Technical factors affecting potential use of open data for innovation, efficiency and commercial exploitation
From Data on the Web Best Practices
Technical factors affecting potential use of open data for innovation, efficiency and commercial exploitation.
- Data representation on the Web
- Performance: RDF encoding and decoding can be prolix and lazy to handle if they not obey rules like Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies, for example
- High-speed data exchange formats on the Web ("live Open Data feed" - cited by Steven Adler)
- Data tracking on across websites - data provenance applications
- Real Time exchanging data - web protocols interacting with other protocols to "transport" and present data