRuh, Joseph_O´Conno, Neil_Milliken, Suzanne_Taylor,
17:51:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:51:38 [Zakim]
... John_Foliot, Michel_Fitos, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:51:46 [allanj]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:51:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-minutes.html allanj
17:52:37 [allanj]
meeting: Cognitive Accessibility Task-force telecon
17:52:46 [allanj]
chair: Lisa Seeman
17:52:49 [allanj]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:52:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-minutes.html allanj
17:53:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/
17:53:12 [allanj]
rrsagent, please part
17:53:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-actions.rdf :
17:53:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Lisa_Seeman update goals [1]
17:53:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/17-coga-irc#T17-16-00