IRC log of dap on 2013-11-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
14:28:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-dap-irc
14:28:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:28:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
14:28:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
14:28:39 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 32 minutes
14:28:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
14:28:40 [trackbot]
Date: 21 November 2013
14:29:28 [fjh]
Regrets+ Jean-Claude_Dufourd, Josh_Soref
14:29:38 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0028.html
14:29:53 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 ; agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0028.html
14:30:27 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
14:30:40 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
14:31:08 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
14:41:57 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
14:58:29 [mats]
Present+ Mats_Wichmann
14:59:19 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
14:59:27 [Zakim]
+Lisa_DeLuca
14:59:42 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:59:50 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:00:01 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
15:00:01 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
15:00:11 [mats]
zakim, ??P5 is me
15:00:11 [Zakim]
+mats; got it
15:00:30 [fjh]
Present+ Lisa_DeLuca
15:00:34 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
Present+ Lisa_DeLuca
15:00:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Lisa_DeLuca, mats, fjh
15:00:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see lgombos, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, mats, LisaDeLuca_IBM, dom, anssik, Josh_Soref, richt, trackbot, mounir, slightlyoff
15:00:46 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:54 [anssik]
zakim, ??P10 is me
15:00:54 [Zakim]
+anssik; got it
15:01:00 [anssik]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
15:01:24 [fjh]
Topic: Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
15:01:35 [fjh]
Welcome new member, Mats Wichmann (Samsung), http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0026.html
15:01:47 [fjh]
No call next week; upcoming calls 5, 12, 19 December
15:01:47 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel DAP teleconference 2 January 2014.
15:02:13 [Zakim]
+??P15
15:02:15 [dom]
Zakim, ??P15 is me
15:02:15 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:02:40 [Zakim]
+gmandyam
15:02:44 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #dap
15:03:16 [dom]
Present+Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:04:58 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Cancel DAP teleconference 2 January 2014
15:05:00 [dom]
+1 on cancelling on Jan 2 :)
15:05:11 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
15:05:19 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 7 November 2013
15:05:19 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/att-0024/minutes-2013-11-07.html
15:05:25 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 November 2013 are approved
15:05:37 [fjh]
Topic: TPAC update
15:05:48 [fjh]
Relevant news from TPAC
15:06:29 [anssik]
http://webscreens.github.io/presentation-api/
15:06:45 [fjh]
fjh: presentation api might be relevant to our group, breakout session
15:07:10 [fjh]
fjh: minutes from session, http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-webscreens-minutes.html
15:07:24 [fjh]
anssik: discovery is out of scope for this specification so not tightly linked
15:07:34 [fjh]
… spec is in community group, could be in scope for DAP
15:07:42 [fjh]
… interest in this specification
15:08:21 [fjh]
fjh: we need to figure out which group it needs to go to
15:08:24 [fjh]
dom: would need rechartering if it goes to DAP
15:08:38 [fjh]
… need to figure out which implementers want to work on this, that should drive this decision
15:08:43 [fjh]
fjh: makes sense
15:09:25 [fjh]
dom: anssik you should take the lead on getting support from implementers to determine where this should go
15:09:46 [fjh]
anssik: we are doing that, Mozilla is also already engaged, talking to other browser vendors
15:10:15 [fjh]
… want to get two browser vendors on board, then find WG where they are already members
15:10:29 [fjh]
dom: will need rejoining due to charter regardless, but good to have group that is working
15:10:48 [fjh]
… happy to serve as team contact on this if you anssik can continue moving this forward
15:10:53 [fjh]
anssik: ok
15:11:23 [fjh]
… want to start in community group, easy to get started there
15:11:45 [fjh]
… once we have implementers then we can take it forward
15:12:14 [fjh]
… prefer to use existing group, heads up for participants of this group
15:12:26 [fjh]
… here is link to community group
15:12:28 [anssik]
http://www.w3.org/community/webscreens/
15:12:33 [fjh]
… join if you wish
15:13:18 [fjh]
fjh: another interesting TPAC session was Web of Things break-out session at TPAC2013
15:13:25 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/community/wot/2013/11/13/web-of-things-break-out-session-at-tpac2013/
15:13:46 [fjh]
fjh: anything new that can inform our work
15:14:23 [fjh]
dom: lots of overlap with sensors
15:14:40 [fjh]
… practical overlap not that great, since this work is in very early stages
15:15:20 [fjh]
… interest in network service discovery
15:16:15 [fjh]
fjh: anything else to report from TPAC
15:16:21 [fjh]
dom: media capture TF met
15:16:29 [fjh]
… discussions on constraint mechanisms
15:16:53 [fjh]
… can see follow up discussion on mailing list of TF
15:17:07 [fjh]
… original goal was to move to LC in next few weeks but will be delayed
15:17:40 [fjh]
Media Capture TF mailing list archive is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/
15:17:59 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-mediacap-minutes.html Media Capture TF minutes
15:18:22 [fjh]
Topic: Testing
15:18:31 [fjh]
anssik: nothing to report
15:19:28 [fjh]
fjh: dom you might want to look at the minutes of the previous DAP call(s), I think there are some testing pull requests you might want to review
15:19:39 [fjh]
Topic: Network Service Discovery
15:20:05 [fjh]
fjh: ISSUE 131, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0025.html, goal to resolve this one
15:20:09 [fjh]
ISSUE-131?
15:20:09 [trackbot]
ISSUE-131 -- Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? -- open
15:20:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131
15:20:29 [fjh]
fjh: not sure we can do much on this call without Rich, Cathy or Jean-Claude
15:21:13 [fjh]
Topic: Note publication for Shelved docs
15:21:33 [fjh]
fjh: assume we wait until Anssi has a chance to look at this, be aware of end of year moratorium
15:21:46 [fjh]
publishing moratorium information: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Main_Page#Administrativia
15:22:32 [Zakim]
-anssik
15:22:34 [Zakim]
-dom
15:22:34 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
15:22:35 [fjh]
none
15:22:38 [Zakim]
-mats
15:22:40 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
15:22:43 [Zakim]
-Lisa_DeLuca
15:22:44 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:22:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:22:44 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
15:23:10 [fjh]
Present+ Giri_Mandyam
15:23:45 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
15:24:15 [fjh]
s/Relevant news from TPAC/fjh: Lets review relevant news from TPAC, starting with the Second Screen session/
15:24:34 [fjh]
s/, breakout session//
15:24:55 [fjh]
s/interest in this specification/there is interest in this specification/
15:25:44 [Zakim]
+Cathy
15:26:09 [Zakim]
-Cathy
15:28:21 [fjh]
s/overlap with sensors/overlap of Web of Things and DAP/
15:28:58 [fjh]
Regrets+ Cathy_Chan_(Joining late)
15:29:03 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:29:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:29:28 [fjh]
Regrets- Cathy_Chan_(Joining late)
15:29:33 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:29:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:30:15 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:30:16 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:30:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were Lisa_DeLuca, fjh, mats, anssik, dom, gmandyam, Cathy
16:31:44 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
17:30:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dap
17:37:21 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
18:39:59 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
18:42:20 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
19:06:35 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
19:35:56 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
19:46:40 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
22:18:53 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
22:30:22 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
23:30:37 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap